Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIslam and Christianity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Islam and Christianity
    Posted: 17-Feb-2006 at 00:59
And you realise don't you that non-muslims in muslim lands are entitled to live under their own laws don't you?
Cuauhtemoc View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2006 at 01:35
Originally posted by Mixcoatl

SCIENCE, thousands of years after the passage GENESIS 3:20 was written, agree with an ancient document,

No, it doesn't.
Hi Mixcoatl, I am merely stating facts. FACT 1: The Bible, thousands of years old, and it is, said all humans came from one couple! GENESIS 3:20 Thus the Bible, a document believed to be written by God stated a truth! All humans related to one original couple! FACT 2: DNA studies agree with the BIBLE and proves what it has always said! All humans related to original couple Adam and Eve.
Who would have believed humanity came from one women or man before this discovery? The answer is no one! it is interesting since there was a disregarded theory in an ancient book known as the BIBLE that said all humans were decended from one pair and thus they named them Y chromosome "Adam" and Mitochrondia "Eve"! What could they do with this competing theory but give it recognition? As you must know Mixcoatl, the theory advanced before this discovery was that humans evolved from different groups and different parts of the world. Who would dare endorse that theory today?
Originally posted by gcle2003

As a matter of interest the oldest Biblical texts we have are of parts of the Septuagint, a Greek version of the Jewish Tanakh (roughly - the Old testament) believed to have been compiled in Alexandria sometime after 300BC. Hebrew texts are much later. Check outhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Septuagintwhich looks about right to me.The Bible was not 'written' in 325 AD. Nicaea simply laid down which of the many extant texts and 'books' should be included in the definitive collection. (And in which order, which is important to reading the Old Testament.)
  Here are sources that establish that the Word of God, the Bible is thousands of years old. It was in use by the Jews before the coming of Jesus.

Edited by Cuauhtemoc
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2006 at 04:05
Originally posted by Theophos

Originally posted by Cuauhtemoc

JANISSARIES constituted families? Tell that to the Crying mothers who followed those poor boys as they were taken away calling the names of their stolen sons.

I understand you are most troubled with the devshirme levy system of the Ottoman Turks. As I said earlier, I'm not defending it. It's immoral to our moral standards today. I'm just trying to relativize it historically, because that's the fair thing to do.
I am not troubled by the Janissary tax system, anymore then a normal person ought to be, and I agree with you, it is immoral to our standards of our day. I realize you want to relativise it historically. However, so you will understand what the problem is with your reasoning, the DHIMMI laws are alive and well in Islamic countries NOW! I am sure you mean well, however your reasoning is not realistic as DHIMMI laws were wrong in history, then you must realize they are just as immoral today as implemented in Muslim countries now.  

I just stated that further up the road (a century or two later after the begining of the system, I'm not sure precisely when) the Janissaries constituted family, had businesses in the society and grew up to be one of the most important groups in the Ottoman Empire. This is a fact. Such it was so, that the levy began to be opened to muslim boys as well, as muslim families saw it a way their sons could escalate through society's fabric and gain status and influence in the Palace, next to the sultan and the viziers..
Again I don't think you have really thought this out. Your saying the Janissaries eventually constituted family and had businesses and became one of the most important groups in society? Here is the point, are you suggesting Christians were not mistreated by the Ottomen Turks when the Janissaries reached these heights? Mothers were no longer "crying" when the Janissary tax collectors came around and stole their children, who they would castrate and force to become muslims? Are saying and I think you know better, that Christians were no longer second class citizens, according to DHIMMI laws, when the Janissaries reached such heights?

I mean, if you study a little of ottoman History
In an earlier post you suggested Turkey was a tolerant Muslim country! I have to let you know when I read that, my jaw dropped down with such a startling statement. Again, I don't think you really have thought these things through. Turkey is 99% Muslim. Do you know why they consist of that much of the population? I am sure or hope you do. It was because of genocide of the Arminian Christians! Over 2,000,000 Arminian Christians were eleminated! Arminian Christians did have a thriving community for over 2,000 years and are said to be among the first to embrace the teachings of Jesus. True Turkey likes to represent itself as you represented them in your earlier post, but it is because they cleaned house from 19:15-1918 which resulted in 1,500,000 deaths.

The taxes are immoral according to our moral standards today. It's true. It was wrong. But you mustn't forget that the muslims were invited to get out from Europe in a convert-or-die deal. It's immoral too. All I'm saying is that when we look at the History of these religions in confrontation, we must realize that they both existed side-by-side throughout the ages as well, albeit with religious minorities subject to unfair conditions. They could've just simply waged a war with no end until one side was erased from the face of the Earth.
As I mentioned in my previous post to you, it was the Court of Inquisition that was an immoral court initiated by the Catholic church. The Catholic church obviously is not representative of Christianity and the teachings of CHRIST as it tortured and killed Muslims, Jews and people seeking to follow the NEW TESTAMENT. God and Jesus had nothing to do with such ungodly acts. No spite, just facts pointing out what we both know, The PRINCE of PEACE had no part in the court of Inquisition or in the Crusades as such things are contrary to the teachings of JESUS. Would you say since you do not believe Islam is the truth as you have written in previous posts, that when Catholism, in acting the same way as Islam historically, is NOT the institution established by JESUS? You see one merely has to be reasonable and logical. What you are calling for is moral equivalency. We know a Christian ought NOT to do that. MATTHEW 5:14-16 It was the Catholic church that persecuted the Jews throughout Europe.

All Christian Churches, despite their differences, are representative of Christianity, be it Catholic, Orthodox or Protestant, for they all constitute the Body of Christ, that is, His Church.
I am sure you do not mean this. Think about the contradictory doctrines different denominations have? Some are trinitarian, others r oneness! Some baptise infants, others refuse to do so. Some sprinkle for baptism and others immerse. All reject purgatory. All reject Marion devotion. Some teach once saved always saved, others do not. I am sure you did not mean what you said. Some worship on the first day, others sabbath! Some condemn the papacy? The Orthodox say they are the true and first church and reject the papacy.You see you cannot mean what u said. I just don't think you have thought things out.

The Catholic church is not representative of Christianity today as it continues to contradict the NEW TESTAMENT, and the teachings of JESUS, as it has done in the past. For example BISHOPS are to be MARRIED. 1 TIMOTHY 3:1-7 However as we know bishops in the Roman Catholic church are NOT married, and thus contradicting GOD'S WILL.

Not only the Bishops. All Catholic clergy is to remain celibate. This rule was introduced later in the Middle Ages as a measure against the current promiscuity of priests. It's not dogmatic, and I personally don't agree with it. Perhaps, in the future, it can be revised. To say this institutional measure is against God's will is a tremendous exaggeration..
Please don't miss the point here, GOD'S WORD says bishops must be married and have believing children. 1TIMOTHY 3:1-7 As you know BISHOPS in the CATHOLIC church VIOLATE that PASSAGE and thus GOD'S HOLY WORD. We should not be concerned about manmade clergy or offices that are not in the NEW TESTAMENT. Pope, cardinals, arch-bishops are positions not in the WORD of GOD, the NEW TESTAMENT and therefore those positions are manmade and not GOD made. These positions, pope, cardinals, arch-bishops show us the CATHOLIC church cannot be the organization established by JESUS for HE nor the NEW TESTAMENT mention them.

One other example of contradiction is the Catholic church teaches INFANT BAPTISM, however JESUS the FOUNDER of the CHURCH says one must be be ABLE to BELIEVE before being BAPTISED! MARK 16:15-16.

The liturgy of baptism in the Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Lutheran, Anglican, and Methodist traditions makes clear reference to baptism as not only a symbolic burial and resurrection, but an actual supernatural transformation, one that draws parallels to the experience of Noah and the passage of the Israelites through the Red Sea divided by Moses. Thus baptism is literally and symbolically not only cleansing, but also dying and rising again with Christ. Catholics believe that baptism is necessary for the cleansing of the taint of original sin, and for that reason infant baptism is a common practice. The Orthodox also practice infant baptism on the basis of various texts such as Matthew 19:14 which are interpreted to condone full Church membership for children, and so baptism is immediately followed by Chrismation and Communion at the next Divine Liturgy regardless of age. Anglicans believe that Baptism is also the entry into the Church and therefore allows them access to all rights and responsibilities as full members, including the privilege to receive Holy Communion. Most Anglicans agree that it also cleanses the taint of original sin, though those Anglicans who agree with a more Eastern understanding of original sin think it exactly the same was as the Eastern Orthodox.

As you see my friend, you are arguing against the majority of the Christian world. Perhaps, all of these churches are not representative as well, hun?

My dear friend theophas, do you think, you or I should be concerned about contradicting denominations? As you have made it abundantly clear to me, those denominatiions dare to contradict JESUS! Jesus made it clear, BEFORE one is BAPTISED, they must be able to BELIEVE. MARK 16:15-16 I know I would not want to contradict JESUS! Jesus himself said, WHY call HIM LORD and do NOT do what HE SAID. LUKE 6:46-49 I am sure when you think this out Theophas, you would not want to contradict JESUS either.

[QUOTE]Finally the word POPE is not even in the word of GOD and therefore is a manmade office.

You are a bit misinformed, or you have some misconceptions about the role of the Pope. The Pope is not the word of God. He never was and never will be. Nobody said that and nobody expects that. He represents Christ on Earth (therefore the title Vicar of Christ), he is the successor of the Apostles and heads the whole Church on matters of Faith.
No I am not misinformed about the pope, you did not read what I said about the pope. Please note and read it now carefully. I said and I have dealt with it earlier in this post, the WORD pope IS NOT IN THE NEW TESTAMENT, the WORD of GOD and is thus, as I said the last time, is a manmade office and NOT A GOD MADE OFFICE. Conclusion, the Catholic church cannnot be the church established by JESUS. www.bible.ca
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2006 at 04:27
Are you for real?
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2006 at 08:11

Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

Are you for real?

Good question.

It occurs to me that if the primordial Eve came first, then the Tiwi aborigines of northern Australia got it right, even if they called her Mudungkala and Melville island is an unlikely place for her to have emerged. You can't get everything right. (Before anyone jumps at me, yes, the Navajo, the Iroquois and the Huron and possibly others also believed humanity descended from a 'first woman'.)

The Incas thought the original humans were three brothers and three sisters. Not bad since it's reasonable to assume that the last pre-human couple (the one that had the first 'human' children) probably had more than one.

The Mexicans figured that humanity was created more than once and died out again before re-emerging. Like the Neanderthalers? (In their flood legend, all the people turned into fish: accelerated evolution? After the flood some more people emerged.)

And, of course, so on and so on. Pick your scientific 'fact' and you can find evidence for someone's mythology having anticipated it somewhere.

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2006 at 09:18

Salman Rushdie is not a muslim.

Who says that? As far as I know, there's no Muslim Pope that can excommunicate a Muslim...

Even in the case of Catholic excommunication, the person affected does not necessarily stop being a Christian - he/she may be excluded from the rites and rules of that sect but not from his/her own beliefs.

Maybe he has abandoned Islam, but he was definitively grown in such a cultural context - what makes him as much "Muslim" as I can be "Christian".

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Theophos View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2006 at 11:07

I am sure you mean well, however your reasoning is not realistic as DHIMMI laws were wrong in history, then you must realize they are just as immoral today as implemented in Muslim countries now.

Yes, they are wrong. I think I've already said that a few couple of times. We both agree that the dhimmi laws are wrong, especially nowadays. The countries that still practice them should be forced to revise them in the light of international law. However, concernig the Janissaries' levy, they were part of ottoman (military) policy and not islamic jurisprudence.

Here is the point, are you suggesting Christians were not mistreated by the Ottomen Turks when the Janissaries reached these heights? Mothers were no longer "crying" when the Janissary tax collectors came around and stole their children, who they would castrate and force to become muslims? Are saying and I think you know better, that Christians were no longer second class citizens, according to DHIMMI laws, when the Janissaries reached such heights?

Honestly, I think you have to read better what I wrote about it. I said that the Janissaries grew into a very influential group within the ottoman society and that it became a priviledge to belong to that group. In fact, it became open to muslim subjects as well.  

In an earlier post you suggested Turkey was a tolerant Muslim country! I have to let you know when I read that, my jaw dropped down with such a startling statement.

I hope your jaw is back in place! Listen, I don't know what post are you referring to, but I do remeber saying some brief comment about Turkey previously. As far as I remember, I said it's the only muslim country which is secular, therefore separating religion from state. I'm not denying Turkey's crimes, nor am I acting in behalf of any turkish authority, group or association. Christian subjects were killed and discriminated (namely the Armenian Genocide) especially at the end of the Empire and at the foundation of the modern Republic. Most greek population in Constantinople and in Asia Minor has been unfortunately diminishing throughout the years. I believe that such turkifying policy is wrong and can be criminal at some points. I'm not trying to preach Turkey or anything, for that matter. I just think we shouldn't fall into the trap of demonizing ethnic or religious groups as you seem prone to.

The Catholic church obviously is not representative of Christianity and the teachings of CHRIST as it tortured and killed Muslims, Jews and people seeking to follow the NEW TESTAMENT.

You obviously have a case against Catholicism, so I'm not going to insist on you. Just remeber that the Catholic Church is the institution that contributes the most to charity worldwide and that catholics still make up the biggest branch of christianity today. Perhaps, none of these people represent Christianity and they are all acting against the teachings of Jesus. Please, you're mistaking institutional rules and historical crimes with doctrinal betrayal.

I am sure you do not mean this.

Yes, I mean that. I think that Christian Ecumenism is possible and necessary. Perhaps you don't. All Christian Churches (that are considered christian) abide by the Nicene-Constantinopolitan Creed. Therefore, they all are Trinitarian and they all practice Baptism. Despite differences, the major Belief is and has to be the same. So, in that sense, they all represent the Church, Body of Christ. But I understand you prefer sectarianism amongst christians.

My dear friend theophos, do you think, you or I should be concerned about contradicting denominations? As you have made it abundantly clear to me, those denominatiions dare to contradict JESUS!

Those denominations are the major christian churches! What's the christian church that doesn't contradict Jesus then? None?

I said and I have dealt with it earlier in this post, the WORD pope IS NOT IN THE NEW TESTAMENT, the WORD of GOD and is thus, as I said the last time, is a manmade office and NOT A GOD MADE OFFICE. Conclusion, the Catholic church cannnot be the church established by JESUS

No, but the role can be deduced from it. The word trinity is not found in the NT but the concept is. Therefore, all christian churches are trinitarian. The samething for the role of Jesus as Son of God and God incarnate. Peter, upon whom Jesus found His Church, was the leader of the apostles and he is considered the first Pope. Ideally, the role is to serve the faithful and not otherwise(Servus Servorum Dei). This doesn't mean the Papacy hasn't served other interests in History, but the role can be deduced, as many other things, from the NT.

Edited by Theophos
"I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me."
--John 14:6
Encoberto View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard
Spammer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2006 at 13:16

I would like to ask cuauhtemoc something. Since you believe that the Bible is factual, would you consider that God made the World in seven days and that all animais were made in their final shape instantly?
Quando vir�s, � Encoberto,
Sonho das eras portugu�s,
Tornar-me mais que o sopro incerto
De um grande anseio que Deus fez?
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2006 at 16:47
Originally posted by gcle2003

It occurs to me that if the primordial Eve came first, then the Tiwi aborigines of northern Australia got it right, even if they called her Mudungkala and Melville island is an unlikely place for her to have emerged. You can't get everything right. (Before anyone jumps at me, yes, the Navajo, the Iroquois and the Huron and possibly others also believed humanity descended from a 'first woman'.)
Here are the Navojo, Iroquois, Huron, Inca, Tiwi myth creation stories. I only quoted parts of them as they would make my post quite lengthy, however anyone can read them completely when you do a INTERNET search. I quoted them because we can see that elements in them are not credible, for example humans doing the creating or large populations already in existence, animals creating and talking. Mexican creation story does NOT say humanity came from one pair or woman. In the quote above it suggested the Tiwi is the most credible, the woman disappeared, however it then says humans in the Tiwi myth turned into plants. Genesis actually says Eve is the mother of all the living. Women are mentioned in the myth stories, but the one who made the above quote may not quite understand this symbolism to a native american. Earth is earth mother and that is why the woman falls to the earth in some myths and plants begin to grow from her head or that mud must be brought up to support her. However one cannot take that part and ignore other parts of the myths, for example the earth is on a turtles back, humans turning into plants, animals building the earth, the sun impregnating a women. I AM SURE THE ONE WHO BROUGHT THIS TO OUR ATTENTION IS NOT SAYING THESE CREATION MYTHS ARE CREDIBLE! The bottom line there are many creation myths that are Navajo, Huron, Iroquios, Inca, take your choice. However anyone can open the BIBLE and read GENESIS 1:1 In the beginning GOD created the heavens and earth. Anyone can read that all humanity came from one couple. GENESIS 3:20 Besides many native americans believe the Genesis account in the Bible (consider the article in pre-columbian section, the article on MEXICAN religion, this article has been largely ignored for native americans do not consider the religion credible, I made a response to it). Many like me, a native american, believe the GENESIS account and recognise the many stories the above quote refers to are not credible and we reject them as they obviously contradict science. I realize there may be some that still believe a turtle supports the earth, but I don't know of any. Again,  FACT 1: The Bible, thousands of years old, and it is, said all humans came from one couple! GENESIS 3:20 Thus the Bible, a document believed to be written by God stated a truth! All humans related to one original couple! FACT 2: DNA studies agree with the BIBLE and proves what it has always said! All humans related to original couple Adam and Eve.
Who would have believed humanity came from one women or man before this discovery? The answer is no one! it is interesting since there was a disregarded theory in an ancient book known as the BIBLE that said all humans were decended from one pair and thus they named them Y chromosome "Adam" and Mitochrondia "Eve"! What could they do with this competing theory but give it grudging recognition? Obviously SCIENTISTS recognise which is the more credible account of CREATION! As you must know the theory advanced before this discovery was that humans evolved from different groups and different parts of the world. Who would dare endorse that theory today?                                     
Iroquois

About 1390, today's State of New York became the stronghold of five powerful Indian tribes. They were later joined by another great tribe, the Tuscaroras from the south. Eventually the Iroquois, Mohawks, Oneidas, Onondagas, and Cayugas joined together to form the great Iroquois Nation. In 1715, the Tuscaroras were accepted into the Iroquois Nation.

Long, long ago, one of the Spirits of the Sky World came down and looked at the earth. As he traveled over it, he found it beautiful, and so he created people to live on it. Before returning to the sky, he gave them names, called the people all together, and spoke his parting words:

"To the Mohawks, I give corn," he said. "To the patient Oneidas, I give the nuts and the fruit of many trees. To the industrious Senecas, I give beans. To the friendly Cayugas, I give the roots of plants to be eaten. To the wise and eloquent Onondagas, I give grapes and squashes to eat and tobacco to smoke at the camp fires."

Many other things he told the new people. Then he wrapped himself in a bright cloud and went like a swift arrow to the Sun. There his return caused his Brother Sky Spirits to rejoice.

Huron

In the beginning there was only one water and the water animals that lived in it. Then a woman fell from a torn place in the sky. She was a divine woman, full of power. Two loons flying over the water saw her falling. They flew under her, close together, making a pillow for her to sit on. The loons held her up and cried for help. They could be heard for a long way as they called for other animals to come. The snapping turtle called all the other animals to aid in saving the divine woman's life. The animals decided the woman needed earth to live on. Turtle said, "Dive down in the water and bring up some earth." So they did that, those animals. A beaver went down. A muskrat went down. Others stayed down too long, and they died. Each time, Turtle looked inside their mouths when they came up, but there was no earth to be found. Toad went under the water. He stayed too long, and he nearly died. But when Turtle looked inside Toad's mouth, he found a little earth. The woman took it and put it all around on Turtle's shell. That was the start of the earth. Dry land grew until it formed a country, then another country, and all the earth.. To this day, Turtle holds up the earth.

The Navajo Creation Story

Changing Woman grew up around El Huerfano Mesa (Dzil Naoodilii), in northern New Mexico. She married the Sun and bore two son, twins, and heroes to the Navajo people. They were known as "Monster Slayer" and "Child-Born-of-Water". The twins traveled to their father the Sun who gave them weapons of lighting bolts to fight the dreaded monsters. Every place the Hero Twins killed a monster it turned to stone. An example of this is the lave flows near Mt. Taylor in New Mexico, believed to be the blood from the death of Yeiitsoh, or the "Monster who Sucked in People". All of the angular rock formations on the reservation, such as the immense Black Mesa (Dzil Yjiin), are seen as the turned-to-stone bodies of the monsters.

With all of the monsters dead, the Navajo deities, or "Holy People", turned their attention to the making of the four original clans. Kiiyaa aanii, or Tall House People.          ; ; ; ; ; ;           ; ; ; ; ; ;           ; ; ; ; ; ;   

Inca creation story.

A long time ago all of the people lived in misery in the harsh climate. The reason it was so hard was because they didn't know how to build houses. But whenever they found shelter they took it. Usually the shelter would be under a rocky overhang from a cave, but it didn't save them from the cold winds and the wild animals.

Since none of the people knew anything about cultivating plants, their main foods were wild leaves, fruits and roots from trees. The people didn't know how to start a fire so they ate all of their food raw.

None of the people knew about laws or of a way to live in peace with one another. Even parents and their young could not live together in harmony. Only one being felt sorry for them and that was Father Sun.

Father Sun realized that the lives of these poor humans were not improving. But he knew that he could not leave his place in the great sky to go down to earth and help these humans create a suitable home. Since he could not leave he decided to send his son Manco Capac and his daughter Mama Ocllo, the children of the Sun.

Father Sun instructed them to look down upon the humans. In disbelief Mama Ocllo said " They have little knowledge in those big heads of theirs. And they are not confident in themselves so they think they can't make their lives better. " Manco Capac said " They seem just a little bit better than animals and that is not how it should be."

Father Sun gave his children a golden rod and said, "I wish for you to go down to the Earth and find a place where this golden rod will sink and where it sinks that is where we should build a villlage. You, Manco Capac my son shall rule as their king, the Inca. You, Mama Ocllo my daughter shall rule as the queen, the Coya

."Tiwi Creation Stories"

Mudungkala, an old blind woman arose from the ground at Murupianga in the south east of Melville Island. Clasping her three infants to her breast and crawling on her knees she travelled slowly north. The fresh water that bubbled up in the track she made became the tideways of the Clarence and Dundas Straits, dividing the two islands from the mainland.

She made her way slowly around the land mass and then, deciding it was too large, created the Aspley Strait, which divides the Islands. Mudungkala then decreed that the bare islands be covered with vegetation and inhabited with animals so that her three children left behind would have food. After the Islands were made habitable she vanished. Nobody knows from where she came or, having completed her work, where she disappeared to.

The death of Jinani brought the creation period to a close. This event was marked by the first Pukumani burial ceremony. Tokampini, the father of Bima called all the original creators, men and women, to the ceremony. These mythical beings were taught the rules of behaviour and the laws of marriage and tribal relationships that had always to be obeyed. Then the periods of light and darkness were established, determining the cycle of daily events. The creators transformed themselves into various creatures, plants, animals, natural forces or heavenly bodies - and spread across the islands. They are the Tiwi totems or skin groups..

These creation myths speak for themselves. Again I am sure no one would say these are credible. Again scientist most interestingly named their discovery MITOCHONDDRIA EVE and Y CHROMOSOME ADAM. Remember the WORDS of JESUS, JOHN 8:32 the truth will set you free.

Edited by Cuauhtemoc
R_AK47 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2006 at 16:58

Originally posted by Encoberto

I would like to ask cuauhtemoc something. Since you believe that the Bible is factual, would you consider that God made the World in seven days and that all animais were made in their final shape instantly?

Where did you come up with this idea that the animals were made in their final shape instantly?  I don't think the Bible specificaly states that.  As far as the world being made in seven days, yes it does say that.  However, another passage (can't remember the exact one) says that one day to God is like 1000 years to us.  That implies that when they say that God made the world in seven days that it was actually several thousand years or more.

Encoberto View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard
Spammer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2006 at 17:47
Quote from cuaohtemoc Again,  FACT 1: The Bible, thousands of years old, and it is, said all humans came from one couple! GENESIS 3:20 Thus the Bible, a document believed to be written by God stated a truth! All humans related to one original couple! FACT 2: DNA studies agree with the BIBLE and proves what it has always said! All humans related to original couple Adam and Eve. End of quote

I must say that opinion is still divided on the subject. Although most scientists have discarded the multi-region hypothesis, many are still to be convinced by the mitochondrial Eve hypothesis. Still, it is the most reasonable explanation to date.

But still that original couple isnt believed to have been made instantaneously. By the contrary it is believed to have evolved from other species, namely Homo Erectus. And that, I believe, is not mentioned in the Bible. By the contrary, evolutionary theories were almost considered heretic for their content when they were published in the XIX century.

My point is: although it might be true that all humans have all evolved from two individuals ("Adam" and "Eve"), it is also very likely that those two individuals descended from some other species.

Edited by Encoberto
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2006 at 17:48

Hi Encoberto, yes I believe that the world was created in 7 literal days. Its no problem for GOD to do that. I also believe that animals were made into there final shape completely.  Here is a quote from  GENESIS 1, in the Bible, the WORD of GOD.

20 And God said, Let the waters swarm with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the heavens. 21 So God created the great sea creatures and every living creature that moves, with which the waters swarm, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful and multiply and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth. 23 And there was evening and there was morning, the fifth day.

24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth living creatures according to their kinds—livestock and creeping things and beasts of the earth according to their kinds. And it was so. 25 And God made the beasts of the earth according to their kinds and the livestock according to their kinds, and everything that creeps on the ground according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 

I am glad you asked as we can reason together. First, the common question, what came first, the chicken or the egg? Really not a difficult question, for any farmer can give you and I the answer. No egg ever hatched without a chicken SITTING on it! Thus WE know the chicken came first just as stated in the GENESIS account of GOD'S creation. To say otherwise is not reasonable.  Also Encoberto in science what we see in the world is MICRO-EVOLUTION. Micro evolution is changes within kinds. That is why we have so many types of dogs, cats, horses, cows, pigeons ect. As amazing as it is a Great Dane and a Chihuahua are dogs and could be mated but size would be the problem there!The theory of evolution demands MACRO-EVOLUTION and that type of evolution has never been seen in history or occured in history! Now WE both know they say there is not enough time for MACRO-EVOLUTION to take place or be observed, however I consider this statement not credible at all.

Edited by Cuauhtemoc
Encoberto View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard
Spammer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2006 at 18:02
Originally posted by R_AK47

Where did you come up with this idea that the animals were made in their final shape instantly?  I don't think the Bible specificaly states that.  As far as the world being made in seven days, yes it does say that.  However, another passage (can't remember the exact one) says that one day to God is like 1000 years to us.  That implies that when they say that God made the world in seven days that it was actually several thousand years or more.

Well, I believe that it is explicitly stated that God created all life in their final form, although I could be mistaken.

As to the seven days affair, even if one human day is equivalent to 1000 Gods days, it would only take 7000 years to create all life form. Anyway, my point is that the Bible is not to be taken as a literal history book. Somethings might be true, some might be merely metaphorical. In other words, when it is said that God created  the world in seven days, it is to be understood as a demonstration of His power and omnipotence not as a literal interpretation.
Encoberto View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard
Spammer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2006 at 18:17

Hi Encoberto, yes I believe that the world was created in 7 literal days. Its no problem for GOD to do that. I also believe that animals were made into there final shape completely.  Here is a quote from  GENESIS 1, in the Bible, the WORD of GOD.

Cuahtemoc, I respect your beliefs but I must say thats not what science has discovered so far. In fact, what modern biology believes is that all life evolved from a more basic life form, like for example, mammals are supposed to have evolved from reptiles. And it seems to me that they have pretty good evidence for it.

Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2006 at 18:21

Cuahtemoc, I respect your beliefs but I must say thats not what science has discovered so far. In fact, what modern biology believes is that all life evolved from a more basic life form, like for example, mammals are supposed to have evolved from reptiles. And it seems to me that they have pretty good evidence for it.

Please respond to these points as I am glad you asked as we can reason together. FIRST, the common question, what came first, the chicken or the egg? Really not a difficult question, for any farmer can give you and I the answer. No egg ever hatched without a chicken SITTING on it! Thus WE know the chicken came first just as stated in the GENESIS account of GOD'S creation. To say otherwise is not reasonable. SECOND, Encoberto in science what we see in the world is MICRO-EVOLUTION. Micro evolution is changes within kinds. That is why we have so many types of dogs, cats, horses, cows, pigeons ect. As amazing as it is a Great Dane and a Chihuahua are dogs and could be mated but size would be the problem there!The theory of evolution demands MACRO-EVOLUTION and that type of evolution has never been seen in history or occured in history! THIRDLY, WE both know they say there is not enough time for MACRO-EVOLUTION to take place or be observed, however I consider this statement not credible.

Edited by Cuauhtemoc
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2006 at 18:25
the thing is (Encoberto & Cuauhtemoc) that when it is said that the world was created in 7 days, it doesn't really mean 7 actual days, but rather 7 'periods'.

You do know that we have some different versions of Bible. your bible might be different with the one I have.
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
Encoberto View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard
Spammer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2006 at 18:31

I am glad you asked as we can reason together. First, the common question, what came first, the chicken or the egg? Really not a difficult question, for any farmer can give you and I the answer. No egg ever hatched without a chicken SITTING on it! Thus WE know the chicken came first just as stated in the GENESIS account of GOD'S creation. To say otherwise is not reasonable.  Also Encoberto in science what we see in the world is MICRO-EVOLUTION. Micro evolution is changes within kinds. That is why we have so many types of dogs, cats, horses, cows, pigeons ect. As amazing as it is a Great Dane and a Chihuahua are dogs and could be mated but size would be the problem there!The theory of evolution demands MACRO-EVOLUTION and that type of evolution has never been seen in history or occured in history! Now WE both know they say there is not enough time for MACRO-EVOLUTION to take place or be observed, however I consider this statement not credible at all.

Although it is true that scientists have been having problems explaining evolutions speed, there are some considerable amount of evidence that seem to corroborate evolutiony thoery, namely:

1) Morphological similarities between certain species. For example, we Homo Sapiens Sapiens have a lot of similiarities with ancient species that have disappeared, like Homo habilis and Homo Erectus. Whats more, the more temporally close those species are to us, the bigger the similarity: Homo Erectus (+/- 1.5 millions years old) is definitely more similar to us than Homo Habilis (2 millions years old).

2) DNA studies seem to confirm some notion of "family" between our species and other, namely Chimpanzees. As far as I know, Chimpanzees seem to share a lot of our DNA compared to, lets say, Gorillas.

Once again, I dont mean to offen you in some way, but simply wish to throw some facts to the discussion
Encoberto View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard
Spammer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2006 at 18:35
Originally posted by ramin

the thing is (Encoberto & Cuauhtemoc) that when it is said that the world was created in 7 days, it doesn't really mean 7 actual days, but rather 7 'periods'.

You do know that we have some different versions of Bible. your bible might be different with the one I have.

Yes, as I said, it is not to be interpreted literally. I think that even the Catholic Church says that it shouldnt be taken literally.
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2006 at 19:13

Although it is true that scientists have been having problems explaining evolutions speed, there are some considerable amount of evidence that seem to corroborate evolutiony thoery, namely:

1) Morphological similarities between certain species. For example, we Homo Sapiens Sapiens have a lot of similiarities with ancient species that have disappeared, like Homo habilis and Homo Erectus. Whats more, the more temporally close those species are to us, the bigger the similarity: Homo Erectus (+/- 1.5 millions years old) is definitely more similar to us than Homo Habilis (2 millions years old).

2) DNA studies seem to confirm some notion of "family" between our species and other, namely Chimpanzees. As far as I know, Chimpanzees seem to share a lot of our DNA compared to, lets say, Gorillas.
The posts have been referring to DNA studies and this strand have been made aware the discoveries related to humans. Prior to DNA being mentioned some incredible statements were being made. However WE both know they say there is not enough time for MACRO-EVOLUTION to take place or be observed, however I consider this statement not credible. Evolution is theoritical and MACRO EVOLUTION has never occured.

The point I am making, for this study to be credible that humans and chimps have a "connection", it is assumed MACRO evolution has occured.  Macro evolution is assumed to have occured in this study. However MICRO EVOLUTION or changes within kinds have only been observed. Macro evolution has not been observed. as we are told time does not allow for it. The fossil record does not help MACRO EVOLUTION and in fact has created many problems for MACRO EVOLUTION, for instead of finding transitional links, we find completely formed organism that appeared abruptly. Because this is the case, some evolutionists have proposed PUNCTUATED EQUILIBRIUM, which are dramatic jumps from one type of animal to another. An example of this simply to get a picture of what this means, a dinosuar layed an egg and a bird hatched out! Is this proposed because evidence supports punctuated equilibrium? No, but the lack of support from the fossil record for evolution has caused this idea to be proposed though there is no evidence to support punctuated equilibrium. Why propose this, NO EVIDENCE in the FOSSIL record to support the theory of MACRO EVOLUTION. Evolution is a THEORY and no more then that. Why, it can't be observed? Thus evolution is not emperical since it cannot be tested or observed. Evolution does not happen, it is not seen and the fossil record does not support gradual change.

Edited by Cuauhtemoc
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2006 at 19:56
Originally posted by Maju

Salman Rushdie is not a muslim.

Who says that? As far as I know, there's no Muslim Pope that can excommunicate a Muslim...

Even in the case of Catholic excommunication, the person affected does not necessarily stop being a Christian - he/she may be excluded from the rites and rules of that sect but not from his/her own beliefs.

Maybe he has abandoned Islam, but he was definitively grown in such a cultural context - what makes him as much "Muslim" as I can be "Christian".

Yep, if Rushdie's a muslim, then you can be a christian.

To be a muslim you have to accept there is only one God and muhammad is his messenger. This also means you accept the Qu'ran as the word of God. Which Rushdie doesn't. If you've got that, regardless of what else you do/don't do your a muslim.

Again,  FACT 1: The Bible, thousands of years old, and it is, said all humans came from one couple! GENESIS 3:20 Thus the Bible, a document believed to be written by God stated a truth!

Just because its old doesn't mean its right. Hinduism is older, why don't you become a Hindu?

When your talking about the creation of the universe, a day is a pretty stupid measurement.
How long did it take to make the earth?
oh, 6 of its rotations.
But it wasn't there to rotate.
To Hell with you!

Originally posted by CrazyAztecFella

First, the common question, what came first, the chicken or the egg?

The Fish!
Originally posted by AndAgain

Really not a difficult question, for any farmer can give you and I the answer. No egg ever hatched without a chicken SITTING on it!

WRONG! My Neighbours hatched chickens by getting a duck to sit on it.
Originally posted by AndAgain

Thus WE know the chicken came first just as stated in the GENESIS account of GOD'S creation.

Ah, but what if God created the egg first and kept it warm using the break down of organic material. Oh wait (slaps head) your God doesn't use science does he! My mistake.

THIRDLY, WE both know they say there is not enough time for MACRO-EVOLUTION to take place or be observed, however I consider this statement not credible.

Sorry thats my fault, I've been hiding all the time under my mattress.
Originally posted by Guess who?

Evolution is a THEORY and no more then that.

So is gravity
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>