Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alexander

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alexander
    Posted: 10-Oct-2004 at 15:18

RTS game based on Olvier Stone's upcoming movie using the Cossacks II engine.

I don't expect something special, still I sort of like Cossacks and it could be a nice game...

cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2004 at 20:17

Even though the movie is out, with RTW, it is a bad time for the game.
lars573 View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote lars573 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2004 at 00:59
Sweet  Cossacks style game + ancient warfare =cooolnes
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2004 at 01:47
*orgasms*

Damn, this thread is two weeks old and i missed it

Edited by Cywr
Arrrgh!!"
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2004 at 12:01

*orgasms* ? i hope your not serious.    ill check for a demo.

Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2004 at 12:07

oh, already thoguht no oe is interested, so i didn't posted the new screenies I found yesterday. well anyway, here they are:

cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2004 at 12:11
negative on the demo.

the screens look great, here is the cover.

released this month
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2004 at 12:29

Originally posted by Catt

negative on the demo.

negative on the demo? is it out yet? have you played it?

cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2004 at 13:24
no, dont have it. Just went to the Ubi site where there is little information on it. Also already a member of the site and saw no special downloads for it.
It only says released Nov. 04.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2004 at 23:51
Originally posted by Catt

*orgasms* ? i hope your not serious.    ill check for a demo.

Well i rather liked the Cossacks engine, and anything that improves or expands on that has to be worthy of note, plus the screenies are stunni.....
Aw crap, did it again.....
Arrrgh!!"
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2004 at 23:54
Fizzil View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Fizzil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2004 at 06:08
Demo released, the game plays like cossacks a bit btw, but a bit more slower.
Fizzil View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Fizzil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2004 at 14:07

I just gave the demo a test run, i didn't play the macedonians alot becuase i kept messing up in resources, but i managed to play the persians.

The Persians have 3 unique foot units, cavalry units and mercenary units:

The Kardak Spearmen, The Archer and The Immortal are all foot units, The Kardak are defensive units, and are good against cavalry, while the Immortals are high attack units wich are good against spears, the archer is... well your basic archer.

Their cavalry are:

Camel Archers, Horse Archers and Dartsmen, all of them are horse archers apparently, and must rely on mercenaries for melee cavalry.

Their Mercenaries are:

The Scythian Heavy Cavalry (very good units), Scythian Light Cavalry and Axemen (they looked like Rus or something ) both scythian cavalry are melee, one is lighter and cheaper the other is heavier and more expensive.

The unit selection is nice, although i don't know if its historically accurate (especially the halberd weilding immortals) but anyways there is one serious bug, the cavalry disappear when they stop from moving, so you better have them grouped in case you lost them. Overall seems like an average game from the demo, but my impressions will probably change when i get my hands on the full release.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2004 at 14:23
Where can you download the demo?
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2004 at 15:53
Yeah, i'd like to know that too, the UBI site thats publishing it makes no mention of it.
Arrrgh!!"
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2004 at 20:49
Dont understand why the publishers dont advertise the demo, gah, my love hate relationship with Ubi continues.

Anyway here is a link Alexander

Beware of busy mirrors at this time. Fileplanet is also hosting if you are a member.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2004 at 23:03
My hero. (i actualy spent 10 minutes googling it only to not find it)
Arrrgh!!"
Fizzil View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Fizzil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2004 at 02:48

You can find a smaller sized file at 3d gamers, btw, it seems only the mercenary cavalry are bugged, and i'm having a problem controlling the peasants as they have a knack to work at the nearest resource if they are idle.

And btw why do the macedonians have cataphracts(cataphractus) shouldn't it be the heteroi, while the persians get the cataphracts?

lars573 View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote lars573 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Nov-2004 at 23:22
Since this is a cossacks based game. Pressing enter and typing babki will give 50000 of all resources and qwe will reveal the map. I know because I just downloaded the demo and tried it.
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2004 at 14:07
can people give me some input on the demo? i would espcially be interested in unit types and formations (are they like in cossacks?) and tactical possibilities etc
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>