Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who conquered who? Turk or Arab

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Poll Question: Who conquered who? Turk or Arab, in relation to who had most influence
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
17 [31.48%]
37 [68.52%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Super Goat (^_^) View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Super Goat (^_^) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who conquered who? Turk or Arab
    Posted: 22-Oct-2005 at 15:24
i think so, well, turks are  (or used to be) looked at as being central asian sord of ppl, but when they converted to islam, settled in Anatolia, and became acquainted with the region, and eventualy conquerd it, they are considered middle easter
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2005 at 15:30
Hmm, I don't think I get it. Who's a "Middle-Eastern" really?
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Super Goat (^_^) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2005 at 15:42
anyone with a long beard, a turban, and an rpg on his back...>?Wink

uhh anyone living in the middle east i assume

ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2005 at 15:43

Originally posted by Bar

Hmm, I don't think I get it. Who's a "Middle-Eastern" really?

Culturally or geographically? Israel is geographically a middle eastern country, but culturally no.

Edited by ok ge
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2005 at 16:29
Originally posted by ok ge

Culturally or geographically? Israel is geographically a middle eastern country, but culturally no.

Why don't you simply put Turkey there instead of Israel and answer my question without asking more questions?

Edited by Barış
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2005 at 17:15

Originally posted by Bar

Originally posted by ok ge

Why don't you simply put Turkey there instead of Israel and answer my question without asking more questions?

You have to be clear when asking about a definition or classification if you don't want questions back. Be precise in your question, and you will get  precise answers.

D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2005 at 17:25
Yet, you still do not answer my question?

Alright ok ge, I was just kidding. Sorry, if I offended you. Will you answer now?
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Super Goat (^_^) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2005 at 17:46
lol

il ask the question sheesh

in what ways is turkey a middle easter country, culturaly? if not, why it is not?

i think that was good...

Edited by Super Goat (^_^)
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2005 at 18:06

I think it is almost no-sense to say Turkey is not a Middle Eastern country. So, don't be so excited for my answer.  My answer will not deviate from that clearly.

I was more interested in defining who is a Middle Eastern. I think culturally, and not geographically. In fact, Libya or Afghanistan have closer cultures to Middle Eastern than Israel for example. Location is just an imaginary border, that is all.

D.J. Kaufman
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2005 at 20:25
ok ge, you are talking with riddles. Israel is not Middle-Eastern just because its population is non-Muslim?

Hmm, so how is Turkey Middle-Eatern besides being Muslim?

Anyway, I don't think Turkey is geographically Middle-Eastern, because Middle-East is simply a desert.

Edited by Barış
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2005 at 23:54

Originally posted by Bar

ok ge, you are talking with riddles. Israel is not Middle-Eastern just because its population is non-Muslim? .

Did anyone here talk about being a Muslim in order to be a Middle Eastern? Follow the posts please. 

Originally posted by Bar

Hmm, so how is Turkey Middle-Eatern besides being Muslim? .

hmm, culture and geography? It is obvious.  Anyhow, if you disagree with it, sure. If you think Turkey is not a middle eastern country, no one really cares. But as I said earlier, it is almost "non-sense".

Originally posted by Bar

Anyway, I don't Turkey is geographically Middle-Eastern, because Middle-East is simply a desert.

I have no clue what you are thinking here. The English is not clear, but are you saying the Middle East is only a desert? Is this a new theory? Lebanon by the way has no desert, what shall we do with Lebanon? count it part of Europe or Africa?

Edited by ok ge
D.J. Kaufman
oTToMAn_TurK View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote oTToMAn_TurK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2005 at 02:46

Baris said

Anyway, I don't Turkey is geographically Middle-Eastern, because Middle-East is simply a desert.

the middle east is from anatolia, syria and mesapotamia(iraq) in the north. Down to arabia and yemen to the south. Iran and even Afghanistan to the east and could sometimes involve egypt in the west aswell.

sorry buddy, no matter what u think, Turkey is most definately a middle eastern country. if ur talking geography. theres nothing wrong with that!

Either your a slave to what MADE-MAN
Or your a slave to what MAN-MADE
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2005 at 06:37

hmmm... nice question/thread....  answering you I would  say Arabs...

And another yes, that is Arabs and Turks are so simmilar... sometimes{not always though} you can't tell who is who... Let alone they both mixed with other poeple{and each others}... 

However, Turks  later had lots of affectes on Arabs...

sorry, if I confused you even more arkadas..

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2005 at 09:43
Alright, I was in a hurry and I made a mistake, sorry...   

Well, if Lebanon's geographical conditions are different from the Middle Eastern countries', then yes, Lebanon is not (geographically) Middle-Eastern too.
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2005 at 16:48

By the way, Im laughing at you, not with you.

D.J. Kaufman
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2005 at 17:03
Anyway, there is a major difference between Turkey and Lebanon.

Lebanon is located in the center of the Middle-East.

I think Turkey can be considered as a Middle-Eastern country for historical reasons.
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2005 at 17:22
Middle eastern is not a club so you can be a member! Turkey considered middle eastern for geographical reasons means Turkey is a middle eastern country.culturely a little too yes which there is nothing wrong with it.
"When one hears such music, what can one say, but .... Salieri?"
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2005 at 17:28
Originally posted by Barış

Anyway, I don't think Turkey is geographically Middle-Eastern, because Middle-East is simply a desert.

can you define geographically?

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2005 at 17:45
Well, you know climate, environment, flora etc.

There is a traditional definition of the Middle-East; it contains Anatolia, Mesopotamia, Iran, Egypt. I think this definition is correct; but when we are talking about geography, Turkey is not similar to the others.
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2005 at 18:40
you're right about climate it's not middle eastern however it can be considered middle eastern due to its location
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>