Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rome Total War: Barbarian invasion demo released

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rome Total War: Barbarian invasion demo released
    Posted: 09-Aug-2005 at 23:12
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2005 at 23:17
This isnt fair.. im really rapped up in the RTR mod.

If you give it a go, please post your thoughts!
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2005 at 23:43
I'm a bit busy tonight so I'll play more tomorrow.

It's interesting - better than the RTW demo. There are some more battle features like shield wall and shilitron. Veteran MTW players will appreciate morale status such as "unhappy that friends are routing".

There are lots of more units. There's one called Hounds of Houlin (or something), and scorpions on chariots.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2005 at 01:46

How possibly can a scorpion lead a chariot? And I believe it is Schiltron...

But otherwise it is good? I believe that someone somewhere said that the Huns had a phalanx or Schiltron?

Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2005 at 10:28
yeah the demo is pretty good as a teaser.

The Scorpion chariot (ballista carriage) is devastating. I didn't like the unit concept.
SulcataIxlude View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote SulcataIxlude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2005 at 22:00
The briton berserker like guys in the king arthur battle are great.
http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=dalesan
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2005 at 02:26

Ahh, probably it is actually KING ARTHUR units and RTW campaign mao and someone who is a bit cleverer told them the possible factions.

I saw the preview of some Catholic Monks wielding maces, some time age in the CA homepage.. weird actually what CA can do.

Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Suspended

Quote Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2005 at 17:05
I guess they ran out of ideas.
Heraclius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Heraclius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2005 at 17:51

That ballista carrier was insane, I killed 10% of the enemy with it.

The AI was abit suspect but its a demo so I suppose isnt accurate for the whole thing (I hope).

A tomb now suffices him for whom the world was not enough.
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2005 at 18:14
What day is it coming out ?
http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
Thegeneral View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2005 at 19:08
The demo was nice, although I had some major glitches with it.  Such as trees being in the sky.  Or all of my units routing after I chose to continue killing off enemies.  Odd...
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2005 at 20:34
I think the game will be great. It seems like the horse archer fire on the move bug has been fixed, and cavalry has been toned down.

My favorite thing to do in RTW is wiping out the romans, and I think BI will have plenty of that!

Thegeneral View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2005 at 21:06
Lol, I did find the apreviation a little... different.  But I liked the Romans, but I like them even more as Chatholic far right wingers
Heraclius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Heraclius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2005 at 21:29
 Dont know about catholic priests being units on the battlefield though  perhaps a tad unrealistic.
A tomb now suffices him for whom the world was not enough.
Raider View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2005 at 05:40

I think phalanx mode is abolished. What could the shield wall mode do?

Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2005 at 07:28
Originally posted by Heraclius

Dont know about catholic priests being units on the battlefield though  perhaps a tad unrealistic.
Lol, I heard about that to. Creative Assembly doesn't care about historical accuracy at all. I am not going to play EB because I do not think it is following history as good as RTR.

Dari View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Dari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2005 at 02:28
Just to add, as one of the new playable faction in the Barbarian Invasion expansion are the Sassanids. Finally, some real heavy hitting Persians in as stratgey game.

Dari is a pimp master
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2005 at 15:29
Sassanids, cool. I might just get the game to get the Rome Total Realism mod. I will probably wait a year or so when it gets to be really cheap.

Bishop View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Bishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2005 at 17:19
Originally posted by Emperor Barbarossa

Sassanids, cool. I might just get the game to get the Rome Total Realism mod. I will probably wait a year or so when it gets to be really cheap.

The realism mod is pretty awesome.

And it takes popular games forever to go down in price. This game is worth 50 dollars for one thing.  The way I justify spending that much money on a game is I consider it a way of voting for the type game I like. If you want to see more of this type of game you should spend the extra 10 or 15 bucks on it.

Edited by Bishop
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2005 at 18:19
I will wait because I am getting another game this fall. I did spend the whole $50 on Rome Total War. I would not spend $50 for the next one because of its crappy history if it was not for the Rome Total Realism modders.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>