Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alexander

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Fizzil View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Fizzil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alexander
    Posted: 11-Nov-2004 at 11:39

I could, i already listed the persian units.

The Macedonians have 3 units of each categories Foot, Cavalry and Mercenary. Also Artillery but only 2 types.

their foot units are the Hypospis wich are heavy sword infantry, the Peltasts, who are skirmishers (throws javelins), and the Sarisofor (the Macedonian Pikemen, i think it comes from Sarissa the pike they carried).

Their Cavalry are Cataphractus, heavily armoured cavalry (not like cataphracts, they have golden breastplates and their horses are not armoured) that have an excellent attack, The Dimah, medium sword armed cavalry, and last the Thessalian Riders, these are mounted peltasts basically.

The Mercenaries are the same as the persians (Scythian heavy, ligh and Axemen) but they also get a mercenary archer (like the persian unit exactly)

Macedonians also have artillery and ships, they have Ballistas and Catapults, their warships are the Unireme, Bireme(persians have it too) and Triere (Trireme, persians have the Warship) (and light ship, but the persians have these too).

The fromations are based on stances and number of soldiers, lowest formation is 36 soldiers, or 20 cavalry, highest is 100 soldiers or 40 cavalry.

They have stances, Agressive, Neutral and Defensive, Agressive put swordsmen in a wedge formation, pelatsts in a crecent, while spears in several lines but their spears are pointed forward. Neutral is neutral and puts them in a box formation or square formation. Defensive puts the units in several long lines good for sarisofors to wipe out cavalry.

its pretty much like cossacks but 10x slower.

Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2004 at 13:40

ok thanks, that was all i waated to know

sephodwyrm View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote sephodwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2004 at 01:39
This is a game you probably would want to give a miss until Cossacks II comes out...I'm saving me gold for that one.
"Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them"
"Not what goes into the mouth that defiles the Man, but what comes out of the mouth" Matthew 7:12, 15:11
Scythian View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Scythian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Dec-2004 at 14:37
I have the game, and it doesn't work. It's a 2GB program for changing your screen resolution, and doing nothing afterwards.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12