Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rome: Total War

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Poll Question: Which factiono is best to play as
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
34 [16.50%]
5 [2.43%]
2 [0.97%]
7 [3.40%]
5 [2.43%]
9 [4.37%]
8 [3.88%]
3 [1.46%]
31 [15.05%]
102 [49.51%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rome: Total War
    Posted: 26-Dec-2004 at 09:48
    why are the damn greeks so damn hard to conquer???!!!
Scythian View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Scythian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Dec-2004 at 14:33
Seleucids, for having the most diverse army, and the most interesting position.
( you fight against interesting opponents, not barbarians ).
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Dec-2004 at 14:05
      how the hell do you stop your cities from getting a minus income???
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Dec-2004 at 16:51
cant remember exactly cause i havent played in a couple of months but cities that look like they are losing money are not actually. Especially if they contain a high troop count.

Make sure you have good management in the city, it make a difference(beware of negative vices aswell). Upgrades probably help also.
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Dec-2004 at 06:25
    it's usually the cities i start with that are losing money...the ones i conquer are the ones making the money, expecially after i exterminate the population.. BTW what's usually the best thing to do after taking over a city? exterminate the population, enslave them, or just occupy>?

Edited by babyblue
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Dec-2004 at 06:30
i think it depends on how big you want the city to get. If you want a city to get a certain size and take advantage of upgrades, then you need the population to get their. I agree, extermination seems a good option. The people are not as restless and squalor isnt as bad.
I rarely used slavery.
Conquistador View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Conquistador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Dec-2004 at 18:57
Carthage... for the simple fact that, it's Carthage!
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2004 at 08:59
     is there a way...any way at all...to revive a settlement's economy of -7000?
Murph View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2005 at 19:10
hehehe....how come the money cheat code only works once?  i neeeeeeeed money
Capt. Lubber View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Capt. Lubber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2005 at 09:28
Only me who likes to play as germania? they have a good starting position with easy regions to the east. but you will have to face the gauls and the julii sooner or later. the german unit types fit perfectly with my battle tactics: long line of spear warband to hold the enemy in place, while the gothic/barbarian/noble cavalry runs and attack them from behind
Loke, Attila, the grete conqueror,
Deyde in his sleep, with shame and dishonour,
Bleedinge ay at the nose in dronkenesse,
A captayin shoulde live in sobrenesse
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2005 at 14:26
BTW, a new patch with the incredible size of ~56mb is out.
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2005 at 21:20
yes that is a big one.

Hope to get back to it sometime, been playing a modded MTW again.

anyway, here it is. patch

---
Rome: Total War Patch v1.2 contains many improvements as well as fixes for Single player and Multiplayer issues. For a full list of changes please view the Patch v1.2 readme.

Create your own historic battles using the Rome: Total War engine
Scripting your own battles
Creating videos similar to those used on The History Channel show "Decisive Battles."
You must download the patch to play online. You cannot continue to play online with unpatched versions of the game.

Edited by Catt
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2005 at 17:01

which mod?

bah, I still have those wet dreams of modding MTW, especially now that I buy all those Osprey books about medieval warfare... (and Rome still sucks crap)

BTW, how about modding Shogun? it is already near-perfect and wouldn't need much changes, so is it as easy to mod as Medieval?

cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2005 at 23:37
which mod? MedMod, it is my favortie MTW mod. It was fun going back to MTW for a campaign. I really like this time, and napolean era also.

I think the next one im going to play is the XL mod if i can find the time.

It is suppose to be the best MTW mod right now.

Features:

- New versions of Early, High and Late.
- New map with 9 new provinces.
- 17 new factions. Included are: Armenians, Bohemians, Bulgarians, Crusader States, Cumans, Genoese, Hospitaller Order, Irish, Lithuanians, Norwegians, Portuguese, Scots, Serbians, Swedes, Teutonic Knights, Venetians, and Volga Bulgars.
- The unplayable factions can now be played (Burgundians, Golden Horde, Novgorod and the Papalcy)
- Lots of new units.
- Lots of new heroes.
- Landbriges removed.
- New Hospital, Bank and Royal bank building added.
- 3 pagan religious buildings added.
- Pagan shaman, emissaries, spies and assassins.
- New unit stats (Units have more correct stats and higher morale. Battles are now much harder and fun!).
- Improved AI (Build better units, better empire building)
- New trade structure (The AI can't handle the trade network in the original game, giving the player a big advantage. Trade income has therefore been reduced and farm income increased by 30%).
- GA mode playable with all factions.
- New GA and Prebattle shields for all factions.
- New music (large version only).
- Old game still playable, but only with the 9 new provinces.
- Auto-install (very easy install).

MTW - Viking Invasion is needed to play this mod

small 28mb
http://www.3ddownloads.com/strategy-gaming/totalwar/MTW/Stat s/VH_MTW_XL2_Light.exe

full 140mb
http://www.3ddownloads.com/strategy-gaming/totalwar/MTW/Stat s/VH_MTW_XL2_Full.exe

Tem, you could probably play this if you flip the language files in the Loc folder.

cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2005 at 23:38

Rome still sucks crap

BTW, how about modding Shogun? it is already near-perfect and wouldn't need much changes, so is it as easy to mod as Medieval?

Shoggy is a smaller game, im sure there are mods around for it.

Yeah, original RTW is boring. Next time i play this, i will have to have a mod. I am out of the loop but they might be working on a Shogun mod for RTW,but not sure.

Im looking foward to the MTW mod for Rome. It is called Chivalry Total War, a long way to go before finishing but they are probably going to release a demo soon.

Similar factions to original but with Novograd, Crusader States, Teutonic Order,ect. Only thing is they call the Byzantines 'Romans'. Hope they change it to East Romans maybe.

http://users.skynet.be/Carthaginian/RTW/ClipBoard4.gif

http://users.skynet.be/Carthaginian/RTW/ClipBoard5.gif
The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2005 at 10:17

I go for the Romans. Go Brutii Go!!!

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2005 at 21:37
I could prolly just read the posts but I'm too lazy.  How do you play as other factions other than the romans?  Do you have to beat the campaign or something?
The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2005 at 09:43
I had won with the Brutii in short champaign mode. I had conquered the Greeks. I don't mean to insult any one if they are insulted by me conquering the Greeks. It's just a game. A fun one in fact.
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
white dragon View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote white dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2005 at 21:20
"During peace, fathers bury their sons, during war, sons bury their fathers~Herodotus~"

i think that quote might be a little backwards there
Pray as if everything depended upon God and work as if everything depended upon man.
-Francis Cardinal Spellman
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2005 at 21:36
true, fathers and sons should be switched.

white dragon, should yours not be rhymes? Even taking middle english or rhythm it does not add. Variant?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>