Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cossacks II

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cossacks II
    Posted: 16-Oct-2005 at 16:28

Has anybody ever played this game before? It is an RTS that has very good graphics and requires at least 512MB RAM(768MB RAM recommended). You can fight as Britain, France, Russia, Austria, Egypt(Ottoman Empire, but when did anybody care about history?), and Prussia. Here are a few screens.
French National Guard

Cavalry Charge!

Skirmish on a bridge.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2005 at 12:23
I played the demo version of it few months ago.

The graphics are not that good, especially when compared with AOE.

Some historical elements are inaccurate. Ottoman Empire which was based on Istanbul (Turkey), is shown as Egypt.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2005 at 13:38

Well. Cossacks series has always published history better than others (atleast better than any AOE). It's graphics are quite same with AOE III except with that shading but it can be compared to Imperial Glory easily. I would say that this game is quite fond of history as the Egypt was chosen because Egypt was more or less an autonomous territory and Napoleon's forces had much more conflicts with 'Egypt' than with 'Ottoman Empire'...

And I bleieve you could mount dragoons and unmount them here?

Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2005 at 19:36
I didn't hear about unmounting dragoons, but I think you can. I also heard that the Brits get bagpipes for the Highlanders. I do agree with what you are saying about Egypt-Ottoman Empire, but couldn't they add the Ottomans as a neutral faction?

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2005 at 19:58
Come on, I don't care who Napolean fought against. They added Egypt with the Turkish flag. That's ridiculous!

Edited by Barış
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2005 at 20:09
I agree with that though, that was something stupid.

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2005 at 06:36
Well, it seems they cared whom Napoleon fought against. This choice is very wise for me it seems so atleast.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2005 at 09:54
What about the flag?
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2005 at 16:13
I have that game and its unfortunately really bad. and no, Dragoons can't dismount and there are no bagpipes.
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2005 at 16:03
I wouldn't say really bad, but it is mediocre. In another version you do get the Highlanders to play bagpipes. I like the RTS mode because I can use these elite Egyptian groups like partisans.

Post Reply Post Reply