Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Icelanders are going

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Icelanders are going
    Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 17:26
in fact.... to bed now. good night from reykjavik to everyone

flyingzone View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote flyingzone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 23:20
Beautiful. But kinda melancholic ... I guess that's Iceland
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 13:03
Great full moon shot! Howl!!!!
"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
Guten Tag View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Guten Tag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 16:44
Good Night Ulrich.Sweet dreams.
Read my post,not the Signature.
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2006 at 17:23
another night , time to support the idea  of free dreams. good night to everybody on this planet , and treat everybody with respect, except yourself.

Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2006 at 17:58
Ulrich, you can dream, If it doesn't take some Cartoons
TheOrcRemix View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote TheOrcRemix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2006 at 00:50
is it true about the hotel made of ice?
True peace is not the absence of tension, but the presence of justice.
Sir Francis Drake is the REAL Pirate of the Caribbean
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2006 at 01:41
Originally posted by TheOrcRemix

is it true about the hotel made of ice?

it is true. but this idea was realised the first time in finnland ,i think. now , you can find such hotels in canada,sweden and iceland as well. it started as a fun , but as you may know , rich and crazy people have to try out everything. i don't know what's funny in sleeping on icebeds covered with furs and sleeping bags and having a temperature of + 2 C . another reason i don't like it ,is the one you have to rebuild it every year.

Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2006 at 19:02
That's awsome.
Samo Sloga Srbina Spasava
Only Unity Can Save the Serb
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2006 at 20:16
Can you turn the heater on in your room in the ice hotel? Or would this be a very bad idea?
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2006 at 20:44
Iceland looks beautiful!! What are the wild areas like? Do you have polar bears?
Few trees though!
Do they need English teachers EFL in Iceland?
How is the X-country skiing there?
I imagine it is colder there than even on the east side of Washington State but man would I miss the trees. I love the architecture of your city!!!
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2006 at 16:39
Originally posted by eaglecap

Iceland looks beautiful!! What are the wild areas like? Do you have polar bears?
Few trees though!
I imagine it is colder there than even on the east side of Washington State but man would I miss the trees. I love the architecture of your city!!!

very rarely polar bears come to iceland on the drift ice. but whenever  bears want to immigrate to our lovely island ,hunters will make them a quickly end, how sad. usualy immigrants will not be shot down ,so you can  come to iceland and make your luck. you can make exciting ski-tours at the great  mountain area and if you love alpine skiing as well. this winter is not very cold ,but the last days we had temperatures about -6 C. ok ,trees you will miss ,like we don't have railways on iceland . but we have friendly and hospitably people here.

ops, i forget , god night to every one , i hope i will see you again in peace and harmony ( or go to hell )

Edited by ulrich von hutten

eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2006 at 20:26
Originally posted by ulrich von hutten

Originally posted by eaglecap

Few trees though!
I imagine it is colder there than even on the east side of
Washington State but man would I miss the trees. I love the
architecture of your city!!!

very rarely polar bears come to iceland on the drift ice. but
whenever bears want to immigrate to our lovely island ,hunters
will make them a quickly end, how sad. usualy immigrants will not be
shot down ,so you can come to iceland and make your luck. you can
make exciting ski-tours at the great mountain area and if you
love alpine skiing as well. this winter is not very cold ,but the last
days we had temperatures about -6� C. ok ,trees you will miss ,like we
don't have railways on iceland . but we have friendly and hospitably
people here.

ops, i forget , god night to every one , i hope i will see you again in peace and harmony ( or go to hell )

I love bears from a distance!!
We have black bears (lots of them) and grizzly bears (rare) in our forests. I know that polar bears are stricly meat eater and far more dangerous to humans that the before mentioned bears. I sometimes bring a gun but most of the time I bring pepper spray for bears, by theory it is suppose to work. Maybe a smaller black bear but not a grizzly.
Hey in Iceland is there a big market for English?
I really love the pictures here and it would be fun to stay there for a year.
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2006 at 16:50
it's enough for today ,my warm bed is waiting but before another impression of iceland at wintertimes with so many dark nights which lasts about 16 hours a day.

Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2006 at 15:43

Icelanders dream differently
Icelandic National Broadcasting Service, RV, reports on the research of a Dutch anthropologist, Adrienne Heijnen.

In Iceland dreams are thought to contain messages and predict the future, but in central-Europe, they are thought to reflect the psychological condition of people.

Heijnen conducted her doctoral research on Icelandic dreams at the University of Aarhus in Denmark. She interviewed 150 Icelanders about their dreams, aged three to ninety and living in Reykjavk and in the rural south.

Heijnen presented her results at a lecture in rnastofnun (The rni Magnsson Institute). Dreams are interpreted differently in Iceland than in central-Europe, she said. In their dreams, Icelanders are frequently visited by the deceased, she said, and the dreams have a "social context". In central-Europe, they are thought to reflect the psychological condition of the people who experience them.

i found that in a newspaper. they interviewed kids of three about there dreams ? my little doughter would tell them some crazy stories about blue elephantes ,i suppose.
visit of deseased ? rarely ,only sometime of leif eriksson ,who told ,he better wouldn't had discovered america ,cause of the aftermath of this ! and sometimes maradonna ,but this guy's still living ,a surprise as well.

Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2006 at 17:13
the time has come ,again ,to say good night to everyone. i'm curious who will appear in my dreams this night (see above) .

Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2006 at 15:59

Record temperatures in February

Reykjavk experienced the warmest February since 1965 last month, reports daily Morgunbladid. The average temperature in the capital measured 3.3 degrees -- 2.9 degrees above average February temperatures.

According to the Icelandic Meteorological Office, it was the fourth warmest February since 1866 when meteorological measurements started. 1932 and 1965 (i can't even remember )saw substantially higher temperatures. In 1964, it was just a little warmer and in 1929 the temperature was approximately the same as this year.

Precipitation was also above average in southern and western Iceland last month, measuring 87mm, 20% over average precipitation.

The sun shone for 58 hours in Reykjavk last month, six hours above average.

The lowest February temperatures this year were at the glacier Brarjkull, - 25.8 degrees, while Seydisfjrdur experienced the highest temperatures, 16.2 degrees.

the global warming or only a snap-shot of the eternity ?

Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2006 at 16:46

i watched tv today ,saw that there was heavy snow in the southern parts of germany during the last three days. i hope our friend temujin has a rescue-tank in his garage. so ,this snow that actually belongs to us ,we hadn't much this winter . i myself , looking forward to hard-work week ,have to go to bed now. it was another comfortable weekend with your attendance.

gda ntt to the world

Edited by ulrich von hutten

Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2006 at 16:59
god night to all turkeys !! i forget

Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2006 at 17:30

very beautiful

At last, Icelander is coming or Going?????????
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>