Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rome TW locks up at changing turn.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rome TW locks up at changing turn.
    Posted: 16-Sep-2005 at 18:23
This is really annoying I've been playing for awhile now and when i hit end turn sometimes it would freeze but the music would still play and when i waited like a min it would unfreeze.  Now it is freezing and the music plays but all video and mouse movement freezes.  It wont even let me minimize the game unless i do cnrtl alt delete.  HELP PLEASE!!
Thegeneral View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2005 at 18:27
The same thing happened to me, and the one thing I could do to fix it was to re start.  It really bothered me but the saved game file was corrupt.
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2005 at 20:18
Are you playing as Bactria?

cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2005 at 20:37
Is there some particular bug with Bactria you have encountered Emperor?

How much ram are you using m1a2u2... also, what kind of name is that?
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2005 at 21:05
I heard of a bug that every four turns you play as Bactria, the game freezes.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2005 at 21:31
no im playing as rome and im runing 1 gig of ram.  Its really weird.  The only thing i can think of was that i used a program to alter the money value but it has been playing fine with that up till now.
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2005 at 06:59
What faction are you playing as?

Thegeneral View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2005 at 09:19

He had said Rome.

I had the same problem.  It would freeze up when I pressed the continue turn button.  The only thing I could do was delete the game.  Maybe something else will work for you though.

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2005 at 10:59
Happens to me once in a while, typicly whilst computing the Rebel's move (or just there after), worst thing is that the autosave will just keep bringing it back.
Best to save manualy every turn or two, and reload that one if it ever happens.
Arrrgh!!"
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2005 at 14:33
Even in MTW, I manually save atleast every 5 turns or so. You never know when a corrupt game file will pop up.

Have a game spanning over 200 years and have not had any freezes as Rome. Most of the freeze problems people encounter are suppose to be fixed in 6.1.

Btw, RTR is the most played mod for the Total War series being downloaded over 200,000 times!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2005 at 15:50
OK so your saying if i go to one of my manuel save it should correct the problem?
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2005 at 17:58
It should allow you to restore your game in once piece should the problem happen again.
Arrrgh!!"
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2005 at 02:19
it worked!!! thanks guys!!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2005 at 11:43
Thank god I stumbled on this forum.  I'm having the same problem and was beside myself.  I was so upset I deleted the entire game from my system.  Now I can reload it and try it again. 

Thanks guys.
 Post Reply Post Reply