Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New "1600" Diplomacy game?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New "1600" Diplomacy game?
    Posted: 14-Oct-2005 at 11:41
Originally posted by gcle2003

Is that - Larson 2.8 - the version of the map we're supposed to be using?

I seem to have collected various versions of the map (Larson 2.4 from one link that was given, GS from another - I think the Realpolitik version...).

The differences are most obvious in Poland - is there a Warsaw? are there a Warsaw AND a Masuria, or just a Masuria?

I think we will be using the version that is available for Realpolitik, because it is the easiest way to play and GM. It's actually the one you can find at GraueSubstanz, which they declare to have modified the original Larsson's version for improved gameplay.

The GS infotext on 1600 says: As of writing this (16th of March 2004) the homepage seems to be outdated and doesn't reflect changes made in recent versions.

I trust that Frank Bacher has done a good job and his corrections are adequate.

Anyhow the decision should be taken by the GM (after hearing the players).

Edited by Maju

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2005 at 11:48

Your stripes are going the wrong way. This looks nicer from an Anglo-Scandinavian point of view:

Edited by gcle2003
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2005 at 14:36
Oficial preliminary notice from H.M. Philip III: the most Glorious and Christian Kingdom of Spain is open for talks with all European and non-European powers. Recent rumors about an alliance with France spread by the Duke of the Alpujarras are absolutely false. It has been discovered that Duke is in fact a Ottoman agent and has therefore been put in the hands of the Holy Inquisition, under the new anti-terrorist law, that provides for 5 years of detention and isolation without charges. He's now being rutinarily interrogated by the Dominican friars and we expect the proccess to continue its due course with a ritual burning on-the-stake to be celebrated in the Plaza Mayor of this town and court of Madrid in the year of our Lord 1605.

Philip.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2005 at 15:20

These colours you posted are very good for my practice game (i'm France).

TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2005 at 15:30

I see that in the original game emperor barbarossa replaced with another member because he is not around...

But he is to play in this game as well..he has already been appointed to be the ruler of poland...

what will happen?

ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2005 at 16:06
Let's look at the historical characters of this period:

Spain:

Phlip III reigned in Spain, Portugal, Naples and Sicily in 1598-1621

Philip IV, his son succeeded him.

Francisco Gmez de Sandoval y Rojas, Duke of Lerma was both kings' Valido (Chief Minister), until he was substituted in 1625 by Gaspar de Guzmn, Count-Duke of Olivares, a honest and hard-wroking but limited statesman.

France:

Henri III of Navarre and IV of France, originally a Huguenot but converted to Catholicism in order to inherit France (Paris is well worth a mass) was a very popular and tolerant monarch.

In 1610, his son Louis XIII (Louis I of Navarre) inherited both thrones. He revoked the rights and privileges granted to the Huguenots by his father.

His Chief Minister since 1616 was Armand Jean du Plessis, Cardinal Richelieu.

Ottoman Empire:

Mehmet III ruled the Ottoman Empire until 1603.

Ahmed I, his son, succeeded him until 1617.

Mustafa I reigned briefly in 1617-18 and later from 1622 to 1623. He was mentally retarded or at least psychologically ill. He was succesively displaced by:

Osman II (1618-22)

... and his brother Murad IV (1622-40)

Austria - Holy Roman Empire:

Rudolph II, Holy Roman Emperor, King of Bohemia and Hungary, Arhchduke of Austria (until 1612)

His brother Mathias succeede him until 1619.

More famous is Ferdinand II (1619-37), whose interventions in Bohemia caused the Thirty Years' War.

England:

Elizabeth I, the Virgin Queen, ruled England and Ireland until her death in 1603.

James I Stuart inherited her. He was initially King of Scotland (James VI). He died in 1625, leaving the kingdom to Charles I.

Poland:

Sigismund III of Poland, ruled this country from 1587 to 1632. Briefly also King of Sweden, he tried to regain his rights to that throne and unify both crowns.

Russia:

At the start of the Century, Russia was inmersed in the Time of Troubles (1598-1613), in which several tsars ruled for short periods in the midst of civil wars and conspirations.

Boris Godunov, born a simple boyar (low nobility), ruled until 1605, when he was briefly replaced by his son Feodor II, who was assasinated in a coup.

He was (also briefly) replaced by the first False Dimitry, an imposter, supported by Poland.

Vasili IV, a descendant of Novgorodian princes, succeded him in the period 1606-10.

After a troubled interregnum of three years, finally...

Mikhail I Feodorovich Romanov ruled Russia until 1645

Sweden:

Charles IX, ruled first as regent and later as king, from 1599 to 1611

Gustav II Adolf (Gustavus Adolphus), the Lion of the North, son of the former.

Denmark:

Christian IV ruled Denmark from 1588 to 1648.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2005 at 16:52
Philip wrote:
"Recent rumors about an alliance with France spread by the Duke of the Alpujarras are absolutely false. It has been discovered that Duke is in fact a Ottoman agent and has therefore been put in the hands of the Holy Inquisition..."

Mon Dieu!!!!...how could the Duke deceive me so!!!! That means no "nooky" for him tonight. I have no tolerance for such behaviour! I shall have his head on my "plate" for supper! So says

Henri(etta)IV of France!!
"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2005 at 17:28
Red tape interferes with the wishes of our French neighbour. The inquisitorial process requires that all due procedures be applied to the suspect before trial. The process will last exactly 5 years, as the law and the Domincan Order requires. After trial we expect that no head will be left... but we can send you the ashes and a copy of the process.

Fray Torquemada will keep you updated on the details as the suspect starts confessing.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2005 at 05:09

You may have noticed that in the map I posted there are a couple of uncoloured areas.

You will just have to accept that somewhere in there is a little village in which there lives this little guy with the big fat friend who was dropped into some kind of elixir when he was a baby....

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2005 at 06:01
It would be so cool if actually a partition would be made between three cities and territories would be left as a flag would come out...
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2005 at 14:18

Thanks Maju for the historical charecters..

Now I know all these faces I will either ally or confront.

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2005 at 15:34
Ofcourse we will overthrow them and step as their governors but no one knows of this plan.
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2005 at 09:26
Last call:

I a missing some emails. If I don't get these by tomorrow, I will ask other people to take over your countries.

morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2005 at 10:56
Bon jour (Good Day)Hugoestr:

I just want to make sure that you received my e-mail. I certainly don't want anyone else taking over my country...VIVA LA FRANCE!!!!

"Morty

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2005 at 13:39

Bonjour is written together... have you got my e-mail??? I will send something in confirmation to be sure-. and it is definetly working.

Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2005 at 13:43

Let's get the game started.

hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2005 at 15:23
I am still waiting for two emails.
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2005 at 15:47
Couldn't you say who they are? Just in case they sent one, you didn't get it, and they think you did?
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2005 at 16:11

one...one thousand
two...one thousand
three...one thousand
four...one thousand
five...one thousand.........

ARE WE THERE YET??????

(Not that I want to rush anyone, but I am getting a little excited at the thought of conquering the ENTIRE WORLD!!)

Oh wait!! wrong game...this is just conquering EUROPE....piece of cake!

Edited by morticia
"Morty

Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2005 at 09:32
You have no chance for the fact that TheDiplomat also is in the game

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>