Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Serbian Medieval History

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Serbian Medieval History
    Posted: 01-Dec-2005 at 16:01

having trouble with this..

I have some of the Medieval Serbian Rulers..

Lazar, Prince
Oliver, Despot
Uros, King
Vladislav II, King
Milutin, King

Anyone have any others?

Samo Sloga Srbina Spasava
Only Unity Can Save the Serb
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2005 at 16:41

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2005 at 21:57
 Thanks.
Sarmata View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended

Quote Sarmata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2005 at 03:36
STEFAN DUSAN how can u miss STEFAN DUSAN?!
Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2005 at 09:31
 I knew it!!
Sarmata View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended

Quote Sarmata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2005 at 16:23
hahaha
cg rommel View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote cg rommel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2005 at 17:40
Originally posted by Sarmata

STEFAN DUSAN how can u miss STEFAN DUSAN?!

CAR DUSAN, it was STEFAN nemanja, who originated from doclea(the frist name of montenegro), whse descendants were the rulers of serbia....
HistoryGuy View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote HistoryGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2005 at 18:49
I find that Serbs are very close to Poles.... Is this true? Did Serbs migrate from Poland northern Eastern Europe area?
هیچ مردی تا به حال به شما درباره خدا گفته.
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Dec-2005 at 07:09
Originally posted by HistoryGuy

I find that Serbs are very close to Poles.... Is this true? Did Serbs migrate from Poland northern Eastern Europe area?

All Slavs come from Poland/Belarus but they have mixed heavily with natives of the regions they settled in the Middle Ages.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
HistoryGuy View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote HistoryGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Dec-2005 at 15:14

i seriously thought they came from an area in turkey...

هیچ مردی تا به حال به شما درباره خدا گفته.
Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Dec-2005 at 21:19
No, Serbs didn't come from Turkey... But, many Serbs have Turkish blood in them now-a-days, because some Serbs married Turks.
Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Dec-2005 at 21:20
Serbs are a very old people, and interesting
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Dec-2005 at 21:40
Originally posted by HistoryGuy

i seriously thought they came from an area in turkey...

No. That makes no sense. Slavic migrations, starting c. 700 CE, took out from Poland and nearby regions, their native homeland since about the Bronze Age.

But they obviously didn't migrate to virgin lands nor displaced the natives significatively: they mixed heavily with them. In this sense Southern Slavs are probably closer to their non-Slavic neighbours (Rumanians, Hungarians) than to Poles.

In any case they never came from Turkey. Another very diferent thing is that Serbia, Bosnia, Macedonia and Bulgaria were for many centuries under Ottoman rule.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Dec-2005 at 00:08
Serbia had been independent at various points in time, the Ottoman conquest in 1389 kept Serbia submissive until 1878, when it reestablished its independence.
Sarmata View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended

Quote Sarmata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Dec-2005 at 05:32
I wouldnt say that Serbs are closer to their non slav nieghbors then to Poles. Serbian and Polish have a similar language, and they both looks slavic, there traditions are similar, and the serbs od indeed come form western polend when they settled there before coming form the Caucasus probabaly. The croats settled eastern-southern poland and established a kingdom called Chrobatia centered in Krakow.
Scytho-Sarmatian View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Scytho-Sarmatian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Dec-2005 at 06:46
Chrobatia was also known as "White Croatia."  Do people from eastern-southern Poland retain any identification with "White Croats"?
ill_teknique View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote ill_teknique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Dec-2005 at 11:37

I wouldnt say that Serbs are closer to their non slav nieghbors then to Poles. Serbian and Polish have a similar language, and they both looks slavic, there traditions are similar, and the serbs od indeed come form western polend when they settled there before coming form the Caucasus probabaly. The croats settled eastern-southern poland and established a kingdom called Chrobatia centered in Krakow.

language yes

look probably no bosnians and serbs and croats look similar but they also look more similar to albanians than poles

migratory tribes never numbered in millions of member maybe in hundreds of thousands if ever so high - i.e. the barbaric german kingdoms of the west had perhaps fifty thousands franks, a hundred or so thousand goths, that is why they retained the romance languages and the latin roman culture for so long, which eventually was molded locally into unique cultures that had a common ancestry.  same with the balkans the only difference the slavs "slavicized" the inhabitants of the region, as the bulgars were slavicized even though the ruling class was of non slavic deascant, but most bulgars today would because the real bulgar tribe did not number in ten million people.  migrations do not happen is such high numbers at least not two thousand years ago it was logistically impossible to travel in such high numbers.
Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Dec-2005 at 12:01
Yeah, I would agree with Teknique..
Sarmata View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended

Quote Sarmata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Dec-2005 at 16:00
Originally posted by Scytho-Sarmatian

Chrobatia was also known as "White Croatia." Do people from
eastern-southern Poland retain any identification with "White Croats"?

I haven't met anyone who called themselves White Croatian, I have read that some immigrants from that region when coming to America identified themselves as White Croatian.
Sarmata View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended

Quote Sarmata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Dec-2005 at 16:03
Originally posted by ill_teknique

I wouldnt say that Serbs are closer to their non slav
nieghbors then to Poles. Serbian and Polish have a similar language,
and they both looks slavic, there traditions are similar, and the serbs
od indeed come form western polend when they settled there before
coming form the Caucasus probabaly. The croats settled eastern-southern
poland and established a kingdom called Chrobatia centered in
Krakow.

language yes

look probably no bosnians and serbs and croats look similar but they also look more similar to albanians than poles

migratory tribes never numbered in millions of member maybe in hundreds
of thousands if ever so high - i.e. the barbaric german kingdoms of the
west had perhaps fifty thousands franks, a hundred or so thousand
goths, that is why they retained the romance languages and the latin
roman culture for so long, which eventually was molded locally into
unique cultures that had a common ancestry. same with the balkans
the only difference the slavs "slavicized" the inhabitants of the
region, as the bulgars were slavicized even though the ruling class was
of non slavic deascant, but most bulgars today would because the real
bulgar tribe did not number in ten million people. migrations do
not happen is such high numbers at least not two thousand years ago it
was logistically impossible to travel in such high numbers.

I would say you are right, majority of Serbs and Bosnians do look more similra to Alabaniana, but I have seena share of sebs and croats with the typical dark blond blue eyed look thta most Poles have. Also there are Poles aorund, I know of one who looks more Turkish with dark skin and dark eyes.
I might have misunderstood but just to clear up, are you saying that Serbs and Croats are just a Slavicized people and not really slavic at all?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>