Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

an interesting question.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
HulaguHan View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Online Status: Offline
  Quote HulaguHan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: an interesting question.
    Posted: 31-Jul-2005 at 19:17
Which book do you want? Go and purchase any kind of an Ottoman Empire book. It will write everything they do. Noone is reported to go there.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jul-2005 at 19:22
Not that the name of this forum is going to change anything in the real world but as I said before there was nothing wrong with the title Islamic World at the first place.

The name Arab and Islam have been incorrectly used as synonyms by many. How many times have you heard the term Arab and Islamic world in the media as if they were the same thing and Arabs own Islam Titles like this just adds to that stereo type. Arabs are small minority among Muslims no matter how you count the number of Arabs and Muslims, and Arabs do use Islam to push their nationalism.  Putting India and Africa in the same forum is not exactly the same.   

In reality the only pre-Islamic history Arabs may have would be Yemen and even that would be a long stretch to call Yemenis Arabs. Not to mentions that  Yemens history is more tied to East Africa and Ethiopia than any thing from middle east.

Middle east and North Africa has been and is a very diverse place and Arab have and still are trying to step anyone elses identity that dare not call him/herself Arab. Israel is getting all the condemnation for pushing a few Palestinians around, but if you look at Arabs they are doing even worse not only they are in someone elses home they also claim that native people dont even exist.    

Edited by hani
Al Bedawi View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Al Bedawi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jul-2005 at 21:06
It is worth Noting that Historians recorded the Historic link of the berbers of algeria with yemen via the claimed berber zenata trible claiming descent from Yusef ibn Qahtan
Our Yemeni Motherland
An army of sheep led by a lion would defeat an army of lions led by a sheep.
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jul-2005 at 22:04

Originally posted by erci

your post declares you know nothing about the issue.ok I'll open a new board and include Byzantium with the Ottomans in same forum just because I, the founder is a Turk and I want it this way.and it won't be hard to find a mod to suck up either

Accually it shows I don't care what the issue is but I do care about some member threatening to make more work for the already streched thin Mod staff just because he didn't get his own way. And it has nothing to do with sucking up and everything to do with out of the 1600+ members including you and me (that has been a member for a good long time) only Cyrus has the ability and right to do as he sees fit. it is his board.

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jul-2005 at 23:24

for those who think that this forum changed to Arabic forum

i dont know which part is it that you dont understand? !!

its Pre-Islamic Arabia AND the Islamic World,

Pre-Islamic Arabia is the Arabian Peninsula Before Islam and why we considered this?  because Arabian Peninsula Was Not under others Empires rule MOST of the time. so there are like 400 years which this lands History is not Included in any part of the Forums here. so the Admin added it to make a place for it.

ok that was the first part of the forum's name.

the secound Part.

Islamic world   does not mean Islamic Religion and Does Not mean Islamic Arabia ( Arabian Peninsula), it means Islamic World which is an Area which mostly had its History related to Islam from the point Islam reached it. and this is mostly Middle East and North Africa which are Not only Arabs had empirs there also did others such as Turks and Persians. and about the Turkish Empirs in the middle east is for sure were connected to Islam.

so from that we are not connecting Arabia to Islamic world we are Adding the part of Arabia's History before islam which does not fit in the Ancient Civilization and does not fit in the former Islamic World forums.

Plus all that this name was agreed by the founder of the site first and  a Turkish member who is Jagtai Khan and an Iranian member Zargos purya and me as a moderator of this section.

so what is the problem??  why is putting Arabia in the forum name makes you think that its all about Arabia? if you hadn't noticed yet there is a forum there named Africa, Americas, India, and SE Asia,  does than mean that we are connecting African History to Americas and India and SE Asia??

or its the usual paranoia from everything Arabs has their names in?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456