Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Online Strategy Game Fall of Rome

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Online Strategy Game Fall of Rome
    Posted: 18-Aug-2005 at 10:58
I did a search of the forums, to see if Fall of Rome was already listed here, so as to avoid creating a duplicate thread, but I didn't find one. So, I decided to create one, and I hope that was all right.

Fall of Rome: A New Kind of Online Strategy Game

Imagine your favorite multi-player board game played online with no waiting for the other players to decide what to do, no rules debates, and with more excitement and intrigue! This is what Fall of Rome (www.fallofromegame.com) sets out to provide and enhance. A new kind of online strategy game for twelve players per game, Fall of Rome is set at the dawn of the Dark Ages on a map of old Europe. Each player is king of a barbarian tribe of the time, such as Attila the Hun, King Arthur of the Celts, or Alaric of the Visigoths. The game features battles, politics, covert actions, economic growth, but more importantly tension, intrigue, and deep strategy. This is rendered through a java applet with intuitive GUI. Fall of Rome is turn based, with each player submitting a dozen or more varied commands each turn, with turns due every three days. A game lasts no more than 24 turns, and top scorers are immortalized forever in Valhalla. Since it is true (turn based) strategy, rather than RTS, each Fall of Rome game is a battle of wits and skill - not reflexes. Each game brings new strategies, situations, and unexpected events. It is now offered with a free 30 day trial: give it a whirl.

Edited by MaximusDominus
 Post Reply Post Reply