Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Spanish Muslim

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spanish Muslim
    Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 07:37
I must agree with Voyager: you are being dishonest in this discussion and making us waste our time. 

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 09:44

Once again, show me where iam being dishonest.

You agree with Voyeger, well you would since the both of you have not shown aby evidence and are speeking with emotion. Please discuss in a mature manner.

Degredado View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Degredado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2006 at 08:38
Originally posted by BurakMertTurk

One of the exact knowledge about them is ..They teach Europans how to built house, and how to care for ilness

Europeans have been building homes since the stone age, and they already knew how to treat illnesses before the Arabs arrived on the scene. The History Channel has a lot of explaining to do...

I can give you some information on the situation of muslims in Portugal. They ceased to exist sometime around the sixteenth century. They were never as important as they were in Castille. The Moors were simply artisans, and nothing else. There are no crypto-muslims in Portugal. However, there are crypto-jews in Portugal, living in a village called Belmonte. Their rite is somewhat different from the jewish norm.

Vou votar nas putas. Estou farto de votar nos filhos delas
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2006 at 18:15
Originally posted by OSMANLI

Once again, show me where iam being dishonest.

You agree with Voyeger, well you would since the both of you have not shown aby evidence and are speeking with emotion. Please discuss in a mature manner.

The intelectual dishonesty is in you claiming a suppossed "fact" on the basis of a hypothetical possibility that is not just unrealistic but also unreal.

You say: I read that A happened 400 years ago for sometime, I think it could have kepty going on for all these 400 years, therefore it must have gone on and therefore A is a modern reality.

It's like saying that "I put fuel in my car and started driving down the road... someone mad sure that I had five holes in my deposit, yet I managed to travel from Seville to Delhi without refueling".

Or "I jumped 1 meter therefore I may have jumped 5 meters and therefore I actually jumped 10".

Or "Neanderthals existed for some time whith our ancestors, therefore they may have survived in some hidden cave therefore they still walk by the streets of Madrid"

Or "Leonardo Da Vinci lived in the 15th century, therefore he may have lived on, therefore he is still alive"

It's just a nonsense.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 04:56

What are you talking about?

I never said its a fact. I said it is possible, then showed fact to show that it is possible. Which is why you did not directly quote me

Why are getting so emotional over an internet post?

Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 19:45
I do not understand why the people living in the regions of spain could be so unpatriotic. They are patriotic to the basque land, or to Andalucia. Why cant someone go up to someone in spain and say "who are you" and the reply would be "I am a spaniard"
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 23:33
Originally posted by Ponce de Leon

I do not understand why the people living in the regions of spain could be so unpatriotic. They are patriotic to the basque land, or to Andalucia. Why cant someone go up to someone in spain and say "who are you" and the reply would be "I am a spaniard"

Because it's against what we feel we are. To Basques particularly union in Spain has been forced, breaking our country in two and persecuting our tongue and traditions.

For you white Angloamericans is easy as for Castilain Spaniards to claim a nationality that your culture are central to. But for the opressed minorities (Native Americans, fro instance) it's not so easy.

I've been in the USA, and one of the things that most impacted me was a Native American in the center of NYC telling me: "Welcome to my Country". Surrealistic.

You first destroy and enslave and then dare to question "why don't you feel one of us". No, thanks! Why don't get your hands off our territory?

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2006 at 08:35
So you feel the same way as native americans in the US?
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2006 at 17:03
Hi,
Maju are you sure of the all "we" and "you" thing your talking about. You
sound like you're very attached to your "roots" for someone claiming he
has no master. I mean as long as you've got the liberty to talk Vasco, why
don't you admit you can be Spanish, after all, it is little more than a piece
of paper.
Besides, Spainards have never massacred any poor Basque tribes.
Bye.
I am a free donkey!
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2006 at 20:54
Originally posted by Ponce de Leon

So you feel the same way as native americans in the US?

Mutatis mutandi... yes.

The same that Quebecois in Canada or Irish under the English yoke.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 19:17
Originally posted by Maharbbal

Hi,
Maju are you sure of the all "we" and "you" thing your talking about. You
sound like you're very attached to your "roots" for someone claiming he
has no master. I mean as long as you've got the liberty to talk Vasco, why
don't you admit you can be Spanish, after all, it is little more than a piece
of paper.

It is much more than just a piece of paper, mon ami, it is the oficial language, what our children learn in school, the right to manage our own bussiness...

Spanish or French have not our sensibility nor our priorities.

Nor they have any interest in our ancient language, which is in dire danger of extintion.

It is not any "replicable" language, you know, it's the most unique language of Europe, the only remain of its kind of our common pre-Indo-European past.

We need our own self-rule to at least attempt to save it.

And I think that other Europeans, included French and Spanish, should be very concerned about it. Stonehenge, Karnac or Los Millares, Altamira or Les Ezyes, are improtant monuments that must be studied and preserved but they are mute. Euskara (the Basque language) is a living fossil and should be cared as patrimony of Humankind (or at least of all Europe).

As I say, only self-rule can guarantee that this happens. Alternatively, France and Spain could make it foicila in all their territories and make everybody learn it... but I find it very unlikely.

Though it would just be "a piece of paper" maybe...

Besides, Spainards have never massacred any poor Basque tribes.
Bye.

I said "mutatis, mutandi".

Castilians and Aragonese (aka Spaniards) have invaded our country and annexed its lands, sometimes in hummiliating terms, as still happens with Trebino. They have imposed their religion and supressed our democratic laws... that's more than enough - specially considering that we have never invaded them.

In fact both Castile and Aragon belonged at some time to Pamplona, yet they were never annexed nor opressed but made kingdoms our of simple counties.

How did they pay? Attacking us, conquering us, dividing our lands.

No. It has no arrangement. Who will trust Spaniards? Fool me once: your fault; fool me twice, my fault.

We can also discuss the situation in France, where no entity at all exists that can preserve the cultural and tehnic legacy of Basques. Even the most basic of the demands: the departement, claimed by all Basque politicians witout exception, is promised and then denied - once and again.

Why should we trust the French either?

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 19:25

Muslims of Spanish, living under Andalucian Umayyad Empire, and then Beni Akhmer Empire, were unfortunately mistreated together with the Jews and later forced to emigrate back to the other side of Gibraltar by Catholic Spanish army after the Spanish unification during Isabella era. 

It is definite that they had an advanced civilization, they had left many monuments out there,which some of them still exists.

We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 23:49
Hi,
To Maju:

Thanks a lot! For the first time in my (short) life I can testify that
anarchist/nationalists still exist.

I must admit the moto: "you've done this to us for X centuries" makes me
sick. By the way, no need to seek this long to realise you shouldn't trust
any government.

Basques did awfull things too. If I am not too wrong fallangistas were
100% basques. (Navare = Eustaki)

And 'you" (well old times ETA to be exact) served them right: Carrearo
Blanco (may the devil take good care of his rotten soul) didn't die alone.

And of course you do not mention Basques have a state of their own in
Spain. Finaly, in what sense is basque language threatened? You have the
right and the means to teach it. It is just extremely difficult and almost
completly unuseful.

PS: Sorry it is out of the thread.

To Kapikulu:
What you're saying is not exactly right. Jews and some Mores (as they
were defined) of the kingdom of Granada were forced to flee or to convert
becoming conversos and a few decades latter suffered the attacks of the
Holly Office (the Inquisition) as so. But, many were those who convert
peacefully. Basically they were more or less following the religion of their
lords.
It took more then two centuries for Islam to become majoritary in Spain.
And it took two centuries from the great battle of Las Navas de Tolosas to
the begining of the Granada war for the ex-muslim populations to
become christian.
It is then a double and very slow process. Only the modern Spanish state
couldn't wait that long... Hence the expultion/massacres/convertion.

Edited by Maharbbal
I am a free donkey!
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2006 at 03:20
Originally posted by Maharbbal

Hi,
To Maju:

Thanks a lot! For the first time in my (short) life I can testify that
anarchist/nationalists still exist.

I must admit the moto: "you've done this to us for X centuries" makes me
sick. By the way, no need to seek this long to realise you shouldn't trust
any government.

Basques did awfull things too. If I am not too wrong fallangistas were
100% basques. (Navare = Eustaki)

And 'you" (well old times ETA to be exact) served them right: Carrearo
Blanco (may the devil take good care of his rotten soul) didn't die alone.

And of course you do not mention Basques have a state of their own in
Spain. Finaly, in what sense is basque language threatened? You have the
right and the means to teach it. It is just extremely difficult and almost
completly unuseful.

PS: Sorry it is out of the thread.

Totally off topic.

But anyhow. Yes: anarcho-nationalists exist though we are rare ans mostly Basque subspecies in inminent danger of total extintion - I fear. You must not forget though that Anarchists were cold to the national issue nor that many nations have quasi-anarchist traditions that may be recycled.

You are mixing falangistas (fascists) with requets/Carlists (ultra-conservative monarchists). Carlism was a process that affected our nation in a complex way but basically it meant that, as the old regime was more respectful with our liberties than the new "liberal" one, we chose to support the old ghosts. Carlism was a very sick process, comperable partly to fundamentalism as a pretended liberational force in Muslim countries: it goes nowhere and causes much confussion. But some Basques ended trampled in that tiny group anyhow, 100 years after it made any sense.

Carlism is worth a topic on its own surely, as for a moment we could have restored Navarre independent, not under the Bourbon pretender Don Carlos but under General Zumalakarregi, who had the support of the grassroots and the provincial governments. He was poisoned.

Finally Basques don't have any "state" within Spain because the little autonomy we have is not self-rule and it's always dependent on the wish of Spaniards, who (btw) have the representation distorted to make Castile weight even more in the central Parlament. An autonomous region is not any state and also one must think about the situation in Navarre (anti-Basque apartheid), Trebino (forced and marginalizing incoprportaion to Castile-Leon since 1200) and the North (under French rule and also anti-Basque apartheid, with no self rule at all).

In any case the question is wether we decide or what. If we can decide, then it will be no problem. If we can't decide, there will remain being problems till we can.

This war isn't anything new.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2006 at 07:39
Hi,
to Maju:
quote: "In any case the question is wether we decide or what. If we can
decide, then it will be no problem. If we can't decide, there will remain
being problems till we can."

So true. Lets only hope you'll take the good decision.
Bye.

Edited by Maharbbal
I am a free donkey!
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2006 at 22:48
Whatever the decission is, wether we are allowed to decide or what is the true matter. I'm sure that once we have our original power (suzeraignity) restored, we will take the best decissions available for us and our neighbours. We have never been an aggressive nation but we are truly stubborn in the defensive sense.

Edited by Maju

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
R_AK47 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote R_AK47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2006 at 22:56
Originally posted by Degredado

Originally posted by BurakMertTurk

One of the exact knowledge about them is ..They teach Europans how to built house, and how to care for ilness

Europeans have been building homes since the stone age, and they already knew how to treat illnesses before the Arabs arrived on the scene. The History Channel has a lot of explaining to do...

You can say that again, the history channel's bias against medieval europeans is becoming very irritating.  Their bias is blatantly apparent in most of the history channel's medieval programs that I have seen.  Of course europeans knew how to build houses, what else would they have lived in?  arabs did not teach them these things.

Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2006 at 15:44
While the Byzantine and Islamic worlds were both a long way ahead of the Catholic West during the Medieval period, we should hardly assume that these two greater civilization HAD to teach the West everything they know. The West was not as advanced, but of course they still knew how to build grand buildings and treat disease. The flurry of castle building and innovations in Gothic architecture are proof enough of the former, while every community had a knowledge of the basics of medical treatment such as poppies for pain (think morphine) and how to properly amputate limbs.
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2006 at 16:40
What is the most famous medieval tale of Spain?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2008 at 21:59
Originally posted by amir khan

Is modern Spain's racist embarrassment a hangover of the reconquesta mentality of intolerance and the "them and us attitude"?

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------

Spain is in denial about its racism.

The exception? ?It is well known,? says Bondjale, ?that any time a black player gets the ball, there is monkey chanting ? this is the norm. When monkey chanting starts, part of the crowd is silent, the other joins in. And nobody ever does anything. No one has ever been prosecuted for monkey chanting. The police can be standing two metres away and they never intervene.?

Read about Spanish racism in Football here:

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/observer/archives/2005/05/04/the _shame_in_spain.html

------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>