Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

who do you think is the Most Intersting Arabic Caliph?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Poll Question: Who do you think is the Most Intersting Arabic Caliph?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [18.52%]
7 [25.93%]
10 [37.04%]
1 [3.70%]
1 [3.70%]
1 [3.70%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [3.70%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [3.70%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: who do you think is the Most Intersting Arabic Caliph?
    Posted: 27-Aug-2005 at 06:51

ok i'll try to write a brief Biography about each one.

1- Abu Baker (Al Seddiq= The Honest)   The First Caliph of Islam from  632 AD to 634 AD, Declared War against all Who rebeled in the Arabian Peninsuala after the Prophet Mohammed's death , by that he Stabilised the Raising Empire. Abu Baker was Burid beside the Prophet in Madina inside the Prophet Mosque.

2- Umar I (Bin alkhatab, AlFarooq, Amir Almuemineen = the Leader of the Belivers) the Secound Caliph of Islam from 634 AD to 644 AD, Most of his Famouse Acheivements are  the Conquests of Mesopotamia, Persia (Ending the Persian Sassanids Empire), Conquests of Egypt, Palistine ( Jerusalem), Syria, Parts of North Africa ( beyond Egypt) and Armenia. Umar was Burid Beside the Prophet and Abu Baker in Madina inside the Prophet Mosque.

3-  Ali ( Bin Abi Talb, Amir Almuemineen = the leader of the Belivers) the 4th Caliph of Islam ruled from 656 AD to 661 AD, Cousin of the Prophet, First Imam for the Shia and the 4th of the Rightly Guided Caliphs to the Sunnies. at his reign the Empire was divided and Ali's Athoritiy was only in the Arabian Penisnsula and Iraq and he moved the Capital of the Caliphate to Kufa in Iraq. Ali was Buried in Najaf in Iraq.

4- Muawiyah I ( Bin Abi Sufyan) Founder of the Ummayad Caliphate and moved the Capital to Damascus , Ruled As Ummayad Caliph from 661 AD to 680 AD, Fought Caliph Ali and assumed the Caliphate after Ali's assasination ( the fight was about the 3rd Caliph Uthman who was assasinated and Muawiyah Demanded Ali to surender the Assasins of Uthaman ..etc )

5- Al Walid I ( Ibn Abd Al Malik ) the Ummayad Caliph from 705 AD to 715 AD, his most famouse Achievements are the Conquests of the rest of North Africa and AlAndalus ( now Spain and Purtugal ), Transoxiana and Sind ( north India ) also he builded the Ummayad Great Mosque in Damascus and built hospitals, educational institutions and measures for the appreciation of art.

6- Abu Al Abass  ( AsSafah = Blood letter or the Mass murderer ) was The Founder of the Abbasides Caliphat and ruled as a Caliph from 750 AD to 754 AD, called Assafah because he killed and almost all the Ummayad Royal Family except the once who ran to AlAndalus.most of his reign was to take controle of the rest of the Ummayad provences.

7-  Al Mansur ( Abu Jaffar ) the Secound Abbasids Caliph from 754 AD to 775 AD,  During his reign, literature and scholarly work in the Islamic world began to emerge in full force, supported by new Abbasid tolerances for Persians and Other Groups who were treated with Racisim under the Ummayads. Al mansur Founded Baghdad as the new Capital of the Abbasids.

8- Harun Al Rashid  ( Aaron the Upright in english ) was an Abbasids Caliph ruled from 786 AD to 809 AD, one of the most famouse Arab Caliphs under his rule Baghdad flourished into the most splendid city of its period.

9- Al Mamun ( Abu Jafar ibn Harun ) Abbasids Caliph ruled from 813 AD to 833 AD son of Harun al Rashid, he established the House of Wisdom which was about Sceince and Transialtions and descoveries and at his period the Abbasids Empire reached its Zenith.

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2005 at 08:56

Hz. mer. "Justice of Hz mer " is a known  phrase at Turkey. He is also a good fighter, and a humble man. I think most Turk will prefer Hz. mer and Hz. Ali

Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2005 at 09:52

The cousin of the prophet(pbuh) Ali (pbuh).

Ibn Hisham, the well known historian, writes:

"'Ali b. Abi Talib was the first man to believe in the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him and his family, to pray together with him, and to affirm the veracity of that which God gave him, although on that day he was a ten year old child."

While everyone else sat voiceless and silent, he arose courageously and affirmed his acceptance of the Prophet's call a second time. Thereupon the Prophet turned to the assembly and said:

"'Ali is my brother and legatee and my successor among you. Obey him, follow him, and pay heed to his words."

The hero of Bader , Uhed,Alahzab and the destroyer of Khaybar no one in companion could match him.

"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2005 at 09:58
Azimuth you mentioned Ali without achevement and the good thing ,the empire divided who divided it and why if you fair you must mention some of his bravery in the rise of islam when abu baker and omer and uthman fled from batlle fields
Khalid Bin Walid
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2005 at 09:59

Ahmed, cant you glorify Hz. Ali without accusing others?

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2005 at 10:09

Originally posted by Ahmed The Fighter

Azimuth you mentioned Ali without achevement and the good thing ,the empire divided who divided it and why if you fair you must mention some of his bravery in the rise of islam when abu baker and omer and uthman fled from batlle fields

well he ( Karam Allah Wajhah) is one of the Most respected people in Islam after the Prophet PBUH, he fought some battels at the begining of his Reign which was 5 years,

iam in noway denying his Bravery and achievements in the Rise of Islam however i was talking about what happened at his Reign and that was the start of the division of the two Sectors of Islam Shia and Sunnah.

and iam not claiming that he was the reason for that, it wasn't his fault, that happened because of the Assasination of 3rd Caliph Uthman and Muawiyah's Demand of  Caliph Ali to Surrender those Murderers,  so its Most likely Muawiyah's fault for not being patient about that.

Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2005 at 10:20
Originally posted by Mortaza

Ahmed, cant you glorify Hz. Ali without accusing others?

Sorry,I made a mistake
Khalid Bin Walid
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2005 at 10:22

Thanks, and We love Hz, Ali, and we know his doings. We know he left at Mecca for protection Prophet himself, and at that times he was just a child.

I am sure Azimuth respect to Hz Ali, is not less than other caliphs like Hz. mer or Hz. Ebubekir

Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2005 at 14:28
With no doubt Harun ar-Rashid!
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2005 at 14:32
I've been reading on the different Caliphs, trying to find my personal answer to this poll and actually I don't find any of them very interesting. Too religious for my taste. Don't you have any libertine Caliph or something that could be more curious to meet? 

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2005 at 14:51

well from the 9 in the poll there are 4 who i consider not religious

Muawiyah I founder of the Ummayad

Al walid whos in his  reign Ummayad Became the Largest Empire in History at that point.

Abu AlAbass founder of the Abbasides nicknamed Mass killer  (As Safah) wasnt religous at all, i think if he lived littel longer he was  gonna take all Europe  he is like an Islamic version of Gengis Khan.

Al Mamun whos at his reign the Abbasides reached its maximum strength and power, he wasn't religious and many Religion scholars hated him .

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2005 at 16:15
I'll go with the first three after the prophet.
HulaguHan View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote HulaguHan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2005 at 01:02

Ali...

A good person, a fierce warrior, and off course cousin of Prophet Mohammad and his real successor...

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2005 at 04:46

Cousin of the Prophet PBUH  yes but his real successor  yes after AbuBakr, Umar and Uthman not Before them.

Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2005 at 07:28
Originally posted by HulaguHan

Ali...

A good person, a fierce warrior, and off course cousin of Prophet Mohammad and his real successor...

I agree HulaguHan.
Khalid Bin Walid
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2005 at 07:32

Ali...

I agree by his sowrd islam survive.
Khalid Bin Walid
Iranban View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Iranban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2005 at 13:11

I think Ayatollah Khamenei is the most interesting Caliph alive

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2005 at 06:17
Originally posted by Ahmed The Fighter

Ali...

I agree by his sowrd islam survive.

I also agree with it. Hazrat-i Ali was more than a caliph. And about Muawiyah, he shouldnt be judged as a real caliph at all. Ummayad Caliphate betrayed the Islamic teachings in my opinion.

kotumeyil View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote kotumeyil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2005 at 06:40

Ahmed, does the script in your avatar mean "Ya Ali, meded! =

Help me/us Ali!" ? I can read very little in Arabic script...

[IMG]http://www.maksimum.com/yemeicme/images/haber/raki.jpg">
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2005 at 10:32
Originally posted by kotumeyil

Ahmed, does the script in your avatar mean "Ya Ali, meded! =

Help me/us Ali!" ? I can read very little in Arabic script...

Excellent,That is right
Khalid Bin Walid
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>