Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Civilization 4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
doorman View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote doorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Civilization 4
    Posted: 02-Aug-2005 at 18:37
Anybody looking forward to this game?

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2005 at 18:59
no, civ 3 was worse than its predecessors and it sucked how they took away refrigeration and the workers never changed to engineer uniform, so always had workers walking about with a rag around their waist, this game is a dead horse.
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2005 at 19:02
I am. I have been looking forward to Civ IV for about a year now, ever since I got Civ III Conquests. Looks pretty good, I just hope that the game can run on 256 MB RAM. With a three-dimensional look, more unique units, realistic battle system, Civilization IV looks to be a pretty good strategy game. Civ III wasn't that bad, but it could have had a lot of improvements.

Edited by Emperor Barbarossa

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2005 at 19:34
Civ 3 was made better with the conquests expansion, but frankly that should have shiped with the original.
There was a promo clip floating around, a brief glimpse of Cov4 and then some stuff about civ-addicts.
I'll try and find it.
Arrrgh!!"
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2005 at 19:37
www.civfanatics.com has a very good article on Civilization IV and has all the videos under its Civ IV section.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2005 at 19:37
Can someone actually goive a brief description of how the first three civ games were diff from each other?
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2005 at 15:17
I saw it has the empire of Mali in it, so even if its not better than 3 Im getting it anyway now!
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2005 at 19:23
Trust me, from the screens, it owns Civ III.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2005 at 13:29
Yes, I am! I liked II better than III, but I'm willing to give IV a shot. I just
hope it's released for the Mac; has anyone heard if it will be?

The screenshots are gorgeous, which you can see www.firaxis.com/games/game_detail.php?gameid=6">here if you
haven't already.

What culture do you enjoy playing the most and why?
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2005 at 15:15
I like playing as the Turks because they get the Siphai, an awesome Industrial Age cavalry unit. 

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2005 at 18:35
Originally posted by Zagros

Can someone actually goive a brief description of how the first three civ games were diff from each other?

I think they are basically the same: better graphics, better AI, some other changes... the normal evolution of games.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2005 at 12:16
Yes, but some major changes in graphics from Civ 2 to Civ 3.

Decebal View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Digital Prometheus

Quote Decebal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2005 at 16:40

I found that they really varied a lot the difficulty level from Civ2 to Civ3. I used to be able to win on a regular basis on Civ2 deity, but on Civ3, deity was really too difficult. Otherwise, I think that corruption and civ traits were the biggest changes.

Civ4 looks pretty good, but after so many years of playing different versions, I'm getting kinda sick of it.

Edited by Decebal
What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Napoleon Bonaparte

Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.- Mohandas Gandhi

Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2005 at 11:17
I have only played all of the Civ 3 versions, I get sick of it sometimes and then a month later I play again. It is fun to mod the game though.

Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2005 at 05:50
Originally posted by Emperor Barbarossa

Trust me, from the screens, it owns Civ III.

Looking at screenshots, Civ3 would seem better than Civ2. It wasn't, so allow me to remain sceptical.
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2005 at 07:28
I never got to play Civ2, but I do not think it could be better than Conquests. The modding abilities are amazing. Graphics do not always show if a game is better than another, that is the gameplay. Graphics are just an add-on.

dirtnap View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote dirtnap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2005 at 00:10
Originally posted by doorman

Anybody looking forward to this game?

Not me. After Stronghold I need a serious break.

Edited by dirtnap
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2005 at 18:33

okay I have th eproof that Civ 4 will rock, a screenshot if you will....

Civilization IV for PC screenshot 49
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2005 at 15:54
Yeah, I saw that pic to. You can get an easter egg in Civ III that if you name a "New Constantinople" Not Constantinople, you get the Turkish 50's song.

Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2005 at 16:38

i'm not really content with the Religions:

Religion First to Discover Buildings & Wonders
Buddhism Buddhism Meditation Buddhist Shrine
Christianity Christianity Theology Christian Shrine
Confucianism Confucianism   Confucian Shrine
Hinduism Hinduism Polytheism Hindu Shrine
Islam Islam   Islamic Shrine
Judaism Judaism Monotheism Jewish Shrine
Taoism Taoism   Taoist Shrine

why including Confucianism and Taoism? those are not religions, i would have rather liked to see religions that were important in the past but declined up to now, like especially Zoroastrianism and perhaps Manichaeism or Jainism. Zoroastrianism was one of the first religions and state religion of the Sassanian empire after all.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>