Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Greatest Ottoman Sultan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Poll Question: Who is the Greatest Ottoman Sultan?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
1 [3.57%]
1 [3.57%]
1 [3.57%]
8 [28.57%]
11 [39.29%]
5 [17.86%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [3.57%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Ottoman Emperor View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ottoman Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greatest Ottoman Sultan
    Posted: 02-Oct-2005 at 18:26
  I think Suleiman the magnificent was the greatest Ottoman sultan.  During his rule he made the Empire huge and powerful.  However, during his rule the empire would also start a long period of decay, until finally the empire was abolished.
God Bless You
Evrenosgazi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Evrenosgazi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2005 at 13:02

This words are for the camel rider al-Badawi.You little camel rider.How can you any lesson to the Turks.First give the lesson to the 3 million sraeli.I dont understand your Turk paranoya.Did your mother tell anything about Turks?Be calm go to a doctor for your paranoya or aTurk will be your doctor.And you arabs know how Turks are.(11th-20th century.)There will be no British,ndian soldiers

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2005 at 13:07
Chill out Evrenosgazi, just because you believe he insulted something you hold dear does not mean you have to stoop to similar belligerencies in order to get your point across.
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2005 at 13:27

Originally posted by Evrenosgazi

This words are for the camel rider al-Badawi.You little camel rider.How can you any lesson to the Turks.First give the lesson to the 3 million sraeli.

One advice: Learn to control your temper. Don't be easily provoked by non-sense fools.

You just acted as fool as him. He generalized, causing some neutral turks to get upset, and you repeated his mistake, causing the same damage on the other side.

I would go with Sulyman the magnificent. Definitely the empire will go to decay after him, because his reign was the heights of the Ottoman Empire in all times.

Edited by ok ge
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Evrenosgazi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Evrenosgazi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2005 at 15:20

Ok I am sorry but he really hurt my national emotions. I dont hate Arabs but this guy is always doing the same thing.This is only an answer to him , but you are right I must be calm , thanks

ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2005 at 15:42
You are always welcome dst
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
HulaguHan View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote HulaguHan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2005 at 14:00
Originally posted by Mortaza

Selim is not timurlenk, this is too much for him. Oguzoglu because  of your religious sect,you have no right to blame someone. Why dont you also say, this turkmens rebelled,  they joined with iran? It was them who attacked turks before.

Azimuth why do you think  selim was like timurlenk?

Mortaza, at least I do not want Turks to do this mistake.

Safavids are Turks and their empire is a Turkic empire.

But I respect your thoughts if you consider Turkomans as rebels. It is up to our perspective. I think the opposite way, Turkomans prefered another Turkic domination over Ottoman Domination.

And moreover never forget, Shah Ismail is a Seyid also. He is Turkic but has some Prophet blood in him.

Edited by HulaguHan
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2005 at 15:02

Actually there is no proof that Shah Ismail I, the founder of the Safavid dynasty, is a descendant of the prophet (PBUH). Many before him and after him claimed the same. From the Fattimid of Egypt to Saddam Hussien.

Yes, Safavid are Turks, however ethnicity was not an issue those days more than the rise of Shi'ism and the battles between the two major Muslim sects.  He definitely restricted the Ottoman Empire focus on conquering Europe.

He is definitely a brilliant leader,  as in 1510, Isma'il In battle near the city of Merv, some 17,000 Iranians ambushed and defeated a superior Uzbek force numbering 28,000.  However, he was ruthless too. After the Uzbek ruler Muhammad Shaybani was caught and killed trying to escape the battle, and the shah had his skull made into a jeweled drinking goblet.

D.J. Kaufman
HulaguHan View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote HulaguHan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2005 at 15:52

They are not Iranian, they are Safavid Turks.

No ethnicity was important, very very important... Ethnicity was the triggering of Turkoman rebellions (by siding with Timur, Akkoyunlu and Safavids) against Ottomans.

HulaguHan View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote HulaguHan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2005 at 15:54

If Safavids are Iranians, with that logic Ottomans are Greco-Romans Mameluke Turks are not Turks but Arabs.

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2005 at 16:23
I think that both of you are correct in a sense. Back then affiliations to leaders and hence empires were based on many things. Religion was one of them. Tribal loyalty and language convenience was another.
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2005 at 16:48

I agree with Seko.

Hulagu Han, I never said Safavid are Iranians. If you mean describing the battle of Merv where I came across the word "Iranians", then that is something else. The fact that the Safavid dynasty were Turks doesn't mean their army is a turk. They were mostly Shia Iranians.

Check again the post please.

Originally posted by ok ge

Yes, Safavid are Turks, however ethnicity was not an issue those days more than the rise of Shi'ism and the battles between the two major Muslim sects. 

Edited by ok ge
D.J. Kaufman
HulaguHan View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote HulaguHan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2005 at 19:22
Yes I know, but really, in the late discussions here, we Turks were really pissed of with Iranic nationalists who claimed our people to be of Iranian heritage, like Seljuks,  Safavids, Azeris, Afsarids, etc...
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2005 at 19:45

Originally posted by HulaguHan

Yes I know, but really, in the late discussions here, we Turks were really pissed of with Iranic nationalists who claimed our people to be of Iranian heritage, like Seljuks,  Safavids, Azeris, Afsarids, etc...

Well, as I always say, do not be easily provoked. There are Iranian nationalist who claims everything is Iranian, including Safavids, Seljuks...etc and there are also Turks who are ultra nationalist too, just check "the kurd" thread and you will see couple who claimed Salahaddin to be a Turk!.

Just cool down, because you actually ended up addressing me ,the wrong person, for their nationalist claims.

D.J. Kaufman
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123