Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New "1600" Diplomacy game?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New "1600" Diplomacy game?
    Posted: 05-Oct-2005 at 12:27
Thanks, TheDiplomat.

This is the list that I have so far
Maju
JaliscoLancer
TheDiplomat
Morticia
gcle2003
rider
Emperor Barbarossa
Kapikulu

Have I omited someone? If so please send me a notice. If not, then we need one more person.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2005 at 14:16

We could do a trick. But firstly, say us if any of the preferences match?? I will scan all posts in this topic and I have few ideas. Like you did previously. ()

And the right order would be:

1. Emperor Barbarossa
  2. gcle2003
  3. JaliscoLancer
  4. Kapikulu
  5. Maju
  6. Morticia
  7. Rider
  8. theDiplomat

Now, we have 8 players and 9 states. Maybe we could start the practice campaign and I am sure that then few players will join anyways as observers. For now, you may have one observer take the place of the missing person.

gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2005 at 15:32
I think on reflection I'd like a predominantly naval power.
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2005 at 16:31
Let's try to get the ninth person within two days. If they don't appear, we will go ahead and start the practice game.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2005 at 09:16
So you mean for Sunday???
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2005 at 14:20

Originally posted by hugoestr

Let's try to get the ninth person within two days. If they don't appear, we will go ahead and start the practice game.

Today I told my diplomacy instructor of italian-american origin at university to join the game.He wanted me to inform him in early morning on Monday.Could you wait 1 day more?His participation could be very interesting.

regards.

Edited by TheDiplomat
ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2005 at 16:17
Ofcourse we can but to be honest we couldn't give him Russia and that is the very least. If he sadi that he will look into it then we will wait. Atleast, I would say that we would. I believe that hugoestr supports me on this.

I believe he is a very good player??
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2005 at 16:41
Yes, I think we can wait for him. Hopefully he will play. It would be interesting. Please ask him how much experience he has with the game of diplomacy. Then I will see if we should handicap him or not.

Since we are waiting for him, I think we should start next week, either Wednesday or Thursday.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2005 at 17:06
Maybe Mercredi and try to end for the next Mercredi??? And then on lundi or vendredi start with the next (real one) then people could have a weekend to make out good moves and try ot practice already some alliances.
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2005 at 18:55
Originally posted by hugoestr

Yes, I think we can wait for him. Hopefully he will play. It would be interesting. Please ask him how much experience he has with the game of diplomacy. Then I will see if we should handicap him or not.

To be a career diplomat doesn't mean that you will do better in a Diplomacy game... necessarily. Tactics (pawn movement/coordination) and strategy (geopolitical balance management) can be as important as the negotiation abilities. It's not so simple.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2005 at 04:36

He is playing..we can start the game...

He had never played this game before...this will be his first...so I suggest we shall better give him an easy country to rule out.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2005 at 11:02
Can I still join?
If so, I'd like to participate. I don't care which country I get.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2005 at 11:02

HALLELUYA!!! Did you tell him the address and where to look?

I hope that he will not be given any country that is near me, for I am quite aggresive on the second and fourth move...

hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2005 at 14:42
Could you please give me his email address, Thediplomat? I also need his preference list.

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2005 at 09:13
And i hoped we could start today. Hope we will be able for Wednesday.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2005 at 09:35
Ok,He is also a member now...His nick is Kilikya...he had posted on the intoruce yourself thrad.

hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2005 at 09:43
Kapikulo, are you still there? If so please send me a PM today. If I don't hear from you, I will put another player in your place.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2005 at 13:09

Mixcoatl seems to be interested. Maybe kapikulu can't get in now?. His last post time was.... well, i believe atleast that he doesn't visit the boards very often. he is member 86, registered in August 2004, and has 68 posts.

we'll see.

Edited by rider
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2005 at 12:00
Mixcoalt, could you step in?

I need the your preference list and that of one more player. You know who you are.

I will start the thread for the game latter today. If I still don't get preference lists by tomorrow, I will go ahead and grant countries to each player, leaving the rest remainders to the other players

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2005 at 13:47
 Ibelieve that he almost lost hopes in getting in so maybe a PM if not already done??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>