Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Game Designers here?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Game Designers here?
    Posted: 01-Nov-2005 at 13:41
I used the following maps as bases (I've lost track of their source in most cases):
This one for post-Roman Britain (which is pretty precise):

For the Anglo-Saxon kingdoms, I used more vague references and adapted them to the previous map.

Some of the maps used were:

Here you can see how the space named Jutes (Meonwara) is very accurately coincident with where I put it in.

Yet this map doesn't show all the minor states, like Lindsey, Hwicca and Mid Anglia, so take this one (from Wikipedia) also as reference:

Obviously, I also read something about the period, in Wikipedia and other sources. But I can't find some of them .

Anyhow I would be unable to say what's the diference between a modern English name and an Anglo-Saxon one. Wasn't London always London? Didn't Anglo-Saxons speak English? Just ranting.

Actually your apportations on old names for both Gaelic anc Anglo-Saxon cities are most welcomed and I would like to end with a throughout list of historical names for all them and hopefully also the best places for the cities (centers) - though they don't have to be cities anyhow: counties and provinces were in the Middle Ages as important, so if only London and York survive as cities-centers and the rest are rather territories, I think it could be fine.

I take note of your interesting apportations. Thanks a lot.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Bishop View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2005 at 19:02
Wow Maju these are some of the best varents ive seen!

I know a good deal of history, and im a strategy war game nut. If you need any help testing and balancing you're maps let me know.

You should put them up for test runs and debugging on the forum. Im sure you can get enough people to play/test the maps.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12