Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*Total Quiz XI* Part 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *Total Quiz XI* Part 2
    Posted: 29-Oct-2005 at 04:14
Originally posted by Dawn

If I had one complaint about the whole affair it is that Styrboirn and TJK didn't play (I still need to beat the Swed and his friend .... oh ya I woulddemand that II move to europe so we can go back to the old continious updates

Well, I've seen some of the answers of the old questions already (eg Constantine, Pope 'Joan'), so it'd feel like cheating. Maybe next time

And I'll just point out that "Pope Joan" is a myth, "she" was, in fact, a man. It's one of the more persitant uban myths out there.

Edited by Styrbiorn
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2005 at 06:09
Would we have a 3rd part of TQ xi.
Jai Badri Vishal
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2005 at 10:56

Originally posted by katulakatula

Would we have a 3rd part of TQ xi.

There is usually parts 3 and 4 but only invictus knows for sure what he will call the next quiz in about tree months time.

Styr, it never occured to me that you would have seen the answers but now that i think about it of course you had to of. Hopfully next time around they will be all of new stock.

Serge L View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Serge L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2005 at 16:31
As to the best question, I'd vote for number 6: it was so obvious . . . after having seen it  but I was not able to think about Cuba, maybe because Castro is still alive, and I forgot his older companion.
Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2005 at 18:02
Since no additional issue has been brought up, I guess we can conclude the TQ with the awards:

Moderator Awards:

Rookie Awards to Poirot and Heraclius for excellent performance on their first try at TQ.

Gratitude Award to Dawn for answering Question 11, thus not requiring round two.

Questions Awards:

"Best Question" award to Komenos for Question 15.

Main Award - Winner of Total Quiz XI Part 2:
goes to...
Poirot,
who may place this image in his signature if he wishes to do so
url: http://www.allempires.com/tq11-2_winner.gif

Congratulations to all participants. The next TQ will be held in January. I hope to see you back for Part 3 of TQ XI.

Edited by Imperator Invictus
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2005 at 18:35
Where are the answers? 

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2005 at 18:44
The answers were posted on the first post of this thread. So you'll find them on page 1 of this thread. 
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2005 at 20:56
Thanks, some were pretty dificult... obviously. 

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2005 at 02:08

Congratulations Poirot .We know now that posting pics of babes isn't ur only speciality.

I missed 1st part of the quiz though.Could have scored atleast 10 had I not missed it.

Jai Badri Vishal
Serge L View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Serge L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2005 at 12:55
Well, as the oldest former TQ moderator still posting here (I was the second, after TQ inventor Kolovrat, who I don't see posting here or elsewhere for a long time), i think I am entitled to add a personal Encomium to Imperator Invictus for the impressively professional job he did here.

Bravo.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2005 at 13:12

Yes, nice quiz only i found out that you can have multiple entries after the quiz had just ended... Could kill myself now but  (a TQ is not worth it, not that it is bad but... aaargh.)

congrats to Poirot.

Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2005 at 01:01
Congratulations to Poirot, and everybody else who took part.
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2005 at 18:16
AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

fastspawn View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote fastspawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2005 at 10:01
Heya,

I returned from my long exile, and what do I see? 4 TQ done without me. I love TQ.

I will try my best to participate in the next one oK?
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2005 at 16:27
I was wondering where you were Fastspawn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234