Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Civilization 4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Civilization 4
    Posted: 12-Sep-2005 at 19:40
Yeah, Taoism and Confucianism are more like following a philosopher. Anyways, I would like to see Zoroastrianism and an athiest religion.

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2005 at 06:35
Just saw some screenshots and read some previews for the first time earlier on, and i want it already.
It will probably run slowly on this computer though, and i've hardly played Civ III conquests that much.

I share Temu's issue over Taoism and Confuianism, though i could probaby accept the latter more than the former.

Still, it seems to have taken away the advantage of a massive settler rush, giving more balence in favour of those who take their time somewhat, which i welcome. And the idea of the countryside developing around your cities, villages and towns etc. that looks brilliant. Diplomacy appears to be vastly improved too and the tech tree more flexible. Its also supposidly much easier to mod than Civ III< so we may even see the huge variety of mods that Civ II had.

Has anyone got this yet? Its supposed to have gone gold already.
Arrrgh!!"
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2005 at 15:40
Tobo has it already and said its great. afaik it is available in europe since this monday or so. i'm still sceptical wheather or not to get it, i've seen the graphics and hated them, though the Alpha centauri style government system attracts me....i would really appreciate a Demo....
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2005 at 19:27
I wish you could rent computer games. Obviously, if you could, there would be to much piracy.

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2005 at 20:23
Originally posted by Temujin

afaik it is available in europe since this monday or so.

It will be the first computer game I'll buy in years.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2005 at 05:49
Originally posted by Emperor Barbarossa

I wish you could rent computer games. Obviously, if you could, there would be to much piracy.

I'm sure that disposable DVD technology would come in handy here.
Arrrgh!!"
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2005 at 16:39
well, maybe thats just germany but here you can...though i think its just games for consoles.
Alkiviades View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Alkiviades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2005 at 03:01
You can rent games in Greece as well... btw the game isn't here yet, tommorow is the D-Day! Gonna get it on Monday, because I have to finish three articles on weekend and if I get Civ4 my editor in chief's gonna have to wait a looooong time for those articles
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2006 at 11:47
I got Civ 4 over Christmas break. It is a very good game if you download mods that add more civilizations.

YusakuJon3 View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote YusakuJon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2006 at 21:58
Well, I had Civ4 on my computer for a month or so and really enjoyed it in spite of a few quirks in the system that made it difficult to run some of the new graphic features.  Unfortunately, however, I discovered a tendency for program files to fragment on my hard drive, so I had to uninstall the game.  It may be system-related, but I won't know until I install the game onto a new computer later this year.

The current system is an older Socket 478 P4 system with an Nvidia MX 440 vidcard, 512 MB of PC2100 SDRAM and 400-MHz front side bus.  Rome:Total War plays smoothly on lower settings, but more recent games have graphics issues.  I hope to upgrade to a good AMD system which supports faster RAM and the newer 256-Megabyte vidcards.
"There you go again!"

-- President Ronald W. Reagan (directed towards reporters at a White House press conference, mid-1980s)
Theodore Felix View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Theodore Felix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2006 at 22:40
Man, Im playing the Greek world mod but I can never catchup to the CPU's upgrading and speed. I get one good invasion through in the beginning but then I start to stagnate in expansion as the game completely surpases me in advancement. This is my first time with the series.
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2006 at 06:58
You'll get used to it after a while.

Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2006 at 16:41
As far as I am concerned, I had installed it for a week only not even that 8th day. The game play was soo poor along with heavy graphics. Overall I would like to recommand Age of Empires 2 rather than Civ 4, really at least the game play of AOE2 is better even though it doesn't has this heavy graphics.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12