Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your Favorite Mosques

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
The Chargemaster View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Kishokan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote The Chargemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your Favorite Mosques
    Posted: 21-May-2006 at 09:13
Originally posted by violentjak

I also found out there is town in Bulgaria called Novi Pazar in north of country?
Is this Turkish town or Bulgarian by ethnic groups

The populatiion of this town is mixed, but is mainly bulgarian-christian. In the Middle Ages this town was a bulgarian fortress which was captured by the turks in the second half of XIV century.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Kishokan

Quote The Chargemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2006 at 09:25
Originally posted by bg_turk

if you look at pictures of the town in the beginning of the century the skyline was in fact dominated by mosques.

A good proof about the turkish-moslem expansion at the expense of the bulgarians and of the other christians by the time of the turkish rule in the Balkans.
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2006 at 09:50
Originally posted by The Chargemaster

A good proof about the turkish-moslem expansion at the expense of the bulgarians and of the other christians by the time of the turkish rule in the Balkans.
Well, it just shows that you are no different than the Turks whom you accuse of expansionism, because you did to their culture precisely what you accuse the Turks to have done to your. Besides Bulgarian culture in many Bulgarian towns survived for more than 500 years under Turk's rule, Turkish culture and architecture in Plovdiv did not even survive the first 50 years of Bulgarian rule. By the way lets not hijack this thread, reply in the Turks in Bulgaria section, if you will.

violantjack,

by the way Charge posted maps of the distribution of Turks in Bulgaria in the thread carrying the same title in Modern History. You can check them out if you want.

Edited by bg_turk - 21-May-2006 at 09:56
Chieftain
Chieftain

Kishokan

Quote The Chargemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2006 at 08:25
Theodore Felix View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Theodore Felix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2006 at 11:20
I think she should be retitled "Mosques of your country" rather then your favorite mosque. lol

Edited by Theodore Felix - 23-May-2006 at 11:26
Shir View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Shir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2006 at 00:35

Artogrul Gazy Mosque in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan

Uyghur Oghli View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Uyghur Oghli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2006 at 01:16
16th Century Grand Mosque in Kuchar, East Turkestan (a.k.a. Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region of China).

Edited by Uyghur Oghli - 31-May-2006 at 01:20
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2006 at 18:55
came across this newly built mosque to commemorate 1000 yrs of kazan in tatarstan.
kingofmazanderan View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kingofmazanderan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2006 at 14:41
I know some one already posted this one but i like it so much i had to post it too.image
Casablanca's King Hassan II Mosque.  This one has the Tallest Minerette in the world standing at over 560 feet high.

Great shot of the Huge Minerette.

Ave1 View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Ave1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jun-2006 at 20:22
Fantastic thread folks!

To date, likely on the top of my favorite posts here in this forum.  Great pictures of the Masjids around the world.  The Masjids in Bosnia were gorgeous as were the rest. 

Here is my contribution, notice the obvious chinese influenced styling of the breath taking Xian Masjid..

Chieftain
Chieftain

Kishokan

Quote The Chargemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jul-2006 at 07:25

Originally posted by malizai

The new mosque in Kazan, Tatarstan

The new mosque in the capitol of Volga-Bulgaristan:

He he... A mosque in orthodoxal stile! LOL

Edited by The Chargemaster - 05-Jul-2006 at 07:29
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jul-2006 at 07:51
I like it's cool
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jul-2006 at 15:44
Casablanca's King Hassan II Mosque.  This one has the Tallest Minerette in the world standing at over 560 feet high.

No, Minarets of Tehran's Mosalla are taller!

Ave1 View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Ave1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jul-2006 at 21:11
Cyrus,

THANK YOU for these pics as I have never seen these before!

STUNNING!
"Not one American Christian in a hundred realizes that if he lived in Israel, he would be the victim of official discrimination forced...to carry an identification card" - Joseph Sobran
Quetzalcoatl View Drop Down
General
General

Suspended

Quote Quetzalcoatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jul-2006 at 03:41
Originally posted by amir khan

A new mosque at london olympics site 2012 could be largest when it is built.

http://acage.org/news/?day=11272005&id=0003

Must be a joke. And I bet it is funded by the british government.
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jul-2006 at 14:06
Having just read the article it turns out that it is actually not a muslim mosque, but an Ahmadyia mosque. The people refer to themselves as muslims are not recognised by the global community of muslims. The carry islamic influences in the same ways as the Bihai or Alevis.

The builders of this mosque belong to the Ahmadiya, who do not hold the cornerstone of belief that Mohammed was the last prophet. You can not b muslim if u dont, i think.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2006 at 21:37
I'm surprised these haven't been mentioned before...

Here are my favourites:

Registan Samarkand, Uzbekistan

Sheikh Lotf Allah Mosque

Rawze-e-Sharif

Aster Thrax Eupator View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2006 at 10:06

My personal favorite is the stunning Selimanye mosque in Erdine- quite unique and, as ever, built by that mastermind, Sinian! Bloody good piece of architecture!

Killabee View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Killabee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Dec-2006 at 16:52
Out of curiosity, can muslims from different sects( ie Sunni and Shiites) pray in the same mosque?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2006 at 07:50
Simple answer, Yes.

For praying actually there  is no need to a mosque. A muslim can pray any location/ground granting it is clean.

Friday (Cuma) prayings tradionally held at the biggest mosque of a city in most muslim countries. ( We do not follow this tradition in Turkey although)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>