Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Poll Question: Are you.....
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
10 [22.22%]
6 [13.33%]
11 [24.44%]
3 [6.67%]
6 [13.33%]
5 [11.11%]
1 [2.22%]
3 [6.67%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
flyingzone View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote flyingzone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Politics
    Posted: 09-Jan-2006 at 22:13

I did hear about Hansen's participation in the TV ballroom dancing show ... How funny it is - in a bizarre way ...

By the way, I think calling her just a "redneck" doesn't do justice to her political agenda. If there's someone who deserves to be called a neo-fascist, it should be her.

Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2006 at 22:32

Situationism doesn't seem to be there.....  Nothing for me to vote for.

then again, just occaisionally in moments of weakness my carefully cultivated Cynical Nihilist ideology slips and my innate Stalinism surfaces. So I voted moderate left.

Edited by Paul
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2006 at 22:33
Originally posted by flyingzone

I did hear about Hansen's participation in the TV ballroom dancing show ... How funny it is - in a bizarre way ...

By the way, I think calling her just a "redneck" doesn't do justice to her political agenda. If there's someone who deserves to be called a neo-fascist, it should be her.

I don't want to hijack this thread, which is a very intelligent one, to put the spotlight on Pauline Hanson. However, I must disagree with you. Redneck is far more fitting, for the following reason:

When asked how she would manage economic difficulties or shortages of cashflow, Hanson gave the reply "print more money".

Fascists have at least proven themselves somewhat capable at running nations and economies. After that comment I can only class Hanson as a redneck hick. Can anyone say hyperinflation

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2006 at 22:58

I think polls like this (no offense) show the sad state of political discourse many people use.  Theres only right wing, left wing, and some people in the middle.  Real life cannot be so neatly defined.  So far Illuminattis post is th emost intelligent of the thread though.  Both left and right are nothing but brainwashing ideologies used by sleazeballs to manipulate the thoughts of their mindless followers.

I cant say Im moderate because Im an extremist, but Im an extremist all over the place.  For every extreme "right wing" position I have I have a "left wing" position somewhere else just as extreme.  I think both classifications are insulting to the issues and to intelligence in general.

The best ideology is one where you support any issue based not on where it comes from but if it benefits YOU personally.  Nothing is worse than a person that believes in something contrary to their real intrests, and yet it seems so common.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2006 at 03:50
Originally posted by Ikki

This site can help:

http://www.politicalcompass.org/

It was posted before in another tavern topic. My results (no wonder):

Economic Left/Right: -9.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.23

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2006 at 04:43
 I agree with Tobodai.

Firstly we have to focus on the application of democracy it self.Then,we can decide about the arrangement of our economies.But whatever we'll decide,it will be just and by the spirit of "fair play",because this is "the" prerequisite of democracy.

People tend to distance them self from politics,for a number of reasons and trust the handling of their state in "proffesional" polititians.The mistrust growing between them is justified,but it's not the polititians to blame (mainly).

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2006 at 08:41
Originally posted by eaglecap

I wonder though if left or right could have different meanings in different parts of the world.

Yes, what is called 'extreme left' in America is 'centre right' in Europe
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2006 at 08:43
Originally posted by Maju

Originally posted by Ikki

This site can help:

http://www.politicalcompass.org/

It was posted before in another tavern topic. My results (no wonder):

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.23

bah, I used to be the most left wing here. I had -8.something for both economic and social.

sedamoun View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote sedamoun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2006 at 10:52

Economic Left/Right: -6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.21

Moderate Left... i am right about one thing... i know myself. Always a good start.

Cheers.

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2006 at 17:13

Economic +7.2 to the right

Social, -8.42 to the left

-Alexander Hamilton
jfmff View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote jfmff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2006 at 21:12
Economic Left/Right: -5.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.77

Near the Dalai Lama
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2006 at 21:27

Economic Left/Right: 5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.82

Member of IAEA
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2006 at 21:46
Economic Left/Right: -9.38

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.23

I am a liberal? Obviously it is because I chose not to ban abstract art.

Edited by barish
flyingzone View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote flyingzone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2006 at 21:58

Economic left/right = -6.75

Social libertarian/authoritarian = -6.92

BMC21113 View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote BMC21113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2006 at 22:14

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: 2.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.44

"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"-George Washington
"The art of war is, in the last result, the art of keeping one's freedom of action."-Xenophon
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2006 at 23:20
Originally posted by Genghis

<H2>Economic Left/Right: 5.75Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.82 </H2>

This test is no good. Genghis only got a 2.82 Authoritarian points.
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2006 at 23:24
I know how hard it is to be a patriot these days too:

center-left patriot

gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2006 at 05:57

Economic Left/Right: -6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.67

A couple of the statements are confusing - like 'the rich are taxed too heavily' or whatever it was.

I guess they meant in the US, but the answer has to vary depending on which country/time period you consider. Same was true of some other questions.

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2006 at 19:49
Yes its too America specific to be that good on an international forum.  Still, I have the highest anti government points of anyone, especially socially.  Only Maju comes close, but still he is second.
-Alexander Hamilton
kotumeyil View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote kotumeyil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2006 at 20:04

Your political compass:

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.31

I think I'm the most leftist here

Authoritarian
Left

Right
Libertarian

Edited by kotumeyil
[IMG]http://www.maksimum.com/yemeicme/images/haber/raki.jpg">
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>