Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rudolph Huess

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AlbinoAlien View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Avatar

Joined: 05-Oct-2005
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 418
  Quote AlbinoAlien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rudolph Huess
    Posted: 15-Nov-2005 at 11:10
Hey, i probably shouldnt be saying this, and if she finds out my girlfriend would probably kill me, but i wanted to say that my girlfriend is the great grand niece to the infamous Rudolph Huess. i wanted to know if anyone knew any other information on him, besides the attrocites he commited at Aushwitz.
people are the emotions of other people


(im not albino..or pale!)

.....or an alien..
Back to Top
Maju View Drop Down
King
King
Avatar

Joined: 14-Jul-2005
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6565
  Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2005 at 11:32
It's Hess, not Huess.

He wasn't in Auschwitz but he actually is most famous for parachuting himself in Scotland in a desperate and personal attempt to make peace with the UK, where he got arrested for the rest of the war.

His case was polemic precisely because, despite being a high rank Nazi, he wasn't directly involved in the final and most criminal phase of the Nazi state. He was convicted in Nremberg for "crimes against peace", what seems rather a political than a true criminal charge.

He spent the rest of his life in Spandau prison as the only remaining Nazi prisioner till his death in 1987. He's venerated by many neo-Nazis as a martyr.

Churchill himself wrote: "Reflecting upon the whole of the story, I am glad not to be responsible for the way in which Hess has been and is being treated. Whatever may be the moral guilt of a German who stood near to Hitler, Hess had, in my view, atoned for this by his completely devoted and frantic deed of lunatic benevolence. He came to us of his own free will, and, though without authority, had something of the quality of an envoy. He was a medical and not a criminal case, and should be so regarded."

More at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudolph_Hess

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Back to Top
AlbinoAlien View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Avatar

Joined: 05-Oct-2005
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 418
  Quote AlbinoAlien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2005 at 13:44
thank you. we arent actually sure now that me and her have talked, but we think her ancestors came here and changed there last name to houss instead of hess, so people wouldnt be sucpious.
people are the emotions of other people


(im not albino..or pale!)

.....or an alien..
Back to Top
AlbinoAlien View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Avatar

Joined: 05-Oct-2005
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 418
  Quote AlbinoAlien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2005 at 13:45
sorry for the typo
people are the emotions of other people


(im not albino..or pale!)

.....or an alien..
Back to Top
yan. View Drop Down
Consul
Consul


Joined: 15-Apr-2005
Location: Germany
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 352
  Quote yan. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2005 at 09:29

Actually, his name is Hoess. Rudolph Hess wasn't in Auschwitz, as pointed out by Maju.

Some Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudolf_Hoess



Edited by yan.
Back to Top
Maju View Drop Down
King
King
Avatar

Joined: 14-Jul-2005
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6565
  Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2005 at 11:40
I didn't know about Hss (or Hoess) and much less about both sharing the first name of Rudolf. That's why I got confused.

So, you know, Albino Alien, if you two end having babies, don't name them Rudolf. Pick another cooler name, ok?

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Back to Top
AlbinoAlien View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Avatar

Joined: 05-Oct-2005
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 418
  Quote AlbinoAlien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2005 at 13:36
lol ill remember that...maybe something.. arabic? my temujin? heh....to throw off those nazi witch hunters
people are the emotions of other people


(im not albino..or pale!)

.....or an alien..
Back to Top
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
Avatar
AE Immoderator

Joined: 21-Aug-2004
Location: Hyperborea
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 952
  Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2005 at 18:11

Originally posted by Maju

It's Hess, not Huess.

He wasn't in Auschwitz but he actually is most famous for parachuting himself in Scotland in a desperate and personal attempt to make peace with the UK, where he got arrested for the rest of the war.

His case was polemic precisely because, despite being a high rank Nazi, he wasn't directly involved in the final and most criminal phase of the Nazi state. He was convicted in Nremberg for "crimes against peace", what seems rather a political than a true criminal charge.

He spent the rest of his life in Spandau prison as the only remaining Nazi prisioner till his death in 1987. He's venerated by many neo-Nazis as a martyr.

Churchill himself wrote: "Reflecting upon the whole of the story, I am glad not to be responsible for the way in which Hess has been and is being treated. Whatever may be the moral guilt of a German who stood near to Hitler, Hess had, in my view, atoned for this by his completely devoted and frantic deed of lunatic benevolence. He came to us of his own free will, and, though without authority, had something of the quality of an envoy. He was a medical and not a criminal case, and should be so regarded."

More at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudolph_Hess

I disagree with all these defences of Hess. The Nazi reign of terror didn't begin in the middle of WWII it began days after they won the election and thousands were killed and sent to concertration camps in the early days. Hess claim to innocence wasn't he wasn't there at the time, he was, it was that he was a small man promoted way above his capabilities and despite having high rank was out of the consultation loop. But he was still happy to play along for nearly a decade though and had well enough blood on his hands to deserve his fate..  

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Back to Top
Maju View Drop Down
King
King
Avatar

Joined: 14-Jul-2005
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6565
  Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2005 at 00:23
You're surely right. I just meant that the charges against Hess weren't clear enough. It does seem anyhow that he was intelectually pretty limited. 

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Back to Top
the Bulgarian View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel


Joined: 25-Jul-2005
Location: Bulgaria
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 618
  Quote the Bulgarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2005 at 01:57

Originally posted by Maju

You're surely right. I just meant that the charges against Hess weren't clear enough. It does seem anyhow that he was intelectually pretty limited. 

So much for the "ubermensch" (is that how you spell it?) theory.

Back to Top
AlbinoAlien View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Avatar

Joined: 05-Oct-2005
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 418
  Quote AlbinoAlien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2005 at 06:28
ubermension?
people are the emotions of other people


(im not albino..or pale!)

.....or an alien..
Back to Top
the Bulgarian View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel


Joined: 25-Jul-2005
Location: Bulgaria
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 618
  Quote the Bulgarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2005 at 11:46

Originally posted by AlbinoAlien

Hey, i probably shouldnt be saying this, and if she finds out my girlfriend would probably kill me, but i wanted to say that my girlfriend is the great grand niece to the infamous Rudolph Huess. i wanted to know if anyone knew any other information on him, besides the attrocites he commited at Aushwitz.

If you get married you could become the next Fuhrer, you know. All hail the Great Fuhrer - AlbinoAlien!

Back to Top
AlbinoAlien View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Avatar

Joined: 05-Oct-2005
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 418
  Quote AlbinoAlien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2005 at 13:19
oo! but ill do it right this time!
people are the emotions of other people


(im not albino..or pale!)

.....or an alien..
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.56a [Free Express Edition]
Copyright ©2001-2009 Web Wiz

This page was generated in 0.098 seconds.