Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Russo-Japanesse War

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hector Victorious View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Hector Victorious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Russo-Japanesse War
    Posted: 31-Dec-2005 at 23:22
I would like to know a little war on the war front about Japan and Russia. I know they didn't fight often during WWII but i know thye did. Could someone give me a little basic Info on Russ0-Japanesse wars?
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jan-2006 at 02:48
Originally posted by Hector Victorious

I would like to know a little war on the war front about Japan and Russia. I know they didn't fight often during WWII but i know thye did. Could someone give me a little basic Info on Russ0-Japanesse wars?

Which one?

There was a very sgnificant one in 1904-05.

In WWII they largely left eachother alone apart form some cavalry skirmishes along the border. This continued until August of 1945 when the Soviets directed their armies into Manchuria and quickly overran the weakened Japanese presence with their vast war machine. Soon after, however, the atom bomb put an end to Japanese resistance.
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jan-2006 at 04:52

The Russo-Japanese war (which I wrote a paper on last year) is often considered the first modern war, it had the largest (to that time) land battle in all of military history at Mukden.

Although I could explain all the battles and campaigns I think it would be more reliable if I directed you to a website written by actuall proffesionals.

http://www.russojapanesewar.com/intro.html

For helping ot end this war Teddy Roosevelt (the man!) got the Nobel Peave Prize, what an ironic person to get such an award!

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Hector Victorious View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Hector Victorious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jan-2006 at 11:33
Thank you
 Post Reply Post Reply