Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rome Total War Babarian Invasion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rome Total War Babarian Invasion
    Posted: 08-Oct-2005 at 01:01
I still haven't gotten it. I'll wait a bit...

RAM or video card memory isn't so important as the video card's speed. 
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Oct-2005 at 10:31
My 128MB Nvidia running on my laptop handles it WAY better than my Geforce 4 256MB on my desktop.  Considering the game does not specify for graphics cards on the back but it does for ram and processor speed I  think that they are the primary variables on smooth running for RTW rather than graphix card.
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Oct-2005 at 11:27
Yeah, the box only specifies a 64 MB graphics card for RTW Vanilla.

Bishop View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Bishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Oct-2005 at 15:21
Originally posted by Emperor Barbarossa

Yeah, the box only specifies a 64 MB graphics card for RTW Vanilla.

Sure if you're willing to run it on the lowest graphics settings.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Roughneck View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Roughneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2005 at 03:14

Anyone else had this problem?

Since I've installed the expansion, I've had problems with both the original and BI.  In RTW I can't click on the Senate tab or the game closes.  In both, if I click on the scrolls for destroyed factions the same thing happens.  And in RTW all my games begun before the install when I load them it just takes me back to the opening screen.  A game that I began since then does load properly.  Anyone else have this, and if so, have they found a fix for it?

[IMG]http://img160.exs.cx/img160/7417/14678932fstore0pc.jpg">
Perseas View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Perseas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2005 at 05:27

Originally posted by Abyssmal Fiend

DDR is expensive because it's among the best kinds of RAM, and, oddly enough (at least from my experience), the least common. Hence, less supply, same demand, higher price.

Older types would have higher supply and less demand, so the prices would drop to insanely low points.

Looks like Greece is the only place where SDRAMs are costing more than DDRs. Its extremely easy to find a DDR now but thats not the case for SDRAM. Some months ago i exchanged my old 512 SDRAM with a 512 DDR and a 128 DDR.

A mathematician is a person who thinks that if there are supposed to be three people in a room, but five come out, then two more must enter the room in order for it to be empty.
El David View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote El David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2005 at 00:50

For those of u that have had this a while, what's your verdict?  I haven't bought BI yet but I have all the rest of the TW series.  I still like MTW the most.

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2005 at 09:39
I'm liking it mostly, don't regret buying it thats for sure.
There are some things i don't understand though. Why didn;t they just make it a different scenario playable from the same single player menu? Like in MTW?
Why two seperate exe files for them?
Thats my biggest beef, all the little stuff can be modded.

Incidently, has anyone actualy managed to earn the night battle ability yet?

Edited by Cywr
Arrrgh!!"
Heraclius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Heraclius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2005 at 21:10

I'm getting BI in a couple of weeks for my B'day  but before I can play it I need to upgrade certain things on my PC.

I have only 256MB of RAM which im going to increase 2 or 3 times over so thatll be okay, but I dont know if I should upgrade my graphics card which is a NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX 420 with 64MB of video memory..... having no clue whether or not that is good or not, I was wondering if any of you would know whether or not this gfx card would be alright with BI and such?

Even if I get the amount of RAM im planning on getting will the game run smoothly as it should?

A tomb now suffices him for whom the world was not enough.
Arpad View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Arpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2005 at 00:02
my laptop equivalent tyo a p4 3.2ghz, has 512mb ram and a 128mb x700 ati graphics card, and the game runs soooooo nicely. Sassanid is soo much better than parthian i used to remember how i hated it the eastern infantrymen who were so crap, they would run away as soon as they knew they were going to loose, and the hilmen werent much better.. However the sassanids levy spearmen fight to the death and same with the sughdiands...BTW for fun i pitted the sassanid general against other generelas and the sassanid was the strongest.
Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Suspended

Quote Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2005 at 00:39
Well if you were playing as the sassanid general, than chances are that you have the advantge over the AI controlled generals.
Slasher View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Slasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2005 at 10:26
I have 512 ram and 128 Radeon and it runs slow once i got it on Huge numbers but that is only when both armies are on the screen, not too terrible, but I looooove my huge setting.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2005 at 10:34
For those wanting to get the max out of their performance, i've found the following.
Unit Size, Terrain detail, Unit Detail and Building detail, are all largely CPU issues. So if you have good CPU but bad graphics card, crank those up high and leave the rest on low.
Memory would probably be a factor as well, but i have only 256mb of memory, and some of that is taken by the intergrated graphics card, yet i can use high or even highest on those settings, and low on everything else, and the battles are generaly very smooth (though it takes like 3 minutes to load them up ).
Screen Resolution is a blend of both CPU and graphics from what i gather. Also, if you don;t have the appropiate sound card, don't use EAX hardware mixing, as that will slowthings down, though i guess how much of a difference it makes depends on your machine, i notice a slight difference on mine.

Edit: i think Terrain detail maybe be big on memory, so if you are weak there, keep it on medium or something.

Edited by Cywr
Arrrgh!!"
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Nov-2005 at 03:34
The wierdest part in BI is that noone want's to make peace or ceasefire with you. So I don't have any choise but to destroy them.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Nov-2005 at 08:52
Yup, which remoces one source of income (the old, demand 5000 for peace, have them accept, only for them to attack you the next turn, kick they arse, rinse and repeat).
Arrrgh!!"
The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2005 at 19:08
I can't seem to fine BI in Canada. Is it in Canada in certin stores?
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
AlbinoAlien View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote AlbinoAlien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2005 at 22:09
i have a gforce 5600... it runs alright.. but not as smooth as i would like.
people are the emotions of other people

(im not albino..or pale!)

.....or an alien..
Jazz View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Jazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2005 at 01:48
Originally posted by General Pompeius Magnus

I can't seem to fine BI in Canada. Is it in Canada in certin stores?

I saw it in a Electronics Boutique store (www.ebgames.ca)

Still have not gotten it yet.....
The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2005 at 10:09
okay i'll try that store
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
Gavriel View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Gavriel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2005 at 20:19
i have a Gforce 6600 with 125mb of ram,with 2gig of memory,the game runs fine for me even with the formations set to huge.
I dont know where some of you guys are buying your RAM from but $200 seems a bit much,i paid 47 for a 512mb stick.
Im not liking BI too much as i prefer to play as 'Rome' and these new Christian romans are all pussie.I did one campaign as the Franks but it was finished before i really got started,you only had to take 20 provinces or something,i was no were near Rome.
cant wait till the RTR team MOD it.

Edited by Gavriel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>