Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who plays Rome online?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who plays Rome online?
    Posted: 15-Dec-2005 at 15:14

I have just started playing Rome Total War and Barbarian invasion online, I think it would be pretty cool to get All Empires battles on the go.

New patches available for RTW (1.5) and BI (1.6) that get rid of the annoying non ping related lag.

If you are interested leave ideas for arranging something of the sort here.

Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2005 at 16:10
Well i would like to play RTW 1.5 with you.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2005 at 14:38

cool, I didn't see your reply.  I prefer BI 1.6, but I will play rtw too.

My name in the "friendly" room is Zagros.

Edited by Zagros
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2005 at 15:14
In what time do you usually play? And were do you live? Just need to know your timezone.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2005 at 15:27

GMT and I am playing now.

AlbinoAlien View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote AlbinoAlien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2005 at 14:21
i play rome total realisim. its more historically correct ive found, but the vinilla version is morre fun, and the units move faster.
people are the emotions of other people

(im not albino..or pale!)

.....or an alien..
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2005 at 14:23
Yes, it is, but can you play it online with others who have it?
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2005 at 16:30
You can play RTR with other, it more fun
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2005 at 16:33

where were u axeman? lol, I have just been playing for ages.

I love the alemanni faction.

Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2005 at 16:41
Originally posted by Zagros

where were u axeman? lol, I have just been playing for ages.

I love the alemanni faction.

I wasn't able to get to pc at 17.15 at your time, sorry maybe better luck next time for me.
btw it would be more easily to arrange battle through messenger or skype
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2005 at 20:09
I remember back to playing medieval online, and all you could do was go into the battle ground and slug it out. Personally I would prefer to play on the campaign map. Is this available on online multiplayer for Rome, BI and RTR?
Heraclius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Heraclius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2005 at 21:09

I loved MTW online, those were the days

I stopped playing because people are annoying, allies that never help you, people who drop out the second they start losing, hosts dropping out when youve just picked your army argh!

Since ive never played online RTW can anybody tell me how it is different, whats been added if anything to make it more fun etc?

A tomb now suffices him for whom the world was not enough.
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2005 at 07:46
Originally posted by Heraclius

Since ive never played online RTW can anybody tell me how it is different, whats been added if anything to make it more fun etc?

battles are fun if opponent doesn't use elephants or artillery against you, in the other case everything is just who outmanouvers other. Playing with allies is more fun.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2005 at 09:30
It's largely pretty good.  allies often help because u will lose if u dont play as a team.
Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2005 at 14:28

RTW has more variety but the gameplay is more based on army choice and maneuvering skill. In serious 1v1 games, only a few factions are considered "playable" (ie. the rest of the factions will get you compeltely dominated).

But I thoght RTW online was pretty fun. However, I haven't played in months and I never got BI.

Edited by Imperator Invictus
Arpad View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Arpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2005 at 23:56

Hey, i play this aswell, i played RTW, but also have barbarian invasion so can start playing that aswell. We should make a All empires clan.. My fav civ is parthians and the egyptians.. also greek is good when you are challenging someone who is parthia or heavy horse civ,, coz you can make a special formation involving cretian archers and spartans,, basically you put the archers in the midle and form a box outside by the spartans.. MIND you i learnt this from another guy online and he tried doing it to me (a pro ) however i was parthians and what i did was to put all my horses into wedge formation, then find a place on the guys formation where there was little spearmen and concentrate my attack over there while in the meantime i had my archers towards the back of his formation killing his creten archers.,, he totally lost and was amazed at how eficicently i killed his army, even tho he claimed no1 ever beat him like that,.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2005 at 06:23

Yes, I love decisive victories like that. I prefer Parthians too for RTW, also Armenians for a good cav/infantry balance.  In BI i like the Alemanni and Lombardi, followed by the Sarmatians/Rohxolani and the Sassanids.  The ORman's are the toughest toe-toe civ.

Heraclius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Heraclius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2005 at 08:26

I can't really play the steppe factions, to much cavalry running around all over the place that its hard to control, also I like heavy infantry etc so i'm not really suited to them.

I like the ERE followed by the WRE and then probably the Sassanids, after that the barbarian factions are just to similar or to boring for me.

A tomb now suffices him for whom the world was not enough.
 Post Reply Post Reply