Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AEDip04: Versailles Diplomacy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>
Author
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AEDip04: Versailles Diplomacy
    Posted: 08-Jan-2006 at 04:30
Well, I believe Maju was thinking of the mailing of all players on the list that he usually mails us.
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2006 at 04:34
doesnt everybody in this game follow this thread?
ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2006 at 05:28
Originally posted by TheDiplomat

doesnt everybody in this game follow this thread?

Not necessarily. It's a billboard: just that. All oficial stuff goes via email. Also you haven't made any sort of clear and detailed request. Something like:

Dear GM:

Could we postpone the deadline for (season) until (day)? The reason is that this and that...

I just know that it seems that Turkey has a national holiday some day next week but I have no idea on how this may affect the developement of the game and I'm thinking that we may well be in the middle of that holiday and still not knowing when exactly happens what.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2006 at 07:39

It is no doubt that evryone saw the request of both Kapikulu and me.

On Tuesday a ''religious ''holiday is starting which will last till the beginning of the following week...

so I repeat the request of extention for 1 week here...I will not make a so-called ''official'' request again.It is up to you..You may even ignore.But what can I do ?

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2006 at 12:35
Is the Turksih proudness so unbindable? Can they not bow to the higher lords?
Thegeneral View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2006 at 13:44

On Tuesday a ''religious ''holiday is starting which will last till the beginning of the following week...

so I repeat the request of extention for 1 week here...I will not make a so-called ''official'' request again.It is up to you..You may even ignore.But what can I do ?

Oh come now, is it so hard to PM the GM?  Yes, it was posted, and what happens when that page is covered by three other pages of talks about the game.  PM the GM, it won't take more than 30 seconds to say please extend the game because there is a holiday!

Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2006 at 05:05
Originally posted by Thegeneral

Oh come now, is it so hard to PM the GM?  Yes, it was posted, and what happens when that page is covered by three other pages of talks about the game.  PM the GM, it won't take more than 30 seconds to say please extend the game because there is a holiday!

He has already seen the request...so why the hell this IDEEFIXE for?(a question to u theGeneral)

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2006 at 06:21
Because I have no idea when do you expect me to set the new deadline to. Because I am still waiting to ajudicate this turn first (for which I'm still missing some orders, including yours). And because you insist in being so annoying that I'm seriously tempted of not making any extension and NMRing you and finding a replacement.

In fact 'm so annoyed at this attitude of you that I'm tempted of quting GMing Diplomacy games in AE since now.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2006 at 06:46

I had already said the beginning of the the following week which means 16th January Monday...

well,if u get so annoyed about everything,(I did not show any personal disrespect,no insult)then I doubt your maturity.

Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2006 at 07:01

Guys,this is just an internet forum...Relax..

we don't have to be too ''official'' as in the real life...

I hang out forums to relax,to have fun...thats why I play these games as well...But If I am also supposed to be bureauratic,where is the point of having fun for all of us.

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2006 at 07:03

I had already said the beginning of the the following week which means 16th January Monday...

well,if u get so annoyed about everything,(I did not show any personal disrespect,no insult)then I doubt your maturity.

For Christ sakes send a stinkin PM!  Is your pride so big?!

Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2006 at 07:04
Originally posted by Thegeneral

For Christ sakes send a stinkin PM!  Is your pride so big?!

for Moses' sake what pride are u talking about ?what has pride to do with this.this is biassnes.I already made the request to be seen by everyone...

Edited by TheDiplomat

Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2006 at 07:18

Originally posted by Maju

And because you insist in being so annoying that I'm seriously tempted of not making any extension and NMRing you and finding a replacement. 

May I remind you the fact that the request made by KAPIKULU first,and secondly by me.

Same request was also made for the 1600 game,but we didn't see such tension there..plus I am not annoyed..if u read my messages,u will understand...But you always take it personal..as if I have matter with you.as if I wrote in anger. 

hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2006 at 10:07
Okay, I made the request for the extension. It took me all of 20 seconds.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2006 at 12:02

Thanks Hugo. Terrible conversation.

I would still recommend to do like it is officially done as it is BETTER that way. If you can't send your orders on deadline AND if you then go against the GM then you just have a problem. I think that this has been a public aggression.

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2006 at 16:15

Originally posted by hugoestr

Okay, I made the request for the extension. It took me all of 20 seconds.

Thank you, I was about to do it myself.  (but I'd prefere just to poke and Russia )

Bishop View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Bishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2006 at 18:26

London Times

The Soviet lead Swedish fleet just off the south coast of Norway has made threats of an impending invasion of the mainland. Oslo sends an appeal to the English government for protection. Sweden has no claims on Norwegian soil, Norway's sovereignty will be protected. England promisses full support in the defense of Norway. England will obtain allies in the effort to remove the Soviet hegmony over Scandinavia.

Edited by Bishop
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2006 at 01:42
Adjudication Fall 1929:

The New York Times

Great powers of Europe struggle to consolidate their positions while points of tension seem to change

Britain, Germany and Russia secure positions in Northern Europe.
Italy invades Austria, neutralizing the German Anschluss. It also incorporates Tunis to its colonial empire.
Poland invades Hungary with Yugoslavian support while the Red Army occupies Galitzia.
Clashes between Turkey and the Moscow-Bucarest alliance along the Black Sea coasts.

Other press
:

An anoymous leaflet said:                                            
Italy and Germany are not allies.

Retreat: Germany must retreat  A Austria to Munich, Croatia or OTB. Yet it seems that Kapikulu is not around and an extension till the 16th has been requested.

If there was only one choice, I would use of GM's discrection and auto-retreat it but there are several options. Therefore, I will set a deadline for Winter (adjustments and IPs) as soon as Kapikulu broadcasts his retreat, which must be before 23:59 GMT of Monday 16th in any case. Probably the Winter deadline will be placed on Wednesday 28th, so let's start thinking on how do you want to order for that season.

The Adjudication for Fall 1929 is as follows:

Poland:
F East Baltic Sea Hold
A Lithuania Hold
A Slovakia - Hungary

Britain:
F London - English Channel
F North Sea - Oslo
A Yorkshire Hold

France:
F Brest - Picardy
A Burgundy - Marseilles
A Switzerland Supports A Burgundy - Marseilles

Germany:
A Austria Supports A Trieste - Switzerland (*Dislodged*)
A Hamburg - Holland
F Heligoland Bight - Denmark

Italy:
A Piedmont Supports A Trieste - Austria
A Trieste - Austria
F Tyrrhenian Sea - Tunis

USSR:
F Gulf of Bothnia Hold
A Kiev - Galicia
A Leningrad - Finland
F Sevastopol - Black Sea (*Bounce*)

Turkey:
F Ankara - Black Sea (*Bounce*)
A Bulgaria - Bucharest (*Bounce*)
A Kurdistan - Syria

Czechoslovakia:
A Silesia - Prague

Egypt:
F Eastern Mediterranean Sea - Ionian Sea

Greece:
A Athens Holds

Rumania:
A Moldavia - Bucharest (*Bounce*)

Spain:
F Catalonia - Madrid

Sweden:
F Skagerrak - Sweden

Yugoslavia:
A Beograd Supports A Slovakia - Hungary

(As always, please check for any possible errors)

The new center count (affecting builds and IPs and indiferent to the German retreat) is:

Ownership:

Poland:    Danzig, Hungary, Krakow, Lithuania, Warsaw.
Britain:   Edinburgh, Liverpool, London, Oslo.
France:    Brest, Marseilles, Paris, Switzerland.
Germany:   Berlin, Denmark, Hamburg, Holland, Munich.
Italy:     Austria, Naples, Rome, Trieste, Tunis.
USSR:      Finland, Kiev, Leningrad, Moscow, Sevastopol.
Turkey:    Ankara, Bulgaria, Constantinople, Smyrna, Syria.
Czechoslovakia: Prague.
Egypt:     Egypt.
Greece:    Athens.
Rumania:   Bucharest.
Spain:     Madrid.
Sweden:    Sweden.
Yugoslavia: Beograd.
Unowned:   Belgium, Ireland, Portugal.

Adjustments:

Poland:    Supp  5 Unit  3 Build  2
Britain:   Supp  4 Unit  3 Build  1
France:    Supp  4 Unit  3 Build  1
Germany:   Supp  5 Unit  3 Build  2
Italy:     Supp  5 Unit  3 Build  2
USSR:      Supp  5 Unit  4 Build  1
Turkey:    Supp  5 Unit  3 Build  2
Czechoslovakia: Supp  1 Unit  1 Build  0
Egypt:     Supp  1 Unit  1 Build  0
Greece:    Supp  1 Unit  1 Build  0
Rumania:   Supp  1 Unit  1 Build  0
Spain:     Supp  1 Unit  1 Build  0
Sweden:    Supp  1 Unit  1 Build  0
Yugoslavia: Supp  1 Unit  1 Build  0

Remember that the number of your IPs is equal to that of Supply center owned.

Operational map:

Current map (retreat pending but centers already adjusted):

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2006 at 12:04

I as Jzef Pisudski, marszaek Polski, Naczelnik Pastwa, minister obrony, Generalny Inspektor Si Zbrojnych rename the city of Danzig as Gdanks and ask all others to forwardly call the province Vilnius instead of Lithuania. I thank every single person.

Now, where shall I built stuff? Dmaned, you can't build air divisions? I was hoping already. And I can't found new cities?

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2006 at 02:47
GM Directive:

With the additional rules (IPs) of this variant and with people sending orders before the previous deadline has been exausted I am having problems to keep track adequately and I fear I will commit an unwilling error unless I count with your cooperation: I need the players to be more formal when sending orders. Particularly I need you to do the following:

1. Do not send orders before the proper season has started, that is before the previous adjudication has been done. So don't send winter orders before the Fall retreats are in, unless there's a special reason for that (in which case you should explain).
  2. Send ALWAYS full sets of orders. Please, do not send one set and then small modifications to this or that movement unless you want me to end wearing a straight jacket or to adjudicate only on your last partial set whichever. As I don't want to end in a mental hospital, from now on I will require all sets to be complete: each new set totally overrides the previous ones. If there are orders lacking, sorry: your fault (I will still try to tell you that you have comitted an error but it's your responsability anyhow).
  3. Try not to send orders as reply mails but as brand new mails with a header like the following: "AEDip04: <country> orders <season - year>". I will accept other sets but I must ask you to do this way for the sake of my mental health and adjudication accuracy. If you send several sets in a short time, specify which order they have, so I don't have to check the time they have been sent in the mail properties.
  4. All orders should be sent by email. I can't grant that I will check the forum before I adjudicate and PMed orders are plainly impossible to organize.
  5. Extensions will be granted on request (unless someone is abusing of that, what I dont think will be the case) but the request should be made like any other oficial game correspondence: by email. It should also specify which date would be good to place the new deadline at, though GM discrection always has the last word.
  6. To prevent avoidable distractions like this one, with an extension in a retreat subturn, I would ask you to send conditional retreats when you think that you may not be around near the adjudication date. Conditional retreats can be sent with the regular orders or (better) in a separate mail with the appropiate header.
I'm sure that all you will try to comply and make the GMing activity more easy to carry. Thanks,

GM.

Edited by Maju

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>