Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post Your Photo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 71>
Author
TheOrcRemix View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheOrcRemix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Post Your Photo
    Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 19:16
Originally posted by Tobodai

Originally posted by TheOrcRemix

"lol, are you a pseudo asian like me?"

Nope, im half japanese and proud.

yes you are, I too am half Japanese though Im certainyl not proud to be affiliated with  a nation of unrepetant war criminals.  Anything pre 1930's is good though.

agreed, i was most disgusted about the capturing of koera, and using their wormen (about 500,000) as japanese sex slaves

And the reason i say "proud" is casue i am not asshamed of my heartage. Thoughout the 1940s, a wave of prejeduice wept thoughout America.

Edited by TheOrcRemix
True peace is not the absence of tension, but the presence of justice.
Sir Francis Drake is the REAL Pirate of the Caribbean
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 23:43

your right, the internment camps and the like, in my very white high school I was the most ethnic person and I took alot of BS for it.

I think certain eras are worth being proud of though, the Meiji resotration and the early Tokugawa period in particular.  Japan really is the only non western country to modernize so early as so completely in the recent era.  Although I dont like what happened to the Koreans I have no objection to annexing it just as I dont have on objection to th eUS annexing the phillipines, someone would have annexed those places anyway.  If not the Japanese then the Russians, if not the Americans then the Germans etc...

Japans WW2 rep has nothing to do with the Meiji restoration at all as some people claim, and Ito Hirobumi before the annexation wanted to ally with Korea and influence its rulers to modernize for stability.  Something went teribly wrong int eh 30's that ruined all the progress made my great statesmen like Ito and Yamagata.

so yeah I guess it depends on the era.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 23:47

your right, the internment camps and the like, in my very white high school I was the most ethnic person and I took alot of BS for it.

I think certain eras are worth being proud of though, the Meiji resotration and the early Tokugawa period in particular.  Japan really is the only non western country to modernize so early as so completely in the recent era.  Although I dont like what happened to the Koreans I have no objection to annexing it just as I dont have on objection to th eUS annexing the phillipines, someone would have annexed those places anyway.  If not the Japanese then the Russians, if not the Americans then the Germans etc...

Japans WW2 rep has nothing to do with the Meiji restoration at all as some people claim, and Ito Hirobumi before the annexation wanted to ally with Korea and influence its rulers to modernize for stability.  Something went teribly wrong int eh 30's that ruined all the progress made my great statesmen like Ito and Yamagata.

so yeah I guess it depends on the era.

Ito Hirobumi became the first governer General of Japanese Chosen though...I guess after a while he just decicded to go with the flow...
Consul
Consul

Quote TheOrcRemix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2005 at 04:40

hey tobodai, when u went to high school, did a lot of people call you "jap?"

In my school, i take that offensily. When my friends say it, i know their joking, but when these random people call me "jap" i give them a warning, and tell them how offensive it is.

But when im trying to learn something, its nothing personal

EX: my world histroy teacher was talking about the russo-Japanese war, he was trying to put in perspective saying russian were getting mad at the czar poor leadership cause they were losing to "yellow Japneese" or japs, forgot which one.

just wondering. 

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2005 at 07:20

Gubuk:

yes Ito compromised his principles at the end and like all geniouses he went a little bit loopy too , trying to install his son as future regent etc, but while he was governor general he was one of the few people to oppose outright annexation, hence why it was inacted so soon after he was shot (using that as a pretext of course).

Orcremix:

no one expressly called me jap because being the evil manipulative a$$ that I am I told differnt people different stories of my ethnic background.  Among uneducated people I can pass for a Turk, Greek, Italian, or any type of Asian so I told soem people I was Vietnamese, some people I was Turkish, some people I was 100% native American etc so based on confusion they gave up trying to classify me and just settled for "Mexican" which was so bizarre that I actually found it funny, then I got the nickname of Goya out of nowhere too...but by this point it was so funny I actually reveled in it.

as for the Russo-Japanese war, the Russians were more PO'd about fighting in a war that the peasants viewed as for an aelite special intrest group that for the nation (manchurian railroad builders) the odd thing that I was going to make its own thread but I guess given the topic being here I will post here is the support the Japanese got from most of the west against Russia, ironically especially in America.

The Kaiser fo Germany pushed Nikolas II to war because the Kaiser was a very racist man who believed yellow peril would engulf the world if Russia did not rule the east, but aside from him and the vaunted French world opinion actually favored Japan, to quote one of heroes Teddy Roosevelt at the time:

"No human beings, black, yellow, or white could be quite as untruthful, as incensire, as arrogant, in short, as untrustworthy in every way, as the Russians under the present system and their preposterous little Czar"

Some famous American authors wrote about a 'white peril' and how Russia was the enemy of Asia, and many British, after the accidental sinking by Russia of fishing trawers advocated outright war with Russia in accordance with the Anglo-Japanese alliance of 1902.

So it goes both ways, whew.

as for the personal touch I let my friends call me wahtever they want, including psychotic jap, or whatever, because I call them stuff right back, its just a joke cause none of us care.  If a person says it that doesnt knwo you though, thats generally a bad sign.  For example once an angry fat Irishman called me a jap so I called him "faggy shamrock mcpaddycakes" I know Im so mature.  Remember its the public school system, so if you are attakced first and you are the minority you will always win if it comes to disciplinary action.

-Alexander Hamilton
Consul
Consul

Quote TheOrcRemix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2005 at 14:58
lol, faggy shamrock mcpaddycakes. Thats creative.
ihsan View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ihsan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2005 at 16:11

Ihsan: Master of the Game!

LOL what do you mean?

[IMG]http://img50.exs.cx/img50/6148/ger3.jpg">

Qaghan of the Vast Steppes

Steppes History Forum
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2005 at 18:43

your shirt says master of the game in the 4rth picture

coincidentally given the topic breifly discussed above...guess who you looks like you: http://web.jjay.cuny.edu/~jobrien/reference/meiji.jpg

-Alexander Hamilton
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2005 at 11:00

ihsan

i saw you somewhere or someone who looks like you

have you been to UAE or Australia before?

ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2005 at 11:28
Originally posted by RED GUARD

And here is picture of my daddy driving a tank.
or maybe that's the picture of ur tank and there's a daddy in it.
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2005 at 11:34
Ihsan's face is one of those popular faces i guess. i had a classmate just like him.
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
ihsan View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ihsan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2005 at 07:18
your shirt says master of the game in the 4rth picture

coincidentally given the topic breifly discussed above...guess who you looks like you: http://web.jjay.cuny.edu/~jobrien/reference/meiji.jpg

LOLOL  

ihsan

i saw you somewhere or someone who looks like you

have you been to UAE or Australia before?

Uhm nope I haven't.

Ihsan's face is one of those popular faces i guess. i had a classmate just like him.

Really? Hehe that's nice

Steppes History Forum
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2005 at 01:17

My work pic from 06/2004.

Hotan, East Turkistan 07/2004.

Taklamakan Desert, East Turkistan 07/2004.

Tashkorgan, East Turkistan 07/2004.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2005 at 10:38
Nice photos...
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2005 at 13:01
Yes, that was a very memorable trip. 
ihsan View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ihsan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 18:05
Oh so you've been to Eastern Turkestan? That's nice

Steppes History Forum
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 20:56
Yes I was, for 3weeks in 07/2004.  This year I'm planning on going to Mongolia, Altay, Tuva and Hakas.
SulcataIxlude View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote SulcataIxlude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2005 at 03:15
http://photos.friendster.com/photos/15/60/11240651/537205103 7768l.jpg

My pic during senior year of High School (I was 18 at the time.)

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/15/60/11240651/7395270 154830l.jpg

This is after I gave apresentation for the India Sub-Contenent Society of the Tri-Cities. The white girl is just a passerby, but the Indian lady is named Shaqi. She is from Washington DC, but lives in my part of the states as of lately.

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/15/60/11240651/7395287 659016l.jpg

Me with a Sikh man. I look so ugly with my glasses on.

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/15/60/11240651/7639872 210609l.jpg

Me showing off my Khukuri. And yes I love to veil myself up, and I use all sorts of bandanas and other cloth to veil up. For some of our Muslim members do not be alarmed I am not making fun of your culture, or clothing styles of your various nations.

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/15/60/11240651/7639874 33981l.jpg

Me with my Jack-O-Lanturen. Taken in 2004.

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/15/60/11240651/7639876 830283l.jpg

My halloween costume for 2004 (people at the party I went to were trying to figure out what the hell I was. It was just a costume I made with mascera, a towel, and my katana.)
RED GUARD View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote RED GUARD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2005 at 07:23
      I can't see any of you pics, SulcataIxlude.
Quotes by your's turly:

"I came, I saw, and I conquered... but only for the weekend"

"This is my tank, this is my weapon, and this is my pride."

"Power comes from a barrel of a gun."

babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2005 at 09:45
where's east turkistan?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 71>