Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

an interesting question.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: an interesting question.
    Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 18:26

ok Al Bedawi i just collected some of your posts regarding this matter.

and i can see a point there that not a "very" proper Name for this Forum to call it Islamic world.

i already gave my opinion about this and you misunderstood me i think.

Originally posted by Al Bedawi

I vehmently dissagree with the arabs had nothing untill islam.

Petra
Sheba
Naubtanea

All this is before islam.

You also forget many people do forget that the Assyrians origin was in Yemen, and that the Akkadians left yemen/oman (mazan? hate to use a persian word for one of our lands)during the period of the Fueds within Qahtan.

I didnt say that Arabs had nothing before Islam, off course they did for a very long time they have empires and communites.

what i meant is that they are not as significant as the empires they had After islam.

why is there a Forum for Turks, and Persians but not Arabs?

well i think we may be need to change it to a more proper name and not calling it as per lanuage then we will need many other forum for others languages.

Why is there a Forum based on religion?

If a Turk can have a Ottoman(islamic) Empire and a National Empire (turkish empire? one I have never heard of)

why is it an Arab  who throughout History existed Before Islam.

is forced to only one place on this forum that being the Islamic Forum.

To say the Arabs were Nothing before Islam, is to spit in the faces of Ancient Edom, Palmyra,Sheba,Himyar,and Petra.

For the western reader, This is a simple Request We Arabs are carelessly and needlessly lumped in with The Turks and with the Iranians in this Islamic Empire forum,  You can simply do the following

do nothing refusing to admit a slight mistake was made.

realise turks, arabs and iranians have little in common besides religion.

create a Christendom Forum.

delete the turkish and iranian forums merging them all into Islamic.

Rename the Islamic forum the Arab one.

Merge the African and Islamic ones. after all all african empires with the exeception of Christian Nubia and ethiopian were arab or muslim

what a Joke, I asked a simple question and a simpleton anwsered me.

I just think its unjust a TURK and Iranian Can post in 2 forums an arab christian has to post in one entitled islamic world.
(this is not saying I am regarding myself as an xtian)

You see.

Turk = Culture

Iranian = Nationality

Islamic = Religion

Its very odd.

well it is not Islamic Forum it is called Islamic World Forum, and Islamic world has alot of non islamic comunites.

well i thought that it is the most proper so far.

but we may find a More proper one than this , something like

Middel East and North African Forum?

Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

Our website is "All Empires", there are many Iranian, Turkish and Islamic empires but I don't think there is any Arab Christian empire!

actully there was an Arabic Christan empire,

this is from Britannica.

Arabian kingdom prominent as a Byzantine ally (symmachos) in the 6th century AD. From its strategic location in portions of modern Syria, Jordan,and Israel, it protected the spice trade route from the south of the ArabianPeninsula and acted as a buffer against the desert Bedouin.

The Ghassnid king al-Ḥrith ibn Jabalah (reigned 529569) supported the Byzantines against Ssnian Persia and was given the title patricius in 529 by the emperor Justinian. Al-Ḥrith was a Monophysite Christian; he helped to revive the Syrian Monophysite Church and supported Monophysite development despite the disapproval of Orthodox Byzantium. Subsequent Byzantine distrust of such religious unorthodoxybrought down his successors, al-Mundhir (reigned 569582) and Nuʿmn.

The Ghassnids, who had successfully opposed the Persian-oriented Lakhmids of al-Ḥrah, prospered economically and engaged in much religious and public building; they also patronized the arts and at one time entertained the poets Nbighah adh-Dhubyn and Ḥassn ibn Thbit at their courts. Ghassn remained a Byzantine vassal state until its rulers were overthrown by the Muslims in the 7th century.
----------------

this from wkipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghassanids

to Mortaza  its not that hard to make a new thread in Modern History Forum about that Austrain/Turkish conflict.

Al Bedawi View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Al Bedawi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 23:37
Thank you.

How many of those who post here are arab.

I have messaged you and asked that if you could could you translate a few passages from sirut abu zeid or taghribat bani Hillal.
An army of sheep led by a lion would defeat an army of lions led by a sheep.
Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2005 at 04:05

If you intrested Al-bedwi all arab coroporate to establish arabic fourm

in my opinion islamic fourm is enough for us

we can see our history in our places (midlle east).

accept my best regards

"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2005 at 09:06
Ok, I think the title of this forum can be changed to "Middel East and North Africa" (of course in the middle ages), however "Islamic World" is/was a larger region.
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2005 at 19:47

then we keep the name Islamic world and add middel east and North africa.

it would be something like this

Islamic World, M.East and N.Africa Forum

by that it will cover everything i guess

Menippos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menippos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2005 at 21:31
Don't forget to add "...and Europe" too, because there is also Bosnia...
CARRY NOTHING
Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2005 at 21:35
How about just "Islamic History"?
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2005 at 21:38

well thats included in the "Islamic World",  the reason of Adding Middel East and North Africa is just to keep the discussion about Non Islamic Realted History of the Middel East and North Africa here.

i know there aren't many Non-Islamic History which are Not included in the Ancient History forum and the Islamic world History forum but its nice to have the option.

so i think  the new name can be

"Islamic World, Middel East and North Africa Forum"

what do you think Cyrus?

Menippos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menippos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2005 at 21:55
I vote "yes", if my vote says anything

Slight modification: Instead of "Middel", make it "Middle"

Edited by Menippos
CARRY NOTHING
Al Bedawi View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Al Bedawi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2005 at 23:26
Im sorry But Brother if you do that.

we still end up with turks and iranians having two forums and the arabs having to use the islamic one.
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2005 at 02:53

Actully Arabs can be in more than one Forum too, since Arabs Conquered from Spain to North india.

the aim for the Forums in general is to classify the more commone History together

and why cant we have Iranians and Turkish in this Forum?

Iranians ruled some Arabian lands before Islam, Arabs ruled Iranian lands After islam and Turkish ruled some Arabic lands too for many years.

plus the First 200 years of Islam was mainly Under Arabic rule so i think we as Arabs has more to do with rise of Islam than anybody else.

and by adding Middle East and North Africa is just to give a place to the History between the period between the end of The Ancient period and the Rise of islam.

so if we consider the Ancient period ends at year 0 AD then we have more than 600 years until Islam start dominating the region. and in that 600 years there were kingdom in Arabia and North Africa which are not totally part of the romans nor part of the persians. so Adding this part we included almost all Historical periods in the region and with the other Forums we included the Rest of the World History.

so i think calling this forum " Islamic World, Middle East and North Africa" is the Most proper and complete name.

Edited by azimuth
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2005 at 09:15

I don't agree, if we want to use "and" then we should say "Islamic world and non-Islamic regions in the Middle East and North Africa"!!, I think this one is better:

Middle East and North Africa
From the rise of Islam to the fall of the Ottoman Empire

Jagatai Khan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Jeune Turc

Quote Jagatai Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2005 at 14:03

Islamic Empires

Islamic Empires from the rise of Islam to the fall of the Ottoman Empire

Al Bedawi View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Al Bedawi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2005 at 16:31
what about the Pre islamic arab cultures?

I still have no idea why there is an Islamic forum.

Iranians have Persian Cultural forum

Turks have theirs But us?

we are content to say we were nothing before islam.
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2005 at 16:35

Yes, open a from like desert Empires or whatever.

Than we will have our peace back.

Al Bedawi View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Al Bedawi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2005 at 16:42
lol.

from  or forum.
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2005 at 16:50

or whatever, but I hope you have enough article to full that from!

So at least we can learn, what are the arabs doing before islam.

Al Bedawi View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Al Bedawi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2005 at 16:51
what are you?
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2005 at 16:56

A turk

Can a Turk learn what were the arabs doing before Islam? Or what you want is just open a forum, and that all?

You should feed that forum with articles.

Al Bedawi View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Al Bedawi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2005 at 17:00
I have allready stated.

Ancient Yemen (sheba,Himyar,temah)

Palmyra

Petra(naubtanea,edom)

If people are willing to stretch and say.

Iranians are Elam,Parthia,Media.

Why is it such a stretch to equate Arab with Assyrian,Akkadian and Dilmun as Both the Arab and the Assyrians origin was in Yemen.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>