Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rome: Total War

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Master of Puppets View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Master of Puppets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rome: Total War
    Posted: 21-Aug-2004 at 04:20
I'm gonna download that demo! I really enjoyed the other TW games - although I didn't have the time and will to become actually good at them  - and will surely check out Rome TW!
Wherever I turn, there is Death.
The Epic of Gilgamesh; Tablet XI, line 245
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2004 at 21:31

Ok, my life is over.

Just got through with the battle of Trebia and the game is unreal.Played it with my old GF3 64mb card and it runs better than MTW in higher detail if you can believe it. The playability is a dream and it has great options.

Some minor details bugged me like the green selection arrows for the units, stupid voices and small units but edited them in the text file.Also gave the game a more rustic shade by changing my card settings.

Temujin is going to become unhinged with the inaccuracies but he will get over it.      ..good job CA!

cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2004 at 02:20

if you cant wait and have to play as the Romans, you can install the files out of this zip into your ACTIVISION/ROME TOTAL WAR-DEMO/DATA/PACK. click the bat file start the game and you can select the Romans.

http://personal.inet.fi/koti/jkourula/asromans.zip

also, i have figured out that you can reset your camera mode in the game options to MTW style. Some reconfiguration may be necessary.

Edited by Catt
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2004 at 10:28
Originally posted by Catt

Temujin is going to become unhinged with the inaccuracies but he will get over it.   

We'll see, we'll see.....

fastspawn View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote fastspawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2004 at 11:30
my graphics card is a a ATI Radeon Mobility Radeon 7500 32 MB. I can barely play the demo, my graphics keep overlaying each other.

It's like they are moving at superfast speed, and leaving their shadows behind them.

damn, i need a new PC>
Mast View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Mast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2004 at 11:48
It ran great on my GeForce 3 Ti200, better than I expected. The game looks perfect and gameplay is amazing, too bad the demo is so short.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2004 at 01:50
Yea I downloaded the demo and I'm quite impressed with it. You can get it at www.legiontotalwar.com but you have to be a member. Its a hell of a lot easier than using IGN.
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2004 at 02:40

welcome back Scipio!   Yes, quite impressive and too short. Bring the game on.   Picturing a Napoleonic version or Warring States makes me almost pass out.

32mb fastspawn? definately due for an update. 

Mast View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Mast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2004 at 08:16
A new mod is done to the game!!

a.) skip intro scene from Battle of Trebia
b.) have the Roman army start BEFORE the the crossing of the river.
c.) instantly adds the Carthaginian sacred band to Carthage
d.) extend duration of battle for at least 20 more minutes. (by turning morale off, a new option)

Over here:
http://www.totalwarcenter.com/downloads/db/index.php?mod=1 6

And look at all these mods!
http://www.totalwarcenter.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6 982&st=0

I recommend the play as Gauls in the tutorial one. It's a great battle.

Edited by Mast
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2004 at 15:28
God its awesome, especially the cavlary plowing through everyone!
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2004 at 16:48

I just got the demo, it was awesome.  I'm buying the game the day it comes out.

Member of IAEA
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2004 at 13:12

look at those awesome smoke-efects, it looks like in movies! B)

Edited by Temujin
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2004 at 19:27
 excellent screenies. Havent seen those.. look at the shine on his helmet also.
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2004 at 14:30
what hapopened to the good old Freak of the week discussion?
Abyssmal Fiend View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Abyssmal Fiend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2004 at 11:03
I really want this game. Just so I can screw around, and have the Spartans somehow defeat the Persians at Thermopalae. Of course, I'm worried that if I install it, my computer would die. Plain and simple.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2004 at 17:03
What is the demo exactly?
One battle?
Arrrgh!!"
Scythian View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Scythian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2004 at 04:26
Originally posted by Cywr

What is the demo exactly?
One battle?

One battle and one tutorial battle. I understand that adding modifications can open some new possibilities.

In any case, the full version will be out in ten days, so just buy it once it comes out.
If you don't buy it, I'll just have to send a pirated copy to Wales.
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2004 at 14:09

ok, after playing the demo I won't get the game in English language, the Triari-AAY and the "Aquates" hurt my ears...

other than that I really LIKE it (though I'll have to edit/remove some units in the final version  

Mast View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Mast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2004 at 07:43
Rome: Total WarTM has been released to manufacturing and will be shipping to retailers in North America on Wednesday, September 22. The game will be shipping to retailers in the United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 29 (and should be on sale around the 1st of October). Other release dates will be announced soon.

New information on the official site.
lars573 View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote lars573 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2004 at 12:24

http://pc.ign.com/objects/498/498739.html

Check this out it's a faction and unit porfile from IGN.com about RTW. The roman one is 19 pages long but don't let that dicourage you it has 10 pages for all the temples to the gods. 12 major roman gods+5 levels for each temple=lota of pages. There are also profile on the Britons, Carthaginians, Seleucids, Egyptians, and the Parthians. The Parthians I found out are Zoroastrians in the game, and that they are as close to a persian faction as RTW gets, they have persian cavalry as a unit.

PS before anyone jumps down my throat I know next to nothing about the Partians except for the partian shot cav archer manuver

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>