Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Practice Game Diplomacy 1600--DipAE02

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Practice Game Diplomacy 1600--DipAE02
    Posted: 09-Nov-2005 at 15:17
Thanks Rider....and we all know who that was!!!!   

Edited by morticia
"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Nov-2005 at 12:49

Yes, you were... ofcourse... but only in what points. I got three centers and that was almost the best. Poland got three aswell and there were the tricks....

Too bad that someone didn't get any.

Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2005 at 12:26

Those were thanks to Jalisco

Saw my tactics on the last round? I was stockpiling the armies

We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2005 at 11:01
the storm invasino would take a lot of time from that position. YOu had two availiable armies and notihng too large except those three misunderstood armies on the islands.
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2005 at 04:21
My scandinavian foe had really saved himself out of a great trouble and storm invasion
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2005 at 18:14
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2005 at 18:09

[QUOTE=Maju] Didn't Denmark build an army? Why did you put a fleet there instead?
[/qoute]

Oops, uploaded the wrong image

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2005 at 16:50
Didn't Denmark build an army? Why did you put a fleet there instead?

The funny thing about this building season is how marime powers have mostly (with the exception of England) built armies and land powers such as Poland and Russia have started building up their navies.

Tremble, Ottomans... you're lucky that the game doesn't continue.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2005 at 13:51
The march of Time:

Spain and France are in a state of war. England sends help to the French shores; but for whom? The East seems stable, but tensions begin to build up. The Ottoman and Russian Empire have disagreements over their borders. Poland has been silent about its neighbors conflict, but silently moves to secure his border with the Ottoman Empire. The Scandinavian states are poised for major conflict with each other. The big mystery for this year is the Habsburg Empire; no one seems to know what it will do.

From the Russian Press: His Majesty the Tzar of All Russias, founding quite annoying the Turk threat on the Black Sea and the Caucasus, has decided to create the Imperial Navy of the South with base at Voronezh. We won't let those Turks invade the Motherland. Ein Reich, ein Volk, ein Tzar!

Denmark:
Build A Vestlandet

England:
Build F London

France:
Build A Paris
Build A Provence

HabsburgEmpire:
Build F Croatia
Build A Bohemia

OttomanEmpire:
Build A Greece

Poland:
Build F Cracow
Build A Warsaw
Build A White Russia

Russia:
Build A Moscow
Build F Voronezj

Spain:
Build A Castille

Ownership:

Denmark:   Holstein, Jutland, Zealand, Scania, Vestlandet.
England:   Scotland, Ireland, Wales, London.
France:    Savoy, Paris, Gascony, Burgundy, Provence, Lorraine.
HabsburgEmpire: Western Hungary, Bohemia, Austria, Croatia,
            Bavaria.
OttomanEmpire: Egypt, Anatolia, Constantinople, Greece,
            Azerbaijan.
Poland:    Bessarabia, Transylvania, Prussia, White Russia,
            Warsaw, Cracow.
Russia:    Central Asia, Crimea, Voronezj, Moscow, Novgorod.
Spain:     Flanders, Naples, Castille, Granada, Portugal.
Sweden:    Finland, Estonia, Stockholm, Bergsl*gen.
Unowned:   North Africa, Serbia, Venice, Rome, Netherlands,
            Bremen, Pomerania, Brandenburg.
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2005 at 16:16

It was me as an amateur I think but I sent it to Hugo many hours ago

we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2005 at 13:27

Originally posted by morticia

Hear ye! Hear ye! France is no longer up for sale! After careful consideration, "Queen Henri(etta)" has decided to keep her steady rule on France.

Glad to hear that

ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2005 at 12:02
Whom should that be? I hope that you post the new game as soon as it is possible?
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2005 at 16:27
I am lacking the build orders of one player. I am hoping to get his build soon tonight.
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2005 at 15:03
Hear ye! Hear ye! France is no longer up for sale! After careful consideration, "Queen Henri(etta)" has decided to keep her steady rule on France. After all, there is always the possibility of conquering the entire continent of Europe! So, guess I better put on my heavy-armored jacket, grab my shield, and keep my sword close at hand to protect myself from the "stabs"... somehow, I feel like my ruling days will end with many stab wounds, just like Caesar!
"Morty

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2005 at 14:04
Morty: just read carefully the following articles and try to apply some of their ideas to your game:
Anyhow, as a friend of mine likes to say: the important thing is to take part and have fun. So don't worry and take it easy. I'm sure that you won't have any major problem and that you will take at least Savoy in the first year of the new game.

Of course I can take over France (and Spain) but I'm pretty sure other players won't be enthusiastic about it. We would surely have the War of French Succession -

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2005 at 04:30

Originally posted by morticia

Easy for you to say, Maju! Now I am really scared!

I'm putting up a FOR SALE sign for France (for the real game)! Any takers?

Of course - if I could have England AND France ....but I guess no-one will let me.

morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2005 at 19:50
Easy for you to say, Maju! Now I am really scared!

I'm putting up a FOR SALE sign for France (for the real game)! Any takers?

Edited by morticia
"Morty

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2005 at 17:33
I was under the impression that it was all more clear. I actually never said it (now that I check) but Rider did:

Originally posted by rider

But fro convoying to work, morticia, you should aswell know that:

A ?????Bar???? - Stockholm

F Stockholm - Baltic Sea

or else it will not work and on the next turn:

A Stockholm - Prussia

F Baltic Sea convoys A Stocholm - Prussia.

I also thought that the actual center mentioned was Pomerania, not Prussia. Anyhow, would you have asked I would have suggested it.

The important thing, now you will be getting the idea, I hope, is to conquer new centers (and defend the ones you already own). The more centers you have, the more troops you can mantain. If you have more centers than units when the Winter comes, then you are entitled to build; if you have more units than centers, then you have to disband some.

Anyhow, you did a very nice convoy. Though inmediate useless, could have had some implications, in the sense that you are well deployed to attack Russia (would the trial-game continue) but, apart of more complex analysis, the basic important thing is to conquer centers: that's the way you grow in military power.

Remember that you only conquer centers in the Fall, what you occupy in the Spring is not of any use unless you are still there after the Fall turn.

Other important matters may be balance of power, strategic positions even if they are not supply centers, who you trust, who you should actually trust, etc.

One important thing is that only one wins, so be particularly wary of those powers that are too strong. It's not just a fair race for who gets most centers but also a game of treacherous stabs and creating dificulties for the rivals, specially those that are a danger for your victory.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2005 at 14:37
Maju: you must have me confused with someone else. This is what you asked me to do, and I complied:

Posted: October 20 2005 at 7:20pm | IP Logged     
Hopefully the year-round micro-game will have most of these situations. We will definitively move around and build at in the winter turn. Supports are likely to happen but if you want to try order the following:

A Finland - Ingria
A Estonia supports A Finland Ingria

" can then order A Novgorod - Ingria and you win the battle (2 vs. 1). This is a good example of support.

Convoys are less likely to happen. But it is up to the players that have fleets. In any case they can't happen before the fall, because fleets must be in sea provinces to be able to convoy. Order F Stockholm-Baltic Sea, and I'll tell you how to convoy in the fall."

Not having heard anything further, I convoyed to Livonia! How come I don't get Livonia? Wassup with that?

"Morty

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2005 at 14:08
I told you should have taken Pomerania. 

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>