Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

First All Empires Diplomacy game AEDip01

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 24>
Author
Thegeneral View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First All Empires Diplomacy game AEDip01
    Posted: 06-Sep-2005 at 17:41

Tell me again why I chose Germany, who is smack dab in the middle of the entire battle?!?! Oh yeah...

Me and my pride!

Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2005 at 19:07
Originally posted by Maju

Austria:
A Bud - Rum
F Tri - Alb
A Vie - Tri

Austria:
A Budapest - Serbia
F Trieste - Albania
A Vienna - Trieste

I'm a bit confused, why have you moved the Hungarian army to Serbia instead of Romania?

poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2005 at 19:27

Special Report from Burgundy Press:

The valiant French 1st Army rests in the summer at Burgundy to prepare for a tour of the Bavarian countryside.  The soldiers eagerly await the moment they can seek more intimate relations with big, blonde, muscled Bavarian women.  They expect a warm welcome from the big bosomed Bavarian fruits.

"We expect the peace loving Bavarians to welcome us with open embraces," comments Jaques Monier, special corps engineer for the 3rd regiment.  "Le Marseille for all!"

The army is very optimistic about the chances of obtaining a hearty welcome from the beloved Kaiser of Germany.  It would be another step in the tight bond that seals Franco-German relations.

Edited by poirot
AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2005 at 19:42

oh damn

Edited by Zagros
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2005 at 20:14
Originally posted by Temujin

Originally posted by Maju

Austria:
A Bud - Rum
F Tri - Alb
A Vie - Tri

Austria:
A Budapest - Serbia
F Trieste - Albania
A Vienna - Trieste

I'm a bit confused, why have you moved the Hungarian army to Serbia instead of Romania?

You're right. I adjudicated wrongly. I'll send the correction inmediately (though this is going to be even more difficult for your replacement, I think).

The adjudication and maps have also been corrected in this thread.

Edited by Maju

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2005 at 20:50
Originally posted by Thegeneral

Tell me again why I chose Germany, who is smack dab in the middle of the entire battle?!?! Oh yeah...

Me and my pride!

Yes, Central Powers are more difficult... the require more solid diplomacy. The easiest one is France but al edge powers but maybe Russia have the fortune of being somhow protected against a corner.

Don't let that put you down and persuade the others of how important is that Germany plays a role for this or that always important reason. If nothing else, its central position make Germany more interesting for the skilled diplomatist and is a rather strong power with good victory statistics.

Read this article: http://www.diplomacy-archive.com/resources/god/five.htm

Playing Germany is not easy: it requires skill and subtlety. But the time will come when you savour the marvellous sensation of being allied to everyone, dominating the play, knowing in almost every detail what each seasons moves will be before they happen. This is the way to play Germany, and theres nothing else quite like it.

(The rest of players can read their respective powers' articles by Richard Sharp at: http://www.diplomacy-archive.com/god.htm, don't say that I'm a favoritist GM )

Good luck.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Bishop View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Bishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2005 at 02:20
Temujin it's bad enough you fled the country right before hostilities broke out. Now you speak out against you're homeland weakening her position even worse!

I thought I was dead in the water with the first position. I can't see surviving the first year with the second.

Temujin, you betrayed you're countrymen! Now you sit in Cuba smoking you're fat cigars as we fight to our inevitable death.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2005 at 07:39
Originally posted by Bishop

Temujin it's bad enough you fled the country right before hostilities broke out. Now you speak out against you're homeland weakening her position even worse!

I thought I was dead in the water with the first position. I can't see surviving the first year with the second.

Temujin, you betrayed you're countrymen! Now you sit in Cuba smoking you're fat cigars as we fight to our inevitable death.

C'mon, don't be derrotist: Austria is a solid power if not attacked by all flanks at the same time. If Italy is not supported and you play half-well, you could get them fleeing in a 1-2 game-years. And I'm thinking of at least one power (maybe two) that are normally not interested in Italy doing too well.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2005 at 17:25
Tsar no more; long live Comrade Tzar!

The Tsar is pleased to announce that it has preemptively declared Russia a Communist state. The Tsar will be known from now on as Comrade Tsarwe are now all equal. He has stepped down from the crown to give the soviet power over the country.

The newly formed Soviet has decided to elect Comrade Tsar to become its leader. He refused several times, but was finally swayed by the will of the people.

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2005 at 17:47

I don't think my people would apreciate taking Germany back to Nazism.  Although it may help win!

But for now, the Iron Chancellor welcomes the new government of Russia.  Pardon, the Soviet Union.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2005 at 18:49
I think it's too early to let Mussolini seize power in my country, he's only 17, I think I'll wait a few years.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2005 at 19:26

Washington Post:

A republican plot was recently uncovered in Ankara by Ottoman intelligence, details are as of yet unclear, however, reports from the Anatolian mainland tell of a mass purge (by decapitation) of Army officers ordered, and some say carried out, by Sultan Zagros himself, among them the alleged mastermind, Kemal Atuturk.

Edited by Zagros
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2005 at 21:06

Special Report:

The French delegation of alliance to the Ottoman Empire has been hijacked in the Mediterranian, near the Tunisan coast.  It is speculated that modern Barbary pirates have kidnapped the French delegation in an attempt to put pressure on the Ottoman Empire.  The French Presidentcondemns the hijacking, calling it terrorism, and urges the Italian fleet in the Mediterranian to enter Tunisia to counter the terrorist bases there.

AAAAAAAAAA

Bishop View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Bishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2005 at 22:58
Austrian press; Der Standard - news from Austri

The 30 year rein of the war mongering King Temujin,  has officially ended. Temujin himself  is currently in exile in Cuba where he will live out the remainder of his days. The Temujin incursion into  Romanian has been condemned by the new Democratic Austrian government.

"We intend to keep our army in place due to civil unrest. And will remain until order is restored." says the new Chancellor Der Slickmeister Bishop

Edited by Bishop
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2005 at 06:33
Originally posted by poirot

The French Presidentcondemns the hijacking, calling it terrorism, and urges the Italian fleet in the Mediterranian to enter Tunisia to counter the terrorist bases there.

The Italian minister of war responds:
We were just planning to do that, thank you for providing us with a lame justification!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2005 at 17:05
Also it might interest to you that I've intervened in Liechtenstein and replaced the monarchy by a republic. Henceforth Liechtenstein shall be known as the Most Serene Republic of Liechtenstein, and will be in a military alliance with the Kingdom of Italy.
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2005 at 17:40

Special Report:

Geneva - A four country meeting between the French President, The German Kaiser/Chancellor, the Russian(Soviet) Comrade Tsar, and the Italian Primer Minister, concluded in a jovial agreement to continue working toward the welfare of all European countries.

The world leaders have agreed to found the International Red Crotch, an international neutral organization dedicated to the libidos of all soldiers in the frontiers.  The most beautiful and sensual girls from all over Europe will be recruited to provide first rate service to sex starved soldiers in the Eastern and Western Fronts. 

"This is an united effort to improve the conditions of our barracks," commented Jean Jaques Le Pont, the French Foreign Minister.  "We must see that all troops get proper treatment as they fight for their countries."

Monsieur Le Pont added that France will build up to ten first rate brothels around the borders to cater to the needs of its soldiers.  The brothels will be staffed with "volunteers" and "social workers" from the International Red Crotch.

The standard Red Crotch uniform will be a nurse's uniform, with hem about two inches below the crotch and very low cut to show plenty of cleavage.

Further plans on the joint effort to promote sexual welfare in the barracks will be discussed and finalized within the coming days.

The Standard International Red Crotch Uniform

Edited by poirot
AAAAAAAAAA

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2005 at 17:43

German News Alert:

The former minister of diplomatic relations and military has taken control of Austria.  Panic has been to a minimal and the government of the new Fueher of Der Fourth Riech promises nothing shall change from this point on.  "We will continue on without the former German" said Der Fueher at a press conference releasing the distressful news.  The new Reichfuehere has stated that no military actions will be pushed toward Austria for this "act of betrayal from the high levels of government".

On the brghter side of the news, Denmark has welcome us with open arms.

hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2005 at 09:21
Comrade Tsar wants to thank the French Republic for its great recruitment effort for the I.R.C.
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2005 at 21:06
Here is the adjudication.

No retreats required.

Winter 1901 deadline (adjustments) will be Wednesday 23:59 or as soon as I get all your orders.

La gazette de Genve:
  • Vienna taken by the versaglieri. The Italians also land in Tunis but fail in their "liberation" of Istria and Dalmatia.
  • French and Germans divide the Low Countries, Britain, excluded, signs alliance with Norway.
  • Germany intervenes in Sweden and rejects the Russian invasion. Russians achieve control over Romania anyhow and invade Austrian Galitzia
  • France occupies Spain among protests.
  • Austria and Turkey clash in Greece. Greek nationalists happy that no one could get in.
  • The Austrian army abandons its Romanian pretentions and conquers Serbia instead.

Fall 1901 Adjudication
:

Orders as written:

Austria:

A Rum- Serb
A Tri S A Rum- Serb
F Alb- Greece

England:

My moves are Fleet Norwegian Sea-Nor, /A Wales-London, /Fleet North Sea-Hol

France:

1.Army in Burgundy moves to Belgium
2. Fleet in English Channel supports Army moving from Burgundy to Belgium
3. Army in Marsilles moves to Spain

Germany:
A-Kiel-Hol
Rurh-support-A-Kiel-Hol
F-Denmark-Sweden
Italy:

A Tyrol - Vienna
A Venice - Triste
F Tyrrhenian Sea - Tunis

Russia:
F GULF of BOTH-SWE
A WAR-GAL
A URK-RUM
F SEV S A URK-RUM
Turkey:

a bulgaria - Greece
a constantinople - bulgaria
f ankara - constantinople

Orders as adjudicated (all unmarked orders succeed):

Austria:
F Albania - Greece (*Bounce*)
A Rumania - Serbia
A Trieste Supports A Rumania - Serbia (*Cut*)

England:
F North Sea - Holland (*Fails*)
F Norwegian Sea - Norway
A Wales - London

France:
A Burgundy - Belgium
F English Channel Supports A Burgundy - Belgium
A Marseilles - Spain

Germany:
F Denmark - Sweden (*Bounce*)
A Kiel - Holland
A Ruhr Supports A Kiel - Holland

Italy:
A Tyrolia - Vienna
F Tyrrhenian Sea - Tunis
A Venice - Trieste (*Fails*)

Russia:
F Gulf of Bothnia - Sweden (*Bounce*)
F Sevastopol Supports A Ukraine - Rumania
A Ukraine - Rumania
A Warsaw - Galicia

Turkey:
F Ankara - Constantinople (*Fails*)
A Bulgaria - Greece (*Bounce*)
A Constantinople - Bulgaria (*Fails*)

Please check for any errors.

No retreats required. Status is as follows:

Ownership:

Austria:   Budapest, Serbia, Trieste.
England:   Edinburgh, Liverpool, London, Norway.
France:    Belgium, Brest, Marseilles, Paris, Spain.
Germany:   Berlin, Denmark, Holland, Kiel, Munich.
Italy:     Naples, Rome, Tunis, Venice, Vienna.
Russia:    Moscow, Rumania, Sevastopol, St Petersburg, Warsaw.
Turkey:    Ankara, Bulgaria, Constantinople, Smyrna.
Unowned:   Greece, Portugal, Sweden.

Adjustments:

Austria:   Supp  3 Unit  3 Build  0
England:   Supp  4 Unit  3 Build  1
France:    Supp  5 Unit  3 Build  2
Germany:   Supp  5 Unit  3 Build  2
Italy:     Supp  5 Unit  3 Build  2
Russia:    Supp  5 Unit  4 Build  1
Turkey:    Supp  4 Unit  3 Build  1

Operations Map (Fall 1901):

Current Map (Winter 1901):

Remember that the sooner I get all build orders, the sooner we will go on with the new Spring turn.

Edited by Maju

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 24>