Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Diplomacy variants

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diplomacy variants
    Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 04:18
There is no UAB but there is Egypt and Turkey... I don't like it especially. But we could play it.
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 08:45
So,shall we open the topic to find a GM and some players, rider?
We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 11:41
Well, you open it and choose the map. 
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 08:55

Maju,

what do u think of this one?

http://1814congressofvienna.tripod.com/

ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 11:30
Two is a good start for such a map. I would like that the Archangel army would be a fleet but that is no my call.
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2006 at 06:00
New for me.

My first impression:
  • 6 powers is too much of an even number. I would say it may favor a stalemate by naturally forming blocs of 2 or 3
  • I hate the idea of Gibraltar being a center. I like forcing a British fleet there at the start, I may even like the idea of having off-the-board SCs to represent colonial economic input but I hate Gibraltar treated lightly.

I would modify the game: add Denmark-Norway, Sweden and Spain as 2 SC powers, making the big ones larger. I would also radically change the policy of unowned home SCs. I'd introduce minor powers.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2006 at 07:17
I was thinking something like this:

Where squares are armies and squares with slash are fleets.

Most minor powers have their own forces and are subject to influence voting, however some measures should be made regarding the Muslim/Christian divide, so North African states are more prone to work with Turkey and never against it in any case.

I wonder if the Cisalpine Republic (Milan) should be considered mere French territory.

Victory could be achieved by alliances provided that only one superpower is in them: England, Austria, Russia or France (and not more than two small powers).

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2006 at 11:30
Only Sweden lost FInland to Russia in 1810.
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2006 at 14:55
It did?

Anyhow this game would start in 1799 or 1800, when Napoleon returns from Egypt. 1810, would be an advanced stage in the game.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2006 at 08:11
Hello all.

I am recruiting for 2 variants of my own design.  Western World 901 and Conquest of the Americas.

For those unfamiliar, Western World 901 has powers ranging from Persia and Khazaria in the east, to the Danish Vikings and the Umayyads in the west.  Basically the same as standard rule-wise, but with holding neutral armies and Chaos builds.  Bigger than Standard, but a little less dense (and less so than the earlier play-tested version, as well, and rebalanced to help some of the Powers), so more freedom to maneuver. 

My latest variant, Conquest of the Americas, features a scramble for the new lands in the Western Hemisphere, with all players starting on equal footing with fleets off the coast.  Chaos builds, High Seas provinces to allow for free movement, and a much less-dense map than Standard, which will lead, I believe, to an extremely fluid game (and you get to name all the provinces you discover-LOL).

Contact me at zendip18 AT optonline DOT net if you're interested in either or both games.

Links to the variant home pages, and maps:

Edited by David E. Cohen - 31-May-2006 at 08:14
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12