Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rome Total War Babarian Invasion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rome Total War Babarian Invasion
    Posted: 14-Dec-2005 at 07:54
Originally posted by Zagros

I am waging a campaign of terror in Europe.  I have taken all of the middle East, Egypt and the caucasus and turned them all into zaroastrians and have sent five sooped up armies into europe, taking cities, replenishing my forces, then destroying every building and leaving to the next place.

I like Sogdian warriors

I was wondering, did CA(Creative Assambley) made Sassanid units historical accurate or there are many big imprecision?

BTW i think that CA should extend campaign map, because to start playing with Sassanids is realy hard: they have too few provinces, which doesn't reflect the real Sassanid Empire rivalry with Roman Empire.
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2005 at 08:15

Originally posted by axeman

Well your pc is not the fastest but it should be good.
If your RAM is 1 Gb then it is more than good
Well Videocard memory seems too low for RTW game, but also very esential is your videocard's speed. 64 mb vidoecard is in the RTW minimum requirement.
Other minimum requirements include:
    processor speed -- 1.06 GHz or higher
    8 x speed CD-Room Drive
    RAM 256 mb

So, I should be ok with everything. But the videocard speed may be an issue, I have an Internal DAC 400 Mz, MOBILITY RADEON X300, but I have no idea what does it mean...

The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2005 at 10:42
Originally posted by Yiannis

So, I should be ok with everything. But the videocard speed may be an issue, I have an Internal DAC 400 Mz, MOBILITY RADEON X300, but I have no idea what does it mean...

Well neither do i have spesific knowledge of Videocard's speed, my videocard is 128 mb Radeon X800 and the game runs fine.
I think that game will work on your pc, if not then it will be a very good reason to buy new videocard

CA HAS JUST RELEASED NEW PATCH FOR ROME:TOTAL WAR - BARBARIAN INVASION. IT FIXES SEVERAL BUGS AND UPGRADES GAME VERSION TO --> RTW TO 1.5 AND BI TO 1.6.
here is a link to download page

Edited by axeman
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2005 at 11:21
I am still considering to make my own modification project for RTW: BI. I gathered information on timeframe from 500 to 800(starting year would be 500. A.D).
I had a full list and drawings of units which i want to include in my mod for almoust every faction. The hard coded limits for provinces are 200, and i managed to get that nummber in my map, which includes also central Asia.
The number of factions in my mod is 20(this nummber is also hard coded), it includes: Roman Empire, Ostrogoths, Visigoths, Vandals, Gepids, Franks, Saxons, Langobards, Britons, Western Slavs, Southern Slavs, Sassanid Empire, Alans, Avars, Bulgars, Khazars, Gokturks, Hepthalites, Arabs, Berbers.

But i had to realise that making this mod is very hard and time consuming job, too much for one modder: me.
I am moving very slow making the mod, unit models, and editing campaign map, this could take year for me.
So if there is any very good modder who can make this project(i have started to hate all that ancient time warfare), i would be very glad to provide him with the quantity of information which i have gathered: basicly unit paintings and map of provinces.
It would be very great to play this mod if it will be finished at some point of time: Justinian conquest for former Roman Empire teritory, Arab conquest and spreading islam, maybe you can save Sassanid Empire from collapsing, Frank Empire expanding, battle for Britain between Britons and Saxons and various Turkic tribes' conquests.
BTW i havent decided the name for this mod.

Edited by axeman
Heraclius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Heraclius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2005 at 13:13

Ive been having so much fun playing the WRE on H/H, i'm terribly disappointed by the chosen for the end of the game, its barely 100 from the start date of 363 .

I think a time period of 500 to 800 would be brilliant Axeman, total war has done both sides of those dates, this period in history is brilliant. A few years after the destruction of the western empire, the established kingdoms of the Germanics in Italy, Spain and Africa, the continuing wars with the Persians and Byzantium, the arrival of the Arabs and the continuing migrations of eastern tribes made it a very action packed and unpredictable age.

Also ending in the crowning of Charlemange and the revival of the western empire. Great period to choose.

A tomb now suffices him for whom the world was not enough.
cg rommel View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote cg rommel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2005 at 09:27
well that doesnt sound bad.... as long as they inclusde us (slavs).....

anyway BI wasnt bad, the franks own with the francisca guys.....
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2005 at 11:41
Hello, I am new here but have been reading for the past few days seeing as I am interested in Ancient History, and I have been thinking about buying this game for a while but know nothing about computers, just know we have a pretty good one. On the computer itself it reads the following:

3.20 GHz
Intel Pentium 4 processor with
Hyper-Threading Technology

512 MB
PC3200 DDR SDRAM memory

160 GB
7200RPM Ultra DMA hard drive

ATI Radeon 9200SE
AGP 8X Graphics Card with
128MB DDR Video Memory
and TV out

Will this run the game smoothly without any problems?
< ="text/">ZwXxso(1,"var SymTmpWinOpen = window.open; window.open = SymWinOpen; ZwXTimeout('enableDesignMode()', 20);; window.open = SymTmpWinOpen;");
cg rommel View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote cg rommel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2005 at 12:07
for games the video card is the most important to run it smoothly, so get a better one, so youd have a killer pc.....
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2005 at 13:08

There are Slavs in barbarian invasion.  You can play them I think if u unlcok the code (easy to do).  Otherwise they appear as invaders by some sort of trigger in the game, same witht he Roman-British.

And the Sassanid army I am happy with, except for the fact that they have no light cavalry. Soghdian warriors are a new one on me, but I guess they were just added to give them infantry balance.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2005 at 13:10
Originally posted by axeman

I am waging a campaign of terror in Europe.  I have taken all of the middle East, Egypt and the caucasus and turned them all into zaroastrians and have sent five sooped up armies into europe, taking cities, replenishing my forces, then destroying every building and leaving to the next place.

I like Sogdian warriors

I was wondering, did CA(Creative Assambley) made Sassanid units historical accurate or there are many big imprecision?

BTW i think that CA should extend campaign map, because to start playing with Sassanids is realy hard: they have too few provinces, which doesn't reflect the real Sassanid Empire rivalry with Roman Empire.

I became allies witht he Sarmatians I let them pick up the provinces I abandon.  But I am now at war witht hem because they got tired of me trying to give them cities.  How stupid is that?

Heraclius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Heraclius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2005 at 14:14

The AI seems to struggle with the concept of diplomacy more than it ever did (which is an odd achievement in itself) you can offer absolutely brilliant terms such as territory, alliance, trade and even a subsidy and the AI will still refuse. Even if they have no real army and 1 province left .

I'd starting to think diplomacy is bugged with the WRE when the player is in charge, in 70 years of playing as the WRE H/H I havent had one ceasefire accepted or alliance gained, no matter what the situation. Its ridiculous, the Berbers seem to prefer bankruptcy to peace and security . The ERE seems to prefer losing its main trading partner for the sake of blockading Tarentum  ack!

cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2005 at 14:28
Originally posted by cg rommel

for games the video card is the most important to run it smoothly, so get a better one, so youd have a killer pc.....

His card looks good to me...

"ATI Radeon 9200SE
AGP 8X Graphics Card with
128MB DDR Video Memory
and TV out".

He has twice the memory that mine has and the game runs great unless the battles are massive and I have my unit option maxxed-out.

Zagros, never fully trust allies in this game. The AI always carries an itch to attack its neighbors or ports.
Keep a buffer or solid forces on borders. I hate Sarmatians.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2005 at 14:36

lol, Yes I have not ever made one alliance except with the Sarmatians just so they could fill the void I left in Eastern and Central Europe, like I said, I landed five armies by ship and started to tear the place up (great fun).  I had no land borders with the Sarmiies and pretty much tried to make them a superpower just for fun, but they just refusaed to live life outside the box.

I left the ERE with only Constantinople, EVERYTHING around them was Sarmatian thanks to me. lol.

Ungrateful bastards.

Heraclius: I totally agree, if this game has a downfall it's def its diplomacy.  I am gonna copy and paste your post on the RTW forums, if you don;t mind, maybe they will consider how lame their diplomacy is,  I remember I had a Rome centred game for the Megadrive (can't remember what it was called) and the diplomacy in that kicked ass.

Edited by Zagros
Heraclius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Heraclius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2005 at 14:42

Feel free Zagros 

cg rommel View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote cg rommel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2005 at 17:14

There are Slavs in barbarian invasion.  You can play them I think if u unlcok the code (easy to do).  Otherwise they appear as invaders by some sort of trigger in the game, same witht he Roman-British.

And the Sassanid army I am happy with, except for the fact that they have no light cavalry. Soghdian warriors are a new one on me, but I guess they were just added to give them infantry balance.

looks like they appear in 410 in every game.... as a horde...
Heraclius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Heraclius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2005 at 17:21
 Both times ive witnessed the Slavs emerge theyve been destroyed the very same turn  where do they emerge exactly? what province?
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2005 at 17:51
Some mods i found for vanilla BI:

General bug fixer and game enhancer

Map improvement mod
Arrrgh!!"
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2005 at 18:12

patches 1.5 (rtw) and 1.6 (BI) are out.

I presume the Slavs appear somehwere around Poland or somewhere NE.

Edited by Zagros
cg rommel View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote cg rommel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2005 at 13:17
Originally posted by Heraclius

Both times ive witnessed the Slavs emerge theyve been destroyed the very same turn  where do they emerge exactly? what province?

strange..... i dont know the name of the province..... but its in the north ....

anyway they would usually settle in faul (WTF?) and then move to southern spain(huge WTF).....
Heraclius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Heraclius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2005 at 23:11

I think my game has got a bug in it, again the Slavs emerged in 410 and were destroyed the same turn 3 times in a row now.  I refuse to put that down to coincidence or impossibly fast reaction from the AI.

Any possible explanations?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>