Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

an interesting question.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Al Bedawi View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Al Bedawi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: an interesting question.
    Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 07:17
why is there a Forum for Turks, and Persians but not Arabs?

An army of sheep led by a lion would defeat an army of lions led by a sheep.
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 07:19
Yea I want an Australian forum! And one for the New Zealanders! And one for the dinosaurs! Let's make AE as bulky and complex and user unfriendly as possible!
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 07:35

I have another interesting question to Constantine.

Constantine, I heard there were two Turk at Australia, who rebeled  Australian goverment at  WW1. is this true?

They attacked a train who was carrying soldiers.

any idea about this?

Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 08:01
Firstly Mortaza thankyou for hijacking a thread which was otherwise worthless and likely to lead to a flame war, you have done us all a service.

Next I want to ask, are you also Murtaza?

And now to your question. To be honest with you I had no idea about this at all. But I did some searching and it appears that you are correct, there was an incident at Broken Hill in Australia where two Turks killed a group of innocent picnicers. Apparently the disgruntled men opened fire on a passing train after raising the Turkish flag, wounding 7 and killing 4. The locals then took up all the arms they could find and hunted the men down, killing them in the ensuing gunfight. The incident took place on New Years Day 1915. It was the only thing resembling an attack on Australian soil for the whole of WWI.

Here is a link to it http://www.abc.net.au/farwest/stories/s1409298.htm

Honestly I had not heard of this, the relative boringness of Australian history leads me to search elsewhere for entertaining history. So there you have it, a fairless needless loss of life for all concerned. But an interesting incident nonetheless.

Interestingly the Turkish newspapers went nuts over this. They claimed that 40 Australian soldiers had been killed and 70 injured by a contingent of rebel Turks who were now "marching forward to attack Canberra, the strongly fortified Australian capital" (Canberra was 14 years old at this time, barely much more than the few buildings which had been constructed on an old farming paddock). What a laugh I got out of reading the Turkish report on the "Battle of Broken Hill". An interesting bit of WWI trivia.
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 08:56

Yes I am murtaza.

I read it,thanks  it was a comic war, If called war. You are right, It  was needless loss of life.

Also  There  should be an afgan rebellion, have idea?

Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 09:09
Well we have alot of asylum seekers here from Afghanistan and a number of Islamic countries. Our government has to detain such people and find out whether they are genuine refugees or simply trying to avoid the immigration qeues. At the detention centres where they are held riots are a common occurance and make regular headlines in the news.

Is there a specific Afghan rebellion here you are interested in? Maybe something with a specific date or place or other details? Australia does not have a very large Afghan community, so I am quite sure if there was a rebellion of Afghans here it would not have been a huge one.

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 09:20

I dont know  date, It was after this attack, or battle of Broken Hill.

Edited by Mortaza
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 10:06
Well I have searched both my memory and the net and I cannot find anything on it. I am very much surprised you know of incidents this minor happening all the way out here. Where did you hear about these things?

Also if you could find information on the "Afghan rebellion" that would be interesting. I do know for a fact that Australia took in alot of Afghans in the 19th century, whose skills with camels greatly assisted the opening up of the harsh desert regions in the outback.
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 10:23

Yes that rebellion should be related with camel riders. They should be numbered 700. I remember as all of them sent back  to their country. Not sure about it. Rebellion didnt cost human life.

I read it form  a book and Because of I am nomad  like my ancestor, I have not book now.

It can be possible book is wrong. It is a book like "We  Turks were hero"

Al Bedawi View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Al Bedawi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 11:36
what a Joke, I asked a simple question and a simpleton anwsered me.

I just think its unjust a TURK and Iranian Can post in 2 forums an arab christian has to post in one entitled islamic world.
(this is not saying I am regarding myself as an xtian)

You see.

Turk = Culture

Iranian = Nationality

Islamic = Religion

Its very odd.

Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 11:43
Well Australia brought in the "White Australia policy" after the country federated in 1901. This was a racist policy which prevented non white people who were not from certain areas of Europe from entering the country. It lasted until after WWII when a shortage of labour put an end to it. One consequence of this policy was many non-white people already here were also deported.

I would say many Afghans were deported as part of this policy at some point in the early 20th century and most likely there was an altercation as they did not want to leave. However, not all Afghans were deported. Some stayed behind, keeping the desert as their home and married even. The Afghans did not bring their women with them, and as the European Australians largely shunned them the often married aboriginal Australians. Their descendents most likely continue to roam the deserts to this day.

Edited by Constantine XI
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 12:03
Our website is "All Empires", there are many Iranian, Turkish and Islamic empires but I don't think there is any Arab Christian empire!
Jagatai Khan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Jeune Turc

Quote Jagatai Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 14:04
Bedawi post everywhere you want and leave that silly ideas
Al Bedawi View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Al Bedawi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 16:14
Ok where is the arab empire then???

as You well know in the early period The Arab Dahimmi (not an insulting word) was worth more than the Ajaam (Not an Insulting word)

It was the ARABS who smashed the peacocks throne and it was the Arabs who made war with those whos faces were like tightly drawn shields (Turks and Tartars)

Where was this TURKISH EMPIRE?? It wasnt untill the Ottoman they became of anything, The Horde was Mongol not Uzbek, The only Turkish empire was the Mughal one.

if Turks and Iranians deserve 2 forums we arabs deserve atleast one.

Al Bedawi View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Al Bedawi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 16:15
Al Bedawi View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Al Bedawi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 16:16
I wasnt aware naples (southern ital. peninsula) fell to us.
Al Bedawi View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Al Bedawi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 16:20
also Palmyra under zenobia had an empire.

as well as Himyar (sheba) who conqured parts of Ethiopia.

Oman owned parts of Iran, had a huge trading empire, including somalia and zanzibar.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 16:31
 Have been lurking at AE for quite a while and never felt quite qualified to reply or post on any subject.
But this one got the better of me.
The "battle of Broken Hill"  is better known to history as the icecrem war or icecream revolt owing to the fact that the turks were using an icecream cart as shelter at the time. Acutally I always (apart from the sadness of the affair) always liked the name.
The Afghan revolt I think (and only my opinion) comes from  1870 from an incident with a ship called the AFGHAN, which provoked a riot on Macquarie street in front of Parliment house and led to restrictions of chinese immigarnts to Australia (the ship was carrying around 250 chinese workers).
Just a short note on the white Austrlia policy as it relates to Afghans (who were classed as Asiatic people under the policy) not only did it effectively ban Asiatics from entering the country it had a clause the forbade residant coloureds from travelling between states without government permission, a clause that was directly aimed at the Afghan Camel trains to restrict them to the regions of the outback and deserts so their movements could be followed and whereabouts known at all times.

Sorry for the long post.
         &nbs p;         &nbs p;     Mulga
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 16:44

icecream war is realy a fine name for a war, If they attacked a military train, I think I will proud with them. But I dont like their attact to civilians but again I will not judge them.

Thanks for knowledge.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 17:27

Al Bedawi,

I think these maps would be enough for your lack of knowledge about pre-Ottoman Turkic history.

And btw, sorry I couldnt post the map of the Seljuk Empire, whose borders were reaching from Kyrgizistan to Aegean. Next time maybe...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>