Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who conquered who? Turk or Arab

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Poll Question: Who conquered who? Turk or Arab, in relation to who had most influence
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
17 [31.48%]
37 [68.52%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Attila2 View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Attila2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who conquered who? Turk or Arab
    Posted: 07-Feb-2006 at 18:47

Now Im asking you,

Have you ever seen an arab wearing a furcap with a recurved composite bow in hand? anywhere in the world?

though ALL OF YOU know that turks had used turban and fez for a time period...

I think it explains everything

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2006 at 11:03

Turban is not an Arabic tradition. It was also used by Persians and Indians. What is your point? It is not even an Islamic tradition, non-Muslim Indians use turban too.

For the recurved composite bow, after the Turkic conquests, Arabs did not involve in military issues.

For the fez, wasn' t it a moorish invention? Moors are not Arabs, they are not even Semitic, am I correct?

Islam is not equal to Arab, it has many civilizations in it, Sumerian, Egyptian, and off course Persian, and even Greeks, and yet Turkic-Mongoloid nomadic culture (grammar rules for instance).

Using Arabic words does not make us Arabs, like we use many Greek words or French words. It is always like that, older civilization all the time influences the younger. Greeks influenced Romans, Romans influenced Germanics. Off course these were just influences.

Attila2 View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Attila2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2006 at 16:01
I didnt say we became arabs...I just tried to say Arabic influence is higher on Turks than the turkic one on the arabs
Fizzil View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Fizzil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2006 at 11:13

Bleh i won't vote.

This just incites tension. I think both influenced each other equally. But thats my opinion.

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2006 at 11:36
It is hard to differentiate the impact one group has over another. This thread is the type that eventually ends up with a battle of egos.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2006 at 16:29
Originally posted by DayI

Originally posted by azimuth

dont know how many words still there but i read somewhere that Ataturk banned 10,000 words from Turkish language.
Still around 5000 words exists in Turkish, little more then 7000 thousand is persian and the most is french.

True, there are about 5000 arabic words still in use in turkish, however persian words are not 7000, more like 1500.

Anyway, it just tells you how crazy nationalism of the early 19th century was. This language madness was not just limited to Turkey, it was occuring in many eastern european countries and even Iran. For example in the persian langauge before the shah the vocuabulary was almost 80 percent arabic now it is 50 percent.
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2006 at 00:03
im not sure about the turkish influence on arabs, but arabic was the political language of turkey until ataturk came.
"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2006 at 05:17

Actually the Ottoman 'Osmanli' language was the politacal language. However the Ottoman language was heavily influenced by Arabic along with Persian.

Seko:

It is hard to differentiate the impact one group has over another. This thread is the type that eventually ends up with a battle of egos.

That trully was not my intention upon opening this thread. The Arabic and Turkish cultures are so similar that it would be good to learn from were the similarities originated from. AE is the perfect place to find this out with the high numbers of both Turks and Arabs. So far this topic is in its 4th page and so much has been revealed to us.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2006 at 10:10

Topic is just a topic ..But we The TURKS had been protector of the Islam, and we will save u again.

malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2006 at 15:46

Originally posted by Attila2

I didnt say we became arabs...I just tried to say Arabic influence is higher on Turks than the turkic one on the arabs

This is just a post to incite, they have much common history and most it pretty ok. I think even in the Great Mosque of Mecca(where hajj is performed) there are large sections remaining built by turks.

OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2006 at 05:30

"This is just a post to incite"

Firstly look at who made this post. You will see that it is i, Osmanli. Have you even read any of my threads? If so you would know that i am not anti-Arab. I speak for what i belive to be true. Even at times upsetting many of the Turks. So dont try and claim that i created this post to incite.

The argument of who conquered who is one that even many historians discuss. Those that have an imature level of nationalism should leave this forum. The topic should not be condemend.

Hint: Read the pages prior, you may learn new things.

"they have much common history and most it pretty ok"

Turkic and Arab culture in its pure form is not similar. This common history inwhich there was influences from both sides is what this topic is about. Ofcourse we know that the Turks conquered the Arabs, but the title is not meant to be taken literally and on the whole all the posters for this topic realised this.

"I think even in the Great Mosque of Mecca(where hajj is performed) there are large sections remaining built by turks."

There we go, now even you are contributing. Hope to hear more constructive information soon

OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2006 at 05:54
Originally posted by Tekir

For the fez, wasn' t it a moorish invention? Moors are not Arabs, they are not even Semitic, am I correct?

I think what you mean is Berber. Since a Moor is someone of mixed Berber and Arab heritage. They make up the majority in old Berber lands (Algeria, Tunisia, Morroco)

Although your right about the fez not being a Turkish invention.

sedamoun View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote sedamoun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2006 at 06:33

Both conquered each other... Except for Morocco who was never occupated by the [HUGE] Ottoman Empire.

Cheers. 

Fizzil View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Fizzil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2006 at 16:16

I have to say, my hometown has an interesting flag

OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 03:01

A part of modern day Morocco was however was part of the Ottoman Empire.

Fizzil which flag is that

Does any of you know if sweets such as Baklawa is eaten in the wider Turkic world?

Because i know that both Arabs and Turks share many foods.

sedamoun View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote sedamoun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 04:50

Osmanli,

I am not sure that "a part" of modern morocco was under Ottoman ruling, under influence (the whole Moroccan Sultana at the time), that's for sure.

It is for that reason that we don't have (we eat it very rarely) Baklawa as they do in Algeria or Tunis. The same goes for Narguile.  

Cheers Kardas. 

Edited by sedamoun
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 05:09

The problem with maps of the Ottoman empire is that they always have diffrences.

I just checked, and although diffrent maps show diffrent things. It is most likely that you are right.

One thing is for certain the Morrocan Sultanate was never under Ottoman control.

"It is for that reason that we don't have (we don't eat it very rarely) Baklawa as they do in Algeria or Tunis. The same goes for Narguile.  "

Are you Morrocan Sedamoun?

Cheers akhi.

Halevi View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Halevi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 05:16
Originally posted by OSMANLI

Are you Morrocan Sedamoun?

Cheers akhi.

Interesting note: 'akhi' (my brother) means exactly the same thing in Hebrew, and is used in the same context. Always found that interesting.

Btw, sedamoun, if u are from Morocco, whereabouts exactly?

I was there a year ago, doing a bit of travelling and a bit of research. Awsome country.

Edited by Halevi
"Your country ain't your blood. Remember that." -Santino Corelone
Halevi View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Halevi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 05:17
Originally posted by Tekir

For the recurved composite bow...

What exactly was the recurved composite bow? What was it made of, and how?
"Your country ain't your blood. Remember that." -Santino Corelone
sedamoun View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote sedamoun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 05:28

My father is from Northern Morocco, not far from the Tangiers. It is a very nice country, I have a huge family over there.

I very much liked Turkey, very rich from a cultural point of view, and the people are very generous and welcoming. I did quite the touring.

Halevi, where were you in morocco?

yaamak ve salkl olmak.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>