Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PS3 or XBOX 360?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Which console will you buy?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [22.73%]
14 [63.64%]
2 [9.09%]
1 [4.55%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote vulkan02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PS3 or XBOX 360?
    Posted: 24-Nov-2005 at 10:45
For myself i think im gonna keep my PS2 for a while longer especially since i don't pay for my games . Then ill probably keep faithful to Sony like ive always been.
The beginning of a revolution is in reality the end of a belief - Le Bon
Destroy first and construction will look after itself - Mao
Heraclius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Heraclius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2005 at 12:49
 I'm sticking with Sony and their Playstations, wasnt impressed in the slightest by the original XBOX whereas the PS2 was just brilliant, so no reason to go with the XBOX 360 over the PS3.
A tomb now suffices him for whom the world was not enough.
The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2005 at 12:54
Loyal Microsoft Fan...Xbox all the way
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2005 at 16:23
The consoles themselves dont matter at all, its all about which games each one comes out with. Thats the key.
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Laelius View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Laelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2005 at 11:58
I can't help but think that Microsoft has outmanuevered Sony here,  XBox 360 will be the sole next generation console out for the holiday season and when PS3 finally does come out 360 will be a fraction of the price and will have a full lineup of games.
Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Suspended

Quote Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2005 at 12:14
Originally posted by Laelius

I can't help but think that Microsoft has outmanuevered Sony here,  XBox 360 will be the sole next generation console out for the holiday season and when PS3 finally does come out 360 will be a fraction of the price and will have a full lineup of games.

If you remember the Sega Dreamcast, you might think otherwise. The Dreamcast was released earlier and had unparalleled initial success. However, there was always the PS2 looming ahead. The PS2 was a more powerful machine with a large loyal fanbase. The same thing is happening with the Xbox 360 and the PS3.
sedamoun View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote sedamoun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2005 at 13:23
BOTH are really good... but Pro Evolution Soccer should only be played on PS2/3.
Perseas View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Perseas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2005 at 16:42
I prefer the good ol' pc games. Never liked the consoles.
A mathematician is a person who thinks that if there are supposed to be three people in a room, but five come out, then two more must enter the room in order for it to be empty.
Heraclius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Heraclius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2005 at 05:42

The fatal flaw with PC games as everybody will know is that your PC has to meet certain specifications, as games get more and more advanced we will have to keep upgrading our computers (which isnt cheap) to keep up.

With a console you just buy a game and it works, no worries.

The XBOX 360 will give the PS3 a much bigger challenge than the Dreamcast gave the PS2 that is certain, the Dreamcast was a major letdown, with the success of the original Playstation you'd of had to have been mad to compete with the PS2.

Everybody expected the PS2 to be amazing, the Dreamcast when I saw it I thought was just an unknown quantity, could be huge or could be a flop, to compete with the PS2 IMO was madness. The XBOX 360 however with the hugely successful original XBOX behind it is in a much better position to challenge Sony than Sega was.

A tomb now suffices him for whom the world was not enough.
Hector Victorious View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Hector Victorious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2005 at 21:09
How do you judge a system that hasn't been released yet?
vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Quote vulkan02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2005 at 23:09
Both consoles will be similar just like the PS2 and original XBOX.
The beginning of a revolution is in reality the end of a belief - Le Bon
Destroy first and construction will look after itself - Mao
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Hector Victorious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2005 at 23:14
SO i hear.....
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2005 at 00:26
Originally posted by sedamoun

BOTH are really good... but Pro Evolution Soccer should only be played on PS2/3.
I prefer it on my PC, havent played KONAMI on a console since ISS'98..maybe Pro Evo.

If it had to be on a console, it would be Sony.
Aydin View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Suspended

Quote Aydin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2005 at 01:42

x360 has signed up all the major and even the good up and coming developers. Microsoft is also constantly buy up more developers.

But, I think Nintendos Revolution may surprise many. They have alredy been doing some revolutionary things so far with their new controller and the specs for the system still have not been revealed. Add to that the impressive Nintendo library of past games all supposively play-able via internet connection and downloading. They could do some damage.

x360 at the moment is not worth buying and either is ps3. The manufacturers simply will not be able to take full use of the systems for years to come, when the price ironically will drop. That is the optimal moment, unless you have money to waste.
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Hector Victorious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2005 at 17:51
The Revolution controller looks toatlly Idiotic
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2005 at 02:57
Originally posted by Hector Victorious

The Revolution controller looks toatlly Idiotic

I have to say im really skeptical about it....i dont see how its gonna make gameplay easier. It actually looks harder, if anything.
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Super Goat (^_^) View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Super Goat (^_^) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2005 at 23:19
they might make it so you can plug in other controlers as well, but im not sure..
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Hector Victorious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2005 at 19:39
It deffintly won't be easier
Fighter Darrwn Shan View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Fighter Darrwn Shan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2005 at 11:02
I love the the xbox consoles im looking forward to geting a xbox 360.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2005 at 11:16
i will wait for the price to be 100 with 4 games and i will buy xbox360.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>