Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1.25 Billion USD new Expansion to Prophets Mosque in Madina

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1.25 Billion USD new Expansion to Prophets Mosque in Madina
    Posted: 09-Sep-2005 at 07:49

Saudi to spend 1.25 billion dollars expanding Muslim shrine

RIYADH (AFP) - Newly crowned Saudi King Abdullah has allocated 1.25 billion dollars for expansion work at the Prophet's Mosque in Medina, Islam's second holiest site, official media said.

Abdullah, who acceded to the throne of the oil-rich kingdom after the death of his half-brother King Fahd on August 1, ordered that the expansion work started at the holy place be completed at a cost of 4.7 billion riyals.

The work includes the construction of courtyards, roads, car parks and tunnels.

Under king Fahd, who became monarch in 1982, Saudi Arabia spent more than 100 billion riyals (around 27 billion dollars) on expanding and upgrading Islam's holiest sites in Mecca and Medina to accommodate millions of worshippers and pilgrims.

here is a picture how the Mosque looks like now.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20050820/wl _mideast_afp/saudiislam_050820174515

Edited by azimuth
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2005 at 14:06
Mecca has become big business today The Saudis are making a fortune!
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2005 at 20:43

Originally posted by CyrusII

lol if Makkah is a big business then it can only discribed as the worst business ever because its a failur, the Saudi government is spending much much more money for the Service of the Great Mosque than its earning from Makkah.

these Money are from the Saudi Oil, not from any other busniess.

Heraclius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Heraclius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2005 at 22:09

Looks absolutely beautiful in that kind of light it has to be said. Could hardly get much bigger though could it, its huge already.

A tomb now suffices him for whom the world was not enough.
ill_teknique View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote ill_teknique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2005 at 00:52
Originally posted by azimuth

lol if Makkah is a big business then it can only discribed as the worst business ever because its a failur, the Saudi government is spending much much more money for the Service of the Great Mosque than its earning from Makkah.

i dont think that the spending on the masjid is in any way haram or a buisness venture
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2005 at 01:29
more than 5 million tourists visit Saudi Arabia every year for umre (visiting holy lands) but it's not a big deal for saudis, if it was Turkey would get richer.  15-20 million tourists visit Turkey every year.No offence but Saudis should thank God every minute for giving them the oil, otherwise I don't know what would they do.
"When one hears such music, what can one say, but .... Salieri?"
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2005 at 02:00
Originally posted by ill_teknique

i dont think that the spending on the masjid is in any way haram or a buisness venture

its not Haram or anything wrong with it, i was just replaying to CyrusII who thinks that these money Saudis has are from the City of makkah's Business

i think he dont know what is he talking about, since the Prophet mosque is in Madina not Makkah and what people spends in Those cities are for thier own residence and living no extra is paid for anything else , the Saudi Government is paying for the services and the big maintenance of the Grand Mosque and the Prophet's Mosque and Millions of free meals in the Month of ramadan.

Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2005 at 04:45
WOW! That IS sumptuous. Simply jaw-dropping in the scope of its magnificence.
Colonel
Colonel

Quote ill_teknique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2005 at 19:17

Originally posted by ill_teknique

its not Haram or anything wrong with it, i was just replaying to CyrusII who thinks that these money Saudis has are from the City of makkah's Business

i think he dont know what is he talking about, since the Prophet mosque is in Madina not Makkah and what people spends in Those cities are for thier own residence and living no extra is paid for anything else , the Saudi Government is paying for the services and the big maintenance of the Grand Mosque and the Prophet's Mosque and Millions of free meals in the Month of ramadan.

yes akhi im thinking the same. i still do disagree with their actions and the oppulence they live in without actually giving to the umma as much as they should. now that is haram to have hundreds of palaces while there are thousands of muslimah suffering.
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2005 at 23:06

yes i know and i said that before that the saudi ruling system is not that good specially to the population.

anyway i think i may make a new thread about the Mosque and its History and some of its pictures.

Colonel
Colonel

Quote ill_teknique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2005 at 23:20
i cant wait till i have the chance to go to mekkah and maddina, hopefully insha'Allah in a couple of years i'll be able to go on hajj.

Edited by ill_teknique
 Post Reply Post Reply