Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The vozhd training nazi airmen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The vozhd training nazi airmen.
    Posted: 09-Jul-2005 at 16:00

Well, the thing is. In the beginning of the 1930's, Stalin allowed the Germans to be trained on Soviet soil. Nazi officers found their training there, and planes with pilots trained there also found their way into the German army if not mistaken. The same people who raped and pillaged the mostly populated Russian areas just less then a decade later found their training right there. WHY?

Was it because Stalin had politicial and mental issues with the fact that the West was to invade the Soviet Union and a strong Germany would keep them busy or did he need the balance of Europe back? Any other thoughts or bashings on something i have not seen out of my ignorance?

There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jul-2005 at 17:27

there's an interesting story to what you've said, most of the world is ignorant of, i unfortunately only have a German source but i might translate it when i return from Berlin.

here it is:

http://www.webarchiv-server.de/pin/archiv00/0900ob27.htm

Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2005 at 07:47
yes, if it is convenient for you, take your time.
There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
yan. View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote yan. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2005 at 06:50
I think the military cooperation started in the 1920s, when both Germany and the SU were largely isolated militarily (Germany because of WWI and the SU because of the revolution) and Germany was not allowed to have an airforce.
 Post Reply Post Reply