Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rome Total War Babarian Invasion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Bishop View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rome Total War Babarian Invasion
    Posted: 03-Oct-2005 at 18:51
I've been playing for about two weeks now, and I have to say I like it allot.

The AI is much smarter, for one thing. I was assulting a town with an army twice the size as the AI had. He attacked outside the town, then retreated. I thought wow, this is new. Then he counter attacked me from the hill with his archers on top of the hill firing down on me. His general lead the charge and my army routed! I didnt have time to flank his position, by the time I moved to the flanks the center was routing, so I sent my flank attack to the center, and pretty soon my whole army was routed.

Needless to say I am much more careful now, battles that were so easy to win before are considerably harder. You have to really pay close attention, and it's much harder to get those heroic victories.

The game runs much smoother as well, my game with 6.0 ran very choppy. It really feels like a new game, they changed so much it doesnt even feel like the same game. The map is different, the factions are different, the AI is better, and the game runs better. I havent fought a night battle yet, im really looking forward to that.

I give the expansion two thumbs up

Edited by Bishop
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2005 at 22:04
I saw it today for 19 pounds. I want it, but at the same time, i can wait for it to get cheaper (plus i havn't played the plain original one that much as its a bit slow on my computer).
Arrrgh!!"
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2005 at 19:51
How much RAM do you have on your computer Cywr?

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2005 at 21:42
256 mbs IIRC, but no graphics card.
I play the standard one, but the game progresses slowly, so i havn't finished many campains, i guess i'll get more out of it before i go barbarian.
Arrrgh!!"
Bishop View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Bishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2005 at 22:36
Originally posted by Cywr

256 mbs IIRC, but no graphics card.

I have an old Radeon 64 meg video card I cant even give away. And a 32 meg card that I cant remember what the hell that thing is.  Most people dont know what to do with them so they just collect in my closet.

How much would it cost to ship  from the US to Sri Lanka? If it's not to much I'll ship them to you. I'm not sure if I have the drives on a cd, but it shouldnt be to hard to find them online. These cards are so old if I had the cd's you would still want to update them.

Edited by Bishop
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2005 at 22:52
This computer has an intergrated graphics card, which as i understand, complicates the matter of installing a seperates graphics card. And the shipping cost would only be to the UK, but thanks for the offer all the same.
I intend to buy a new computer in the near future anyways so.
Arrrgh!!"
Bishop View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Bishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2005 at 22:56
I had a computer with video on the board years ago. I dont remember having any problems disabling it and installing a video card in an avalible PCI slot.

As long as it's not a priatory system you shouldnt have any problems.

See what I mean I cant give the things away. I spent over 300 dollars on these cards, and I cant even pay people to take them lol.
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2005 at 19:39
I got a 128 MB NVIDIA for free with my Dell. The 256 RAM I hope to update to 512 soon.

Abyssmal Fiend View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Abyssmal Fiend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2005 at 20:06
I probably spent 300 USD upgrading my RAM over the past three months. I had a miserable 128 (Running Rome on THAT is brutal), then upgraded to 256, then to 512. I also got a 256 MB Video Card, Some Radeon, which is why it's so much higher than the individual RAM.

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2005 at 20:16
How much does 256 RAM cost?

Shogun
Shogun

Quote Abyssmal Fiend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2005 at 20:32
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E168201455 22

Just go $200 for a gig or shop around some more. But make sure you're buying the right type. I ordered DDR before and wasn't compatible.

Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2005 at 20:38
$200? I know a kid who got the same RAM I want for $15.

Shogun
Shogun

Quote Abyssmal Fiend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2005 at 21:06
The price difference is absurd when you jump up a level, no matter who you buy it from. I'd say go for that because you can get a gig, and if your computer can't handle a gig, you can always just use 512.

Search around NewEgg. I got my 256 for like $30, counting shipping.

Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2005 at 21:08
I will go to BestBuy and get RAM. They are tons cheaper than $200!

Bishop View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Bishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2005 at 22:29
It all depends on what type Ram you are buying ie sims, dims. The Ram for my current computer is around 200 bucks for 512. Older Ram is considerably cheaper.

If you just clean up windows you can get a free Ram upgrade. My game was lagging all of a sudden, and I'm running 128 nvidia with 512 of ram on a 3200 AMD processor.

Im running XP so I started looking around in processes and found useless programs taking up over 100 meg of ram! One program alone was using 80 meg! I was so pissed, and deleting the app wasnt enough, I had to track the exe file itself and delete it.

BEcareful deleting things, I always did a file search on every app and never delete system files. If it says windows system file just leave it alone.

Shogun
Shogun

Quote Abyssmal Fiend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2005 at 02:30
DDR is expensive because it's among the best kinds of RAM, and, oddly enough (at least from my experience), the least common. Hence, less supply, same demand, higher price.

Older types would have higher supply and less demand, so the prices would drop to insanely low points.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2005 at 05:49
i have to say I have a 256MB card on my PC and 256ram and 2.6Ghz processor, on my laptop I have 512ram 1.83 processor and 128 nvidia and it runs A LOT smoother on teh laptop.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2005 at 08:01
Okh okh okh, just bought it, time to persecute some christians i think
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2005 at 19:34
Rome Total War is not that slow on 256 RAM and 128 MB NVIDIA.

vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Quote vulkan02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2005 at 22:42
i have 128 Ati Radeon  and around 1.2 Gigs of memory... im waiting if they gonna make the historical battles with great numbers so i really test it out.
The beginning of a revolution is in reality the end of a belief - Le Bon
Destroy first and construction will look after itself - Mao
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>