Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rome: Total War

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rome: Total War
    Posted: 26-Oct-2004 at 16:21
i ahve not started yet any heavy modification apart from soem custom batles i've played with mast...and ebfore the add-on it's not worth it either, right now i'm only thinking about what should be changed that is easy to modify. and soon i'llt ry to figure out how easy it is to make a new look for untis.
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2004 at 16:22
what do you mean, new look?
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2004 at 17:02
Starting to think that maybe you are right. Maybe MTW is better, i have not played my game in over a week.
RTW definatly has the potential to be the greatest but
its kinda boring now.
It seems it is missing something.. i dont know what. I never got bored with MTW or STW unless i aquired huge amounts of cash.
GA mode is something i miss very very much.
The patch or expansion is supposed to have improved features,i hope.
Perhaps i just played too much, after a break it will be fun again.
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2004 at 20:52

Originally posted by Catt

i wonder how big the modding community that you have access to, have you tried importing any english modifications?

Im gonna mod a pig latin version where the commanders fly around on hovercraft and aliens in saucers blow up stuff with laser-peltasts

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2004 at 14:15

Originally posted by Catt

what do you mean, new look?

I mean the skin of units.

I know what you're saying, the campaign is plain boredom, I have played rome within the last 2 or 3 weeks maybe only three times and only for about an hour...

cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2004 at 15:16
you can change the skins with photoshop but you will need the plug-ins which you can get here.
http://developer.nvidia.com/object/nv_texture_tools.html

To change anything other than skin it will take a professional graphic program.
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2004 at 15:19
i guess i should mention it is the DDS plug ins and they go in the plug in folder in your photoshop program. If you havent worked with photoshop,make back ups.
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2004 at 12:38
thx. is photoshop freware?
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2004 at 13:53
no, unless it is bundled with other software that you bought. They have trial versions.
I am going to try some editing soon, i have only changed shields and such so far.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2004 at 15:26
Arrrgh!!"
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2004 at 12:25
ha, I was able to sucessfully change the starting provinces of the brits/belgians in the firt attempt and without crash!  though soemhow i was not able to give the new rebel provinces a garrison, either i messed the coordinates or made another mistake. i also changed the towns of thracians to the barbaric city-style, but they're still a hellenistic nation and i was not able to find out how to change it. maybe more to come this week.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2004 at 21:53
The frequent CTD's are really starting to annoy me
Tis a shame as its otherwise a great game.
Arrrgh!!"
Christscrusader View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Christscrusader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2004 at 23:18
Is there anyway to get more historical battles? I really wanted to Battle of Thermypolye, did they make one or can we download them from somewhere?
Heaven helps those, who help themselves.
-Jc
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Nov-2004 at 13:31
You best bet is to scan the total war fan sites and see if any fans have made them. Its not that difficult to make your own historical battles, not that i'm in a hurry to try it.

Either that, or wait for an expansion pack
Arrrgh!!"
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Nov-2004 at 19:33
Christscrusader, spent some time looking for what you where asking for and it looks like that battle has yet to be developed. There are old spartan skins you probably would appreciate.
Americanus View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Americanus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2006 at 13:25
One of the best games i have ever played on the computer. Perfectly historicaly accurate.
"Give Me Liberty or Give me death"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678