Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedpersian/iranian

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
koroush View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Topic: persian/iranian
    Posted: 06-Mar-2006 at 18:47

just a few days one of my classmates asked me, with a sign of disgust, that why do people coming from iran call themselves persian, not iranian. i myself am very good at answering persian related questions, but i was stunned by this. What should i have answered him? 

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2006 at 18:59

Because they don't want to say they are iranian because of the stigmatism that comes with it, I have known people of various iranian ethnicities to call themselves Persian, in the old sense, meaning that they were referring to Persian as a nationality.

I myself have always stated that i am Iranian all my life, and I am sure that it might have cost me on a couple of occassions, but I don't care, if people have any sort of problem with it, they can go and get stuffed, because ia m and always wil be Iranian.

When we lived in Germany and I was very young, I lost my parents in a museum and a security guard got me and radioed off somewhere and said, I have found a Turkish boy who's lost his parents, I was crying already and I defiantly and resolutely said "nicht Turkisch; Iranisch!", and the people around laughed, probably thinking it was cute or something.

Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2006 at 19:31

well, they got a lot of turks in germany, so thats why they probably thought you were turkist.

anyway, i have also always called myself iranian.

i have a question myself. i am persian by ethnicity, but what do persians call themselves in Parsi? because persian was the name given to people who were from Persia, both are western terms for iranians.

does persian mean iranian?

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2006 at 19:38
Yea, I know, but the point is that i knew what I was at a very young age and wouldn't accept being incorrectly catagorised, I got that from my dad - but he has turned into a bit of a Kurdish nationalist in his old age, I guess he has lost faith in Iran and after what he has been through, I don't blame him.
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2006 at 19:55

Originally posted by Zagros

Yea, I know, but the point is that i knew what I was at a very young age and wouldn't accept being incorrectly catagorised, I got that from my dad - but he has turned into a bit of a Kurdish nationalist in his old age, I guess he has lost faith in Iran and after what he has been through, I don't blame him.

have you lost faith? is the life of kurds in iran really that bad? worse than that of azeri's, persians, arabs, etc..???

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2006 at 20:02
all people in Iran are in same S###
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2006 at 20:07
@Korosh:
Before dear Bush, Nobody knew where is Iran
now, Iran=Terrorist
But Persia remember Persian empire & their glory
I said b4:
I remember, I read in blog about Iranian in Austurallia when he was student in a elementary school,
Teacher asked him: Where are you form??
-Iran
-Iran?? neighbour of Vietnam??
-No, Persia
-oh yes, persian empire!!!!

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2006 at 04:39
Originally posted by prsn41ife

Originally posted by Zagros

have you lost faith? is the life of kurds in iran really that bad? worse than that of azeri's, persians, arabs, etc..???

Not me, my dad.  And yes, situation of Suni Kurds is not very good, especially since Ahmadinezhad came to office.

When the IRI sends $250m to Palestinian Terrorists and ignores its peripheral regions, it does not send the right message.

saiwan View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2006 at 12:24

hmmm, pls have patience with me

Well i think its ok if u reside in iran and call urself an iraninan. But when u r not situated in that country shouldnt u call urself by ur ethnicity?`

I mean when ppl ask me "what re you", in effect my origin, i say i am kurdish. Not iranian.

And i have great respect for ur father Mr. Zagros. We need more kurds like him.

Cent View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2006 at 12:24

"have you lost faith? is the life of kurds in iran really that bad? worse than that of azeri's, persians, arabs, etc..???"

Iran is oppressing Kurds the most. They're constantly taping your phones, closes newspapers (my brother works for one, but it has been closed, they fear that they will use it for propaganda uses), and the Sunni Kurds don't have Sunni mosques (same for all the Sunnis).

Iran doesn't help Kordestan and other Kurdish provinces. No money no help... They're litteraly sh*tting on us.

saiwan View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2006 at 12:35

I know it can be a bit nagging when i all the time refer to the kurds and their right. But u have to understand the kurdish question is very dear to me.

Let me tell u a story:

During the time i lived in iran we moved around alot, i felt kind of like gypsie. When i was going to start 3:rd grade in tehran, massodia, the headmaster in school did not allow me to enter. No kurds with green pass were allowed he said. So i went home.

My uncle was in the armie during the time, and when he heard about that he got really upset, so he put his military cloth on and went to the headmaster. I dont know what he did to him but the next day i was welcome.

Another story:

One day me and my mome where going home after visiting a realtive, on our way we witnessed a "burial train" (ppl goiing after the remnant of a dead man/female). We asked what had happened to the man, they said he has been martyred in kurdistan. One of our neghbors saw us and told us to leave fast, coz if they know u r kurdish ur life would not be safe.

Another story:

As a kid u r allways sensitive of being different from others. And one thing that kept nagging me was that they always called me for "arabe malakh-khor") ehich means Arab grasshopper eater. 

So in iran i was arab, (i am a fayli kurd), and my parents have told me how the arabs called them for Ajam, arbic term for fars. So u see if they dont want me, why do i have to clasp to them and call me for an iraninan? 

Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2006 at 12:50

Saiwan, this is how I think: Human, Kurd and then Iranian. Be proud of being a Kurd. Do not let anyone treat you different because of your ethnicity.

They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Maziar View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2006 at 12:51

@Saiwan, please don't be offended, but i don't believe you if you say they call you Arab malakh khor. This is not typical for iranians. And i don't believe you either if you had to go befor your life would not be safe to stay by the burial. I have never heared befor someone call a Kurd an arab malakh khor. and i have never heared of etnicity problemes between Iranians.

@Cent, if there is an oppresing against Kurds this is from the islamic gov. Iranian people have no probleme with Kurds. your claims are due to ignorance. as i said befor i am a Kurd too. My father was respected from people in our city part of Tehran, and they all knew he is a Kurd.

Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2006 at 12:52
Why i was signed as guest in my last post?
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2006 at 13:03

Me or my family have never experienced such a thing in Iran, we have family who moved to Tehran and they went there as Kurds one generation ago and still dance Kurdish and can speak Kurdish.

Iranians in general have respect for Kurds, they have a reputation as brave and honest and there are many songs in Persian language praising Kurds. The only bad words we have heard have been from iraqi Kurds who said Iranian Kurds aren't real Kurds and they used to make fun of us.  But now for some reason everyone in Iran who is not Persian, Arab or Turk is Kurdish to them.

Edited by Zagros
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2006 at 13:06

"@Cent, if there is an oppresing against Kurds this is from the islamic gov. Iranian people have no probleme with Kurds. your claims are due to ignorance. as i said befor i am a Kurd too. My father was respected from people in our city part of Tehran, and they all knew he is a Kurd."

Yes that's what I mean, Iran, not Iranians.

Are my claims due to ignorance? Can you then tell my why MY BROTHERS PHONE SOUND WIERD WHEN I CALL HIM? When my friends call their family? When my father calls home? You don't know sh*t man, when I and many many people experienced it don't call me ignorant.

So your saying that they didn't close newspapers in Kordestan province? HUH? You said I was ignorant, tell me then. MY BROTHER WORKS FOR ONE. HE DOESN'T HAVE A JOB ANYMORE.

Your saying that I'm ignorant when THERE ARE LIKE NO SUNNI MOSQUES IN IRAN? HUH?

Iranian regime is not giving the Kurds aid. They don't care about us.

DONT CALL ME IGNORANT.

I'm sorry, but  when A KURD, doesn't realise the problems and calls me ignorant, I get aggravated.

They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
saiwan View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2006 at 13:17

Yao as a fayli kurd without iranian citizenship u r at the merci of the governments hands.

When my little brother was born in tehran and my father went to name him they refuse to write down his name Ardalan. Why?

All of my other cousins have arabic name because of their faith, names like ahmad, mohammad, ali, hasan , husein ....

I never said we were not allowed to speak or dance in kurdish Mr Zagros. That is allowed, but for god sake, we shouldnt even discuss such a thin, every human should hav e those rights. It's not easy to be a kurd, so at least let the kurds themself act as one. U think like that, i think like this. It doesnt work this way, we have to be united.

U said earlier about ur fathers bad experiences, and now u say there is nothing bad happening?

Would u pleas tell me what are those bad experiences?

Why should i as a kurd convince u Mr Zagros about kurdishness, about or rights? Isnt those right God given? The turks in iran are called Turke khar. The arabs are called arabe malakh khor. I lived there man, i was there man, i heard those commentaries. I didnt dream about all this.

So is it so wrong of me to be proud and call myself kurdish instead of irraninan? yes sure we kurds are famous for bravery, but also for treason. We have a bad habbit to betray eachother as fast as the ottoman, safaid, iranina, turk or arabs pays the right  price.

Stop this nightmare pls. I am begging u as a kurd, as a brother, dont let or martyrs blood be for nothing!

My uncle died in the iran/iraq war, he defended iran against the invading armies of Saddam, he was martyred. But for what? They have called a street in qarchak/tehran after him, so what? My other uncle has been in the arme since he arrived to iran from iraq. And now when saddam is gone they forced him to go back to iraq, is that the way human beeings should be treated?

Zagroz bragam, we have to deny the oak of the invaders. Let us make ourselfs a Kurdistan, and i swear by the almighty, then i will say that arabs, persians and turks are my brothers. At that time i will have the choice to say so. But till then we have to fight, and stay united. By fighting i dont mean that u have to get phsical, no, the power of mind is far greater. But we now that u cant go long with the pen, cos it will do u no good when u havr a gun pointing at ur face.

Stand united.

saiwan View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2006 at 13:20

Dased dard nak bragam.

I am very proud of you. thank you very much. Why dont u just come here and spitt in my face. Ur words hurts.

There are ignorant people, sure there are aorani kurds who say i am not kurd. So, they are ignorant. We are many in iran and in iraq, but we have not a voice in the kurdish struggle, because we dont do anything.

Mr Zagros ur words are braking my heart. I feel like a fool when i am trying to educate the ppl about the kurds, when my own ppl do not agree with me.

saiwan View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2006 at 13:21
Dont be misstaken ppl i wont get offended. We are talking, but some word just hurts man.
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2006 at 13:24
Calling Kurd as Malkhkhor!!!???
totally new, I've never heard it.

as Maziar said, it's belong this #### IR gov.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>