Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AE-Dip-00. Training Diplomacy micro-game.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AE-Dip-00. Training Diplomacy micro-game.
    Posted: 19-Aug-2005 at 20:05
We have finally a full rooster of players to play a diplomacy game. We are starting the training game (AE-Dip-00) now.

The players are:
  • Austria-Hungary: Thegeneral
  • England: Pikeshot1600
  • France: Emperor Barbarossa
  • Germany: Hugoestr
  • Italy: Zagros
  • Russia: Poirot
  • Turkey: Mixcoatl 
These are not the assignements for the true game (AE-Dip-01), but just for the training. I wanted everyone to train with a different power so these first practice moves don't have any significative effect in the game later on.

This is the map as Spring 1901, that starts now:

The deadline for Spring 1901 is 00:00 GMT August 23 (or if you prefer: 23:59 GMT August 22). i encourage sending preliminary sets of orders: dont wait till the last minute to send yours in, please: you can send as many different set of orders as you want (the later arriving will anulate the previous ones). I will send confirmation receipts as soon as I recieve the orders.

In the training game, we will only play the year 1901, winter included. No winners and no losers... just a little bit of practice.

Enjoy.

Edited by Maju

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2005 at 20:11
Map with names:

Notice that: Lpl=Liverpool, Hol=Holland, Hel=Heligoland Bight, Pie=Piedmont, Ven=Venice, Tus=Tuscany, Rom=Rome, Nap=aples, Apu=Apulia and Alb=Albania.

Also, though it's not noted, Bulgaria has two coasts: EC and SC.

Remember that Switzerland as well as the unnamed islands as Sicily or Ireland and the Caspian Sea are impassable!

Map with oficial Realpolitik abreviations:

Edited by Maju

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2005 at 20:16
For the curious, the assignements for the true game AE-Dip-01 will be as follows:

• Austria-Hungary: Pikeshot1600
  • England: Emperor Barbarossa
  • France: Poirot
  • Germany: Thegeneral
  • Italy: Mixcoatl
  • Russia: Hugoestr
  • Turkey: Zagros

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2005 at 20:36
w00t, I got England!

poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2005 at 23:30

Vive la France!

AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2005 at 01:17
I think that everyone that had clear preferences got what they asked for. 

Now let's start the practice and make sure that everyone feels familiar with the mechanics of game.

You have till monday to send your Spring orders but you better send them today and if you later change your mind, send another set. You can send as many orders' sets as you feel you need to: the last set to arrive will be the valid one.

If some other person wants to join as observer and possible replacement, feel welcome. PM me with an email adress, so you recieve the same adjudications as the actual players. You can also follow the game in this thread and the future one for the true game, starting soon!

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2005 at 07:05
First, very important, question has arosen:

How do I raise new armies?

As you already know Spring and Fall are regular turns, when you order your troops and try to capture or defend territory. Well, any neutral or foreign supply center that you occupy at the end of the Fall season (or what is the same: at the start of the Winter season) is annexed to you. It doesn't matter if you occupy it in the Spring, what matters is what you have at the end of the year.

Each year you can have as many units (armies + fleets) as supply centers (SCs) you own. As you can see in the map you all start with 3 supply centers and 3 units, with the exception of Russia that has 4 of both. Take notice that those centers you start with are home centers, that is: the only ones where you can build new troops.

If at the end of any game-year, in Winter, you own more SCs than units you have on the board, then you can build (raise) new units in any vacant home center, as much as the difference between owned SCs and units on the board.

If in Winter, instead, you have more units than SCs, the you must disband those excess troops that can't be supplied anymore.

Winter season is only used to order builds or disbands, collectively called adjustments. There are no movements in Winter.

Examples:

1) Germany has occupied Holland and Denmark at the end of Fall 1901. He has lost no other center. His count is now 5 SCs and has only the 3 units he started with. Germany therefore can build 2 new units. His orders for Winter 1901 could be something like

Build F Kiel
Build A Munich

(assuming that Kiel and Munich are vacant: there can never be more than one unit in any province)

2) Italy has failed to conquer anything and (worse!) has lost Venice to a treacherous Austrian attack. Italy's winter count is of only 2 SCs but has 3 units too. Therefore Italy must order to disband one of his units at will. His Winter orders could be like this:

Disband A Apulia

(assuming he has one army in Apulia)

It is not very normal that you lose territory the first year, as there are so many undefended neutrals to take, but it can happen. So keep your guard high.

If the player that must disband fails to send his Winter orders, the GM will proceed with automatic diband according to the rules. I would have to check but I think it is:
  • Units farther from owned SCs are disbanded first
  • If the units to disband are found only in SCs, those in non-home SCs are disbanded first
  • In case of tie, fleets are disbanded prioritarily
  • In case there's still a tie, by alphabetic order of the province

Remember that your 3 home SCs (4 in the case of Russia) are the only centers where you can build, so they are the most important for you. This also means that you will want to have some of them without troops when the Winter comes, so you can use them to build.

Notice also that to acquire a center you must occupy it in the Fall. Occupying centers in Spring and vacating them in the Fall gives you nothing.

Example:

In Spring 1901, France orders A Marseilles-Spain.
In Fall 1901, he orders A Spain-Portugal.

This means that France has occupied Portugal but Spain remains independent. Asuming that France has failed to conquer anything else but has lost nothing as well, France will be entitled to one build in Winter 1901.

Edited by Maju

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2005 at 09:18
Now I have a question:

Have all the 7 players recieved my mail announcing the training-game start? It seems that at least one player hasn't. If that's your case, please PM me.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2005 at 09:47
I have received your mail.
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2005 at 02:10
Originally posted by Mixcoatl

I have received your mail.

Good. In the case mentioned it had been filtered as spam.

Well, anyhow, you and two others haven't yet submitted your orders. I will send a reminder tonight advising of only 24 hrs. left and I hope to have all sets in before the deadline.

In the training game, powers that have not sent orders will simply be declared No Move Recieved (NMR), and the player will still have a chance of playing the fall and winter turns.

In the real game though, I will be benevolent and try to get the orders in even after the deadline (hope this is not necessary often). If the player doesn't reply, I will have to declare NMR. I will send each NMRing power an ultimatum: if he replies in a reasonable time and is willing to continue with the game, fine... but two consecutive NMRs will yield to expulsion and search of a replacement. I think it's more than fair.

I will try to make up special rules for NBRs (No Build Recieved), as this is what most destroys the ability of a given power to continue being playable after a replacement. Any vacant "mercy position" with 2 or 1 SCs only will probably be declared in Civil Disorder (as for the rules).

We need observers (potential replacements)!

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2005 at 20:05
24 hours. for the first deadline. Two sets are still missing.

One seems to be having problems with his email and has asked to resign for that reason but, while I prefer to be sent orders and anything related to the game directly to my mailbox, using the PM feature is perfectly valid, specially in a case like this. Besides, we have no replacemenst so far, so I ask everybody to remain for the sake of the game.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2005 at 14:51

sorry, i was away for some time and didn't noticed this thread. I would like to participate ASAP (I'm half-way experienced).

Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2005 at 16:30
I got the mail.

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2005 at 00:11
Spring 1901 Adjudication (all orders unless marked otherwise succeed):

Austria:
A Budapest - Rumania
F Trieste - Adriatic Sea
A Vienna Hold

England:
F Edinburgh Hold
A Liverpool Hold
F London Hold

France:
F Brest - Picardy
A Marseilles - Spain
A Paris - Burgundy

Germany:
A Berlin - Silesia
F Kiel - Holland
A Munich Hold

Italy:
F Naples - Tyrrhenian Sea
A Rome - Venice
A Venice - Tyrolia

Russia:
A Moscow - St Petersburg
F Sevastopol - Black Sea
F St Petersburg(sc) - Gulf of Bothnia
A Warsaw Hold

Turkey:
F Ankara - Armenia
A Constantinople - Bulgaria
A Smyrna - Constantinople

No retreats required.

Spring 1901 moves

New map: situation at the start of Fall 1901.

La Gazette de Genve (neutral press):
  • Italy decided to conquer all the Italia Irrendenta. Trento is annexed... but the alpini have also reached Innsbruck and Salzburg. "Just in case", declared an speaker of the Ministry of War.
  • Ottomans intervene in Bulgaria "to protect the Turk minority".
  • The German Navy takes positions in Amsterdam. Dutch government protests in vain.
  • France, decided to defend the independence of Belgium, makes joint military exercises with the Spanish army in Badajoz.
  • Russia prepares to quell a Finnish rebellion and threatens Sweden and Norway.
  • The Austro-Hungarian Army takes Bucarest a in attempt to quell Romanian irredentism. But the Italian invasion gets them off guard.
  • The United Kingdom in deep political crisis, seems unable to take any action as Europe heads to war.
Other press: none War censorship has closed all newspapers?!

Deadline for Fall 1901: 6:00 am GMT, Thursday 25.

Edited by Maju

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2005 at 00:16
Originally posted by Temujin

sorry, i was away for some time and didn't noticed this thread. I would like to participate ASAP (I'm half-way experienced).

Temujin: excelent. We need someone to replace Pikeshot1600. You will be in charge of England in this training microgame and of Austria-Hungary in the true game to start inmediately after.

I'll PM you with my email adress and requirements. Once I get your confirmation, I'll write to all players with the new rooster and email adresses.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2005 at 05:42
Yes, I just didn't think Italy looked complete without Tyrolia.
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2005 at 10:20
The German Government Calls for World Peace

The German government is asking Europe to come to peace talks to end this war by the Fall of 1901.

"Can't we all get along?" asked the Kaiser lovingly.
Thegeneral View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2005 at 14:52

Since when has Kaiser ever said anything "lovingly"?

Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2005 at 15:38
Yeah, the Kaiser seems like more of a hater than a nice guy. Look what his father did to Poland.

Thegeneral View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2005 at 17:02

And besides, the Kaiser is gone, and in his place is Des Feuher.

Heil the fourth Reich!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>