Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

EU2 Mp game

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EU2 Mp game
    Posted: 13-Aug-2004 at 17:35
tomorrow I'll get EU2 and I would like to organize a game with some of you. I would bring in a firend from the German gaming forums I'm also member at, Mast is also willing, I hope we find at least two more players so we can re-enact the Napoleonic Wars..
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2004 at 20:21

you dont have it? I though you already had it!

I think an Italian city state game or east asia would be cooler though, though no one could play as China because they d have too much power...maybe an Indian faction game?  Nevermind.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Mast View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Mast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2004 at 04:41
Who says we can't play all of that? 

Well, as long as we're somewhere where we all can be in constant contact, it's fine. South East Asia or Indian states might be good for a first game, because Napoleonic wars are quite difficult to play (considering there is colonization too), even though it's my favorite.

Edited by Mast
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2004 at 10:56

Napoleonic I say!

Mast View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Mast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2004 at 12:58
I'll let you guys take care of that. BTW Temujin, have you gotten EU2 in your mail yet? 
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2004 at 13:01

How would you re-enact on EU2?

Mast View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Mast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2004 at 13:19
I don't understand what you mean Cat. 
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2004 at 13:21
I dont have EU2.  Have they implemented battle maps?  How is the trading?
Mast View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Mast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2004 at 13:40
Well there are several different time periods you can start in, and one is at the start of the Napoleonic wars. The strategical map, economy, diplomacy and such is excellent but the game lacks any direct battle control and battle maps.

In order to trade, you send merchants to Center of Trades (CoTs) which exist throughout the world (Isfahan, Venice, Novgorod, Alexandria for instance are some). Some of these CoTs are more valuable and will give you more money. And then there's alot of other things affecting trade such as amount of merchants, trading technology level, sea access to CoTs, trading goods, competition, nation policies and etc.
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2004 at 14:25
thanks
Beylerbeyi View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2004 at 09:12

I have just played the Napoleonic campaing with the Ottoman Empire, it wasn't very good, but I'd love to play it multiplayer. The problem is that I'll be moving soon, and won't have a connection.

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2004 at 14:54
Yeah you dont want me in on that Ill mess it up by playing as England and being an ally to France!
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Mast View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Mast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2004 at 15:55
How about being Russia, France, England, Prussia and Austria and gang up on everyone and conquer the world together?
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2004 at 18:03
Now that would be boring. The fun part is the alliances, wars and backstabbing between the human players
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2004 at 19:09
I'd be all up for it but I don't have my own pc yet. If this turns out good, next time I should be able to join up. How I'd manage to play without the pause feature though is beyond me. Running an empire is far too complicated.
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2004 at 20:13

counting in Tobie and janus we have the main 5 nations...but we could also have a human spain/ottoman empire/usa...

bah, just played 8 hours grand campaign wth a friend, we were our respective nations (Wrttemberg and Saxony). gosh that was a game...first, I took Baden (MAUHAHAHAH) and then we ganged on the Swiss, taking east and west. then somehow everyone attacked me, especially our former allies...well, it ended with my last army (ratehr regiment beign wiped out by a 24k Bosnian army (long story) and he havign his last army greatly decimated by a bavarian rebellion and Burgundians pressig from the west....

DSMyers1 View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Quote DSMyers1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2004 at 17:19
Hmm, there are some EU2 folks here!  I can't play (too eratic access) but wish you all well!
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2004 at 23:22
Count me in!
Member of IAEA
Mast View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Mast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2004 at 04:10
So when can all of you play? Some friday or saturday would be the best.
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2004 at 08:22
I can play whenever you all can, as long as the time zones don't mean I'm playing at 5 in the morning.
Member of IAEA
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>