Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Karabakh

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
armenica View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote armenica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Karabakh
    Posted: 20-Feb-2006 at 07:32
"Azerbaijan" did not exist before 1920. The majority of the people in the Caspian Peninsula were Tatars (or Tartars). The Albanians (or as Armenians called them, the "Aghvan") were assimilated by the Turkic people were these tribes started to move into the Armenian highland. The Muslim leaders of Transcaucasia chose the name "Azerbaijan" in the hope that they could some day also make claims to the actual "Azerbaijan" which had always been a integral part of the Persian domain (present east and west Azerbaijani provinces in Iran).

Karabakh (or "Artsakh" as Armenians call it) was actually the last semi-independent area with Armenian rule (within the Persian kingdom):

"These five principalities in Karabakh were ruled by Armenian families who had received the title Melik (prince) and were the following: the principality of Gulistan, under the leadership of the Melik Biglarian family, the principality of Djrabert under the leadership of the Melik Israelian family, the principality of Khatchen, under the leadership of the Hassan Djalalian family, the principality of Varanda, under the leadership of the Melik Shahnazarian and finally, the principality of Tizk, under the leadership of the Melik Avanian family. /37/

37) Raffi, The History of Karabagh's Meliks, Vienna, 1906, in Armenian

http://www.armenica.org/cgi-bin/history/en/getHistory.cgi? 7=1=180=999=biglari=9=3=A

Edited by armenica
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2006 at 23:27

That is what u were told in Armenian high schools

Do u wanna me post Khojali-then u will shame to say a word about armenian 1915 massacre buddy

Karabakh was always belonged Turks, after Shirvanshahlar and Karakoyunlu states, Armenia was nothing during that times, it's great times was behind my friend, open your eyes, then came akkoyunlu, then timuri, then safavid, then russians

ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2006 at 23:49
Originally posted by Taleyran01

Karabakh was always belonged Turks

At the peak of Azeri population in Karabagh, they still only constituted 23% of the population of the province (1988).

then timuri, then safavid, then russians

Timur wasn't an Azeri, and the Safavids were an Iranian Empire. What do Russians have to do with Turks/Azeris?

Do u wanna me post Khojali-then u will shame to say a word about armenian 1915 massacre buddy

If you want to discuss Khojali, theres already a thread for it. I fail to see what that has to do with Azeris having a claim to Karabagh, though.
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Artaxiad View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Artaxiad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2006 at 23:57

There are other threads about Khojali. Search is your best friend!

Karabakh was always belonged Turks, after Shirvanshahlar and Karakoyunlu states, Armenia was nothing during that times, it's great times was behind my friend, open your eyes, then came akkoyunlu, then timuri, then safavid, then russians

In my books, history doesn't start in the 1300s.

mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 00:13
welcome to AE Taleyran01

besides that, I dont think any of the Armenians here went to an Armenian high school

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 00:14

From beginning 11th century there was not a single Armenian government were built in Karabakh, unless, those 23 % (in your sources) Turks (but not Azeris) and  Armenians living there were under the rule of Turkish states +Timurid, which was a turk himself-I don not even wanna him to be Azeri, He is already Turk

Show me Other threds, give me link that, we massacred u in Khojaly-

U're right, but we came to Azerbaijan in late 6-7th, and then rose there after 11th

I guess u know that, I dont care if u do accept or not

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 00:14

any school in there

mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 00:18

any school in there

huh?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 00:20

any school that u guys go there in the place of High School

Or maybe u dont go to school at all

mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 00:23
I go to an American school

and do you mean to tell me there was a country called Azerbaijan before 1900s?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 00:25

no, there was not any country before 1900 that was called Azerbaijan

It is not the name of the nation, u know probably, it is the name of place, which, some scientists say, comes from Atropatena-Which was not a turkish

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 00:35

From beginning 11th century there was not a single Armenian government were built in Karabakh, unless, those 23 % (in your sources) Turks (but not Azeris) and  Armenians living there were under the rule of Turkish states +Timurid, which was a turk himself-I don not even wanna him to be Azeri, He is already Turk

If we use your logic, the Byzantine Empire was an Armenian Empire (many Byzantine emperors were Armenian), and therefore Greece and Turkey should belong to Armenia. Obviously this method of thinking about things is not correct.

U're right, but we came to Azerbaijan in late 6-7th, and then rose there after 11th

That was in northern Iran, not Caucasia or Karabagh.

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 00:37

That was in Caucasia

Byzantine empires were armenian-

Is it a new "knock-knock" joke

mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 00:43
Taleyran01

whats your argument here? what is it you are trying to argue?
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 00:44

Byzantine empires were armenian-

Is it a new "knock-knock" joke

Nope, its a historical fact.

Basil I becomes the Byzantine emperor and establishes the Macedonian dynasty; until 1025, Byzantine emperors are at least part Armenian.

http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/Byzantium/time.html

Anyways, that has nothing to do with anything. I was just trying to show that you can't claim land just because some emperor of a foreign empire happens to be part of your ethnicity.

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 00:55

If we ruled a land more than 800 years, then today u have not a right to take it from us, especially, when there is not any opposite military back fight

Try it today buddy, u won't be able to cross the border

There will be 2nd Gumru

Give me the names of those empererors that partly are Armenian, I'll search

mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 01:23
take what Karabakh? its already taken...

u didnt rule the land for 800 years because Azerbaijan did not exist for 800 years. That land switched from Armenia to Ottoman Empire to Persian Empire to Russian Empire, it was never part of Azerbaijan.

I am assuming you think Naxichevan was also yours? (well now it is )

The Heraclian Dynasty (575-705) was an Armenian dynasty, Philippicus Bardanes was Armenian (ruled for only 2 years though), Leo V was Armenian,  this is by year 850, I will stop here since its 2 AM here and I still got HW to do...look up the other years if you would like...

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 01:27

Give me the names of those empererors that partly are Armenian, I'll search

Heraclius, Basil II, Leo V, Nikephorus Phokas, John Tzimiskes, etc. This doesn't mean anything though. My whole point is that regardless of their ethnic background, those emperors served Byzantium. Same thing with Safavids; they served Iran, not Azerbaijan. Timur served himself, not Azerbaijan.

Its like saying America still belongs to England. It doesn't work like that.

If we ruled a land more than 800 years, then today u have not a right to take it from us, especially, when there is not any opposite military back fight

Even if Turks ruled it for 800 years, Armenians were still a majority in those provinces. Armenians were living in Karabagh long before Christ was born while Turks showed up centuries later.

Try it today buddy, u won't be able to cross the border

There will be 2nd Gumru

They wouldn't try to cross the border because the whole point of the uprising was to end the Azeri military occupation of Karabagh, and they succeeded. Its Azerbaijan that must make the next move.

Anyways, are you going to discuss something...I still don't know what you're trying to argue on this thread.

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 01:54

1)That is why Armenian pop. today is not more than 2 million

2)There is not any AZERBAIJANIAN NATION, there is Turkish

3)That is why there is today 8 million Turks living in Azerb.

4)I'll search the biography of your pointless emperors

5)Karabakh is not taken buddy-Go see world map-any except "Made in Armenia" ones

6)Atabeyler, Seljuklar, Karakoyunlu, Akkoyunlu, Safavid, Russian empire, ADR, Soviets-That is how we ruled over 800 years u

7)U wanna take Nakhichevan tooo, hmmm, I guess, U guys dont think about another war that will end with unconditional surrender  treaty  in Irevan

8)Azerbaijan will make next move, and u will be able to see that move

9)I am trying to argue in this topic that, u took over the land, with the help of russian guys, which it belongd to the nation which name is turkes and to the republic which name is Azerbaijan, And do not make me to bring the staff that u did with the people there

8)

mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 02:08
1)That is why Armenian pop. today is not more than 2 million

Actually Armenian population is 8 million worldwide now. Would have been more if it werent for you genocidal cousins...

2)There is not any AZERBAIJANIAN NATION, there is Turkish

finally, someone came out and said it...

3)That is why there is today 8 million Turks living in Azerb.

what is why?

4)I'll search the biography of your pointless emperors

mmm? at least our Emperors are in international hostorical textbooks, not Azeri children fiction stories

5)Karabakh is not taken buddy-Go see world map-any except "Made in Armenia" ones

De facto it is

6)Atabeyler, Seljuklar, Karakoyunlu, Akkoyunlu, Safavid, Russian empire, ADR, Soviets-That is how we ruled over 800 years u

Azeri children fiction stories

7)U wanna take Nakhichevan tooo, hmmm, I guess, U guys dont think about another war that will end with unconditional surrender  treaty  in Irevan

no, not really...unlike in Karabakh population there is majority Azeri, no point in taking it. Armenians were driven out a while ago...

8)Azerbaijan will make next move, and u will be able to see that move

sad, you advocate war, that will not change anything

9)I am trying to argue in this topic that, u took over the land, with the help of russian guys, which it belongd to the nation which name is turkes and to the republic which name is Azerbaijan, And do not make me to bring the staff that u did with the people there

that land was always ours...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>