Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Icelanders are going

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Icelanders are going
    Posted: 04-May-2006 at 16:45

and now something very joyful..

Iceland leads OECD in labor disputes
Icelandic National Broadcasting Service, RV, reports that Iceland has the most difficult labor relations of the OECD.

Iceland measures with considerably more working days lost to labor disputes than any other OECD country.

On average, in the OECD countries, 50 days are lost per every 1000 employees, every year. In Iceland, however, 581 days are lost per every 1000 employees annually. In second place is Spain, with 200 days lost per 1000 employees each year.

RV cites the British weekly The Economist saying that this number corresponds to every employed person in Iceland being on strike for two days each year.
...and that's my earning

Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2006 at 16:45

we might be giants, but nature shows how tiny we are !!!*

* ulrichson 05.05.06 20.34pm

see you ,have a nice weekend !!!

Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2006 at 17:24

for spartacus and oll others ,who have enough of mine....i admit ,a hard day at work...excuse me..now i chill out..and want to appease you all with a lovely pic of my country....

good night to the earth... and may the best man win,hahaha

donce le peon (or how is his name ?)

Edited by ulrich von hutten

Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 16:52

to hell with all nimrods........

tonight a pic of the icelandic hellfire...

but even to these ninnies , sleep well ,for the wisdom might give

you a first craven kiss on your buttock.....

Edited by ulrich von hutten - 29-May-2006 at 17:35

Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2006 at 17:28
power posting makes tired......but i will be back soon, with new energy..so taverne be alert.....
good night to all my friends, even if they are living in new orc.....

Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2006 at 17:37
Que??!?!?!
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2006 at 15:50
not really, but due the summer my forum activities are very reduced. did anyone miss me ?  we have about 17C., that's the icelandic summer. this is for us like for west -europeans about  30C. so what are you doing on hot summer nights ? the sun doesn't really go down...
please , if anyone wants to travel to iceland..do it now.....

Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2006 at 18:13
I'd give anything for 17C right now...It's 31C here....
Man I hate summer.

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2006 at 16:03

hello again. after i had spared you  for nearly 3 months with all this essential news of iceland , i like to renew this old tradition.

the summer has come to end ; the temperature has now  reached a level ,where nearly every bright greek would have claimed his government for demages.
the summer , which had stoped by for whole 5 days on iceland.
the summer , where every normal human being would have switched on the heater, while our neighbor kids used the pool without out getting any frostbite.
ok ,some pics of this summer.....

and before you will go to bed ,for example rider, after getting craped on by his mum, here a very,very important news......

Baejarins beztu pylsur, a hot dog stand located near the Reykjavk Harbor, has been named one of the five best food stalls in Europe by Britains Guardian newspaper. This is reported in Frttabladid today.

Virtually a national institution, Baejarins beztu pylsur (Citys Best Hot Dogs) truly does live up to its name and is commonly recognized as serving Icelands best hot dogs. According to the Guardian report, every single Icelander is thought to have eaten there at least once. It is also popular with tourists and celebrities, with even Bill Clinton making a stop there during a visit to Iceland in 2004.

The Guardian reckons the special recipe for the remouladi sauce used on the dogs makes all the difference, whereas Icelanders believe it to have something to do the water in which the dogs are soaked. Icelandic hot dogs have a distinct and mild flavor as compared to their foreign counterparts, as they are made with lamb instead of pork.

and not a big surprise , i do love hot-dogs , danish style from Baejarins.
Have to go , ponce had obvious knocked off....bye..

Edited by ulrich von hutten - 23-Aug-2006 at 16:50

Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2006 at 14:34
nearly everyone is welcome on iceland, even me.the comunity of people from different other countries has grown up in the last year....

Foreign worker numbers up by 265 percent in seven years

Just over 9,000 foreign citizens were at work on the Icelandic labor market last year, according to Statistics Iceland. This number is up by 5,610 from 1998, when 3,400 foreign citizens were working in Iceland. Morgunbladid and VSIR online report.

Women exceeded men in number at the beginning of the period; they were 1,870 in 1998, as opposed to 1,530 men. Last year, the number of male workers was 5,350 in contrast to 3,650 women.

Outside the Greater Reykjavk Area, most foreign nationals work in east Iceland, presumably in connection with the Krahnjkavirkjun dam project or the construction of the aluminum smelter in Reydarfjrdur. In 2005 there were 4,420 foreign nationals working in the Reykjavk area, and 4,340 outside of Reykjavk.

In 2005, the majority of foreigners working in Iceland were Polish nationals, or 1,970. This was followed by Danish, Filipino, Portuguese and German nationals, with just over 500 from each country.

The only big challenge for aliens is to read the weird traffic signs....

Dear Sir View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Dear Sir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 01:13
Originally posted by ulrich von hutten

nearly everyone is welcome on iceland, even me.the comunity of people from different other countries has grown up in the last year....

Am I welcome too Ulrich Smile.

Won't mind learning the language if the teacher is beautiful Wink.

What's the process for getting a work permit for Ireland.I mean a manual labour work permit.How much would I get paid.Hope you don't eat dog meat in Ireland Wink.

Edited by Dear Sir - 12-Sep-2006 at 01:15
AHAM BRAHMASMI
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 01:29
For us in Mumbai 20 degrees C is chilling. I wonder whether we would survive in your winter !
PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 02:58
Your landscape looks beautiful.
Although 17 degrees is a mid-winter day here. I don't think I could survive a European Winter let alone a Icelandic one.

Originally posted by Aelfgifu

I'd give anything for 17C right now...It's 31C here....
Man I hate summer.

I'll swap you?

Edited by Omar al Hashim - 12-Sep-2006 at 02:58
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 05:18
Actually the heatwave ended a mont ago. It is a quite nice 25 here now (after a month of heavy rain). Sorry, wouldnt want to live in Australia. Too many spiders/snakes/other things that bite. And no medieval buildings. I need those, you know.

btw. I am sooo jealous of your avatar. I've got the art of discworld book. It rocks.

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 05:57
Actually the heatwave ended a mont ago. It is a quite nice 25 here now (after a month of heavy rain). Sorry, wouldnt want to live in Australia. Too many spiders/snakes/other things that bite. And no medieval buildings. I need those, you know.

It must've been about 25 here too today. And we had rain last week (a whole 5mm! Thats the most rain we've had in months. Big smile). There aren't really that many things that bite, and for wasps and bees, the native varieties are virtually harmless compared to the European ones. The lack of medieval buildings is certainly a disadvantage. We have 10,000 year old rock paintings, and 20,000 year old foot prints, but they don't really compare.

btw. I am sooo jealous of your avatar. I've got the art of discworld book. It rocks.

I love the discworld books, I just changed my quote to match my avatar too. I have to say that my avatar is inspired by gcle's.
I googled around to find a good picture, when I couldn't find a good one of Susan (she is far better looking in my imagination Embarrassed) I went for Vetinari.

Edited by Omar al Hashim - 12-Sep-2006 at 06:00
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 06:30
I just got a great message! Thud arrived in paperback. Gonna get it today!! YES.

Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 13:22
Originally posted by Dear Sir

Originally posted by ulrich von hutten

Am I welcome too Ulrich Smile.

Won't mind learning the language if the teacher is beautiful Wink.

What's the process for getting a work permit for Ireland.I mean a manual labour work permit.How much would I get paid.Hope you don't eat dog meat in Ireland Wink.

the teacher is ok, but hope she wouldn't go wrong, cause I'm from ICELAND not ireland !!!!!!!!Ouch

Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 13:40
today ,it was about 11C. ,rainy..
if you wantto see it live,look...:http://analyzer.vista.is/netcam/
there is winter in other parts of the world as well see:http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7280&KW=snow

Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 13:50

Beautiful pictures Ulrich.

I'm just wondering about the map - it looks like it a roadmap covering all of Iceland.

If thats the case, Garmin or TomTom wont sell too many GPS Navigators in Iceland Wink

Edited by Northman - 12-Sep-2006 at 13:52
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2006 at 15:23
as i said already, everyone is welcome, not even welcome but in great demand, see why...

Unemployment continues to drop
Unemployment in Iceland measured 1.2 percent in August, which is a substantial drop both from the previous month and from the same time last year. Unemployment is likely to drop even further in September, Morgunbladid online reports.

Just short of 45,000 unemployment days were recorded in Iceland in August, which is equivalent to an average of 1,950 people being registered as unemployed. This is an 11 percent decrease from July, and 31 percent decrease from August last year, when unemployment measured 1.8 percent.

Many employers report serious difficulties in finding staff, and some are offering current employees handsome bonuses if they bring in additional workers. This trend is most evident in supermarkets and traditional nursing or care professions.

but if you decide to come, please notice this, as well..

Budget supermarkets in Iceland have raised food prices considerably since January, in many instances by 10-20 percent. At the same time the price index for comestibles has gone up by 6.4 percent. This is revealed in a comparison study conducted by the Icelandic Federation of Labour (IFL) and reported by Morgunbladid online.

In a press release, the IFL states that there has been a notable increase in the price of dairy products. The price for bread and grains has also gone up, whereas the price of fruit and vegetables tends to rise and fall according to the season. The IFL speculates further that the cause of these considerable price increases is that budget supermarkets are trying to make up for a loss they incurred last year when there was a major price war between chains. Also, it is pointed out that the prices cannot be explained exclusively through the falling rate of the Icelandic krona, since some of the comestibles that have gone up in price are produced domestically.
if you will arrive by plane this will be your first sight....

kevlavik from above
and it's airport

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>