Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rome: Total War

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Poll Question: Which factiono is best to play as
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
34 [16.50%]
5 [2.43%]
2 [0.97%]
7 [3.40%]
5 [2.43%]
9 [4.37%]
8 [3.88%]
3 [1.46%]
31 [15.05%]
102 [49.51%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rome: Total War
    Posted: 27-Oct-2004 at 13:25

Which faction is to play as.I have played as the house of julii at the Imperial campaing and after coming to end of the gameand winnig the other factions was avaiable to play as. I'v played as the Egypt, Parthians and seleciun.

I wonder why it is  hard to play as the Egypt and Parthians. Especailly the parthians was difficult.

I seems as if the egypt and parthians have low ranked units to recruit.  

I could only recriut nubian spearmen as the most advanced unit conserning the Egypt and the very poor arab infantry and  light mounted horse archers of the Parthians.

Anyway I just wonder if any of you know how to oppose the corruption. I have currenlty an  corruption at 40 000 each turn,  / Thanks

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2004 at 15:13
I havn't even played them all yet, so i can't choose. Getting a feel for the Greek States at the moment.

Corruption, as follows:
-Build temples that incrase public law (fights corruption)
-Have govenors in far away cities
-Have you capital as centraly located as possible
At best all you can do is minimise it.
Arrrgh!!"
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2004 at 04:26
The Seleucids is in no doubt the best! They are rich, has good and strong cities and it is easy to conquer both egypt and greece.
sephodwyrm View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote sephodwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2004 at 12:55
Romans. There's a reason why there's no Seleucid, Briton, Germanic or Egyptian Europe but rather, a Roman Europe.
"Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them"
"Not what goes into the mouth that defiles the Man, but what comes out of the mouth" Matthew 7:12, 15:11
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2004 at 14:58
bah, there IS a Germanic europe...
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2004 at 01:03
But that Germanic Europe is not without its degree of Romanisation

Right now I'm thinking a tie between  and Armenians, for both the units and the challenge.
Though i want to try Macedon as soon as i get the chanch.
Arrrgh!!"
warhead View Drop Down
General
General

Quote warhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Nov-2004 at 22:27
Have I mention the program that I downloaded which adds Han, Indian, and xiongnu armies into the game?
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2004 at 00:15
this warhead?

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2004 at 07:45
A link would be better
Arrrgh!!"
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2004 at 14:19
its only in beta form and not available for a couple of days. Its the china mod(originally 3kdms mod).

Not quite public, if this is not what he is refering to, im interested in a link as well.
sephodwyrm View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote sephodwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2004 at 18:21

I hope they can have the Wu Yi (clothless) from the scroll of poems as the Qin marching song...

Wang Yu Xing Shi, Xiu Wo Ge Mao, Yu Zi Tong Chou.
(the king wishes to raise his army, he fixes my spear, and thus my hatred is singular with his)

"Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them"
"Not what goes into the mouth that defiles the Man, but what comes out of the mouth" Matthew 7:12, 15:11
Christscrusader View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Christscrusader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2004 at 21:55
Greeks are the beastlyest, nobody touches my SPartans
Heaven helps those, who help themselves.
-Jc
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2004 at 22:22
i believe the attention to these are going first, more will come sure.

Han han--type
κ Wei wei
Wu wu
Shu shu
XiLiang xl
Barbarian barb--type
Ǽ Qiang q
SouthernBarbarian sb
ڻ WuHuan wh
ɽԽ ShanYue sy
ɽ Slave slave
Ӷ Mercenary merc--type
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2004 at 22:24
warhead, you never said were you sent a beta by a friend or download it from somewhere,SCC? Is yours Tsin empire mod?
ChineseManchurian View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote ChineseManchurian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2004 at 22:28
I can upload Rome total war if someone need
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2004 at 22:46
sorry manchu, no warez or cracks here.
ChineseManchurian View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote ChineseManchurian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2004 at 23:45

I have the cracks, it is easy to find

go to

Edited by Catt
J.M.Finegold View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote J.M.Finegold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2004 at 01:32
I downloaded the realism mod and I played as the "Samartians" (the creator changes the name from Scythians to Sarmantions on a premise that the name was wrong - I'm not so sure about this accuracy in this, but hey, as long as it doesn't hurt the game) and it WONDERFUL!  Ah, pure cavalry armies - it's just like going back to Shogun.... the strategy is relatively simple also:

1.  Charge and faint with light cavalry.
2.  Wedge and charge with heavy cavalry
3.  Procede to sorround with cavalry archers and light cavalry.
4.  You can guess the finishing touches from here.

Consequences: 

---

The only faction I've actually taken Rome with is Greece - everytime I get close I start a new campaign - I hate using the same faction for a long time... in any case, I took Rome with dual armies of a thousand men each...and it ended with Rome revolting, so right now I'm working on yet another siege, which I think I'm going to wait out - I have no lust to lose another four hundred to eight hundred men in a bloody process of sapping, climbing and grapling through, over, and under walls.
J.M.Finegold View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote J.M.Finegold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2004 at 01:34
Originally posted by Cywr

I havn't even played them all yet, so i can't choose. Getting a feel for the Greek States at the moment.

Corruption, as follows:
-Build temples that incrase public law (fights corruption)
-Have govenors in far away cities
-Have you capital as centraly located as possible
At best all you can do is minimise it.

Heh, I don't worry about corruption.  What tends to happen with me is that I have a high corruption rate, made up by me constantly sacking and eliminating conquered cities, and rebellious cities - however, this makes for very long and ardous gaves where my armies are going back and forth from city to city - however, it makes the campaign battle fulfilling.... although, my most recent campaign with the Greeks hasn't had much corruption to date, although I haven't stopped by constant sacking
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2004 at 20:10
wrong thread.

Edited by Gubukjanggoon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>