Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post here 3 things that you gave to the world

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Post here 3 things that you gave to the world
    Posted: 04-Jul-2005 at 05:56

Yoghurt was invented by ancient Turks, even long before the Gktrks and Khuns.

If we try to claim things in logical ways, we would realize the truth. Turks and their ancestors were horseman nomads of huge steppes since ancient times. They had no knowledge of farming, settled lifestyle etc. So their best friends, best vehicles, best life sources, milk and of course, best meals were horses. They only had their horses, no vegatables or complicated meals.

So today, most of the Turkish meals with milk and meat are of Turkic origin. For example kabab, is originally a babylonian name to call grilled meat. Turks had their own style of kabab, shish kabab etc with horsemeat thousands of years before their arrival to ME, but then they changed the names of their own food into the local words, and modified their preparing methods. So today, original kabab is from middle eaatern origin, but the Turkish kabab that whole world learned it from us is of Turkic origin.

Yoghurt is of Turkic origin. Ancient nomads (including Bulgars, Onogur- all from Turkic origins) used horse milk in most of their food and drinks, including "kimiz", an ancient Turkish drink with alcohol and horse milk. Yohurt was another Turkic one.

We Turks introduced world lots of different things. But the most important three are:

1. Yoghurt, Turkish kabab, coffee and some other meals

2. Militarical orders of MaoDun (Tur: Mete Khan)

3. The road/highway making way by placing asphalt on smoothed soil instead of covering the land with a hard and expensive material. All 3rd world countries learned this practical and cheap way of wasting tax money from us.

And BTW, is it true that Persians introduced alcohol to the world? So hail the Persians!! I know Turks and other nations had alcohol drinks not related to Persians, but whatever, if that is true, there is an irony here. Persians today dont use or care about something great that they contributed to humanity once.

Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2005 at 06:32
Originally posted by Oguzoglu

] 3. The road/highway making way by placing asphalt on smoothed soil instead of covering the land with a hard and expensive material. All 3rd world countries learned this practical and cheap way of wasting tax money from us.

Well paved roads have been used for some thousands of years by every civilization but asphalt?
I mean please, let's not start claiing everything.

Asphalt is Professor Edward J. de Smedt's invention, he had migrated to the US from Belgium which is where we find the first asphalt street "William st. of New Jersey" on July 29 1870.
If anyone cares to look it up you'll find the patent (U.S. Nos. 103,581; -2) under the name of "sheet asphalt pavement"
To the gods we mortals are all ignorant.Those old traditions from our ancestors, the ones we've had as long as time itself, no argument will ever overthrow, in spite of subtleties sharp minds invent.
human View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote human Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2005 at 06:36
but kebab is Turkish indeed and very tasty!!!!
You Got to Lose to Know How to Win...
Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2005 at 07:04
Originally posted by human

but kebab is Turkish indeed and very tasty!!!!

We've had this one in a different topic, let me paste what I said back then.

"How can anyone claim to have "invented" Kebab???

The guy that invented the idea of Kebab is obviously the same guy that decided to put freshly killed meat over a fire and that could have been literally anyone.
But since we have traces of the most ancient fire ever lit by human hands in the entire planet (1,000,000 B.C.). at Petralona Halkidiki or a simple read of Homer's Odyssey gives us more than a few accounts of putting meat over a fire.

I'd say it's time you handed Kebab over to us"
To the gods we mortals are all ignorant.Those old traditions from our ancestors, the ones we've had as long as time itself, no argument will ever overthrow, in spite of subtleties sharp minds invent.
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2005 at 07:18

different things. But the most important three are:

Coffee is Arabic... whatever...

The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Menippos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menippos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2005 at 07:19
More Greek inventions:

Public sector bureaucracy.
Transportation delays.

Language, human? Language? Now, that's a very dodgy claim... Except if you mean Greek language, of course - that was definitely invented by the Greeks

And military tactics were used before the Greek civilisation by the Chinese and the Egyptians, even though they didn't have many things is common with what the Greeks used later. I think that military tactics are an amalgam of military leaders' cunning and observation of the enemy tactic and movement, so it is a joint contribution of every and any army found against another.

Perhaps naval technology might be Greek, but I am not totally sure about that.
Organised, formulated geometry is a Greek accomplishment.
The properties of amber is a Greek discovery, giving the basis for electrostatics, some thousands years later.
Steam propulsion was a Greek invention, but unfortunately it was never used by the Greeks.
Also basic hydraulics was a greek invention, but it was considered too much trouble, as there were plenty of other means of force application.
Whim and pulleys were invented by Greeks too.

All the above IMHO.
CARRY NOTHING
Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2005 at 07:29

what about fire? I mean If I am not wrong, It was stolen from gods by a Greek hero. Maybe we own you fire too. Well If Greeks found medicine , why not fire?

Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2005 at 07:34
Originally posted by Menippos

] Perhaps naval technology might be Greek, but I am not totally sure about that

Aderfe Menippe, you can be sure of it.

The Most Ancient Shipping in the world - Frahthi of Argolida (7.000 B.C.). The Frahthi cave hid many surprises to the scientists. There, apart from the most ancient burial of Europe (10,000 B.C.), relics of prehistoric fishery were found and foremost : opsidianus pieces of 7,000 B.C. (Note that the volcanic material of opsidianus exists only in Milos island. Opsidianus of the same age has been found in Halkidiki and Hoirokitia of Cyprus...). This stands as a serious proof that Greeks already were travelling with ease all over the Aegean sea.
[Jacobsen T. 17.000 Years of Greek Prehistory , Scientific American, 234 (1976)]

Anyway, my favorite invention/acomplishment among many others is:

THE EFPALINION AQUEDUCT OF SAMOS

Efpalinion excavation (ditch) is a mechanical wonder in the history of Mechanic Technology. this indicates the high level of scientific knowledge by the Hellene mechanics of the sixth century b.C. The great ancient Hellene mechanic Efpalinos succeed in opening a water supply channel (duct) through a mountain in order to supply with water the capital city of Samos (Pythagorion) .
The water supply channel (duct) consisted of three unequal parts .The first was on the land travelling 900 m. from the spring , it ended at the bottom of mountain Ambelos where it connected with the entrance of the channel (tunnel) which was the main construction .
The channel (tunnel) was 1036 m. long and its excavation started simultaneously from both sides of the mountain .
The two working groups met in the center of the channel and they had only 0,6 m. error !!

Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2005 at 07:37
Originally posted by Murtaza

what about fire? I mean If I am not wrong, It was stolen from gods by a Greek hero. Maybe we own you fire too. Well If Greeks found medicine , why not fire?

You must have missed what I wrote. We have finds of the most ancient fire ever lit by human hands in the entire planet (1,000,000 B.C.). at Petralona Halkidiki. (Yes that is 1 million, no typo)

Edited by Phallanx
human View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote human Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2005 at 07:37

Menippos

Of course i mean Greek language!!!!. I mean the Greek language that gave its parts to other languages most of them in science and even in common daily speach.

About the tactics you are probably right.

You Got to Lose to Know How to Win...
Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2005 at 07:42

Originally posted by Phallanx

Originally posted by Murtaza

You must have missed what I wrote. We have finds of the most ancient fire ever lit by human hands in the entire planet (1,000,000 B.C.). at Petralona Halkidiki. (Yes that is 1 million, no typo)

uh, So thanks for fire, I think there were no human at  1 000 000 year ago, but It looks like I am wrong.

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2005 at 07:50
Originally posted by Yiannis

different things. But the most important three are:

Coffee is Arabic... whatever...

i think so too

also Kabab is Babylonian

Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2005 at 07:53
Hmm, no humans?
Well ok, but you could always look up "Archanthropus europeaus Petraloniensis", found in the 11th layer of the geological stratification which means that "he" lived during the Crenian cold period, which is more than 700,000 years ago.

Some estimate that he is our proper European ancestor since his characteristics are too "high" for an "erectus" and just a bit lower than those of a "Sapiens".

In anyway, either if this is correct or not, the finds in the cave at Petralona Halkidiki support use of fire 1 million yrs ago. Up to now, this constitutes the oldest trace, only time will show if we find older traces.
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2005 at 08:01

Not necessarily. There were traces of humanoid-made fires found north of Johanesburg that were celculated to be 1,5M years old.

The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2005 at 08:10
Yiannis

I've heard about some finds in Kenya but never heard about this one before
Menippos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menippos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2005 at 08:35
Well, I am sure that fire was not a greek creation.
But Greek fire was
CARRY NOTHING
Menippos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menippos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2005 at 08:37
Thanx Phallanx
Human, true, but expect many objections from some members here
CARRY NOTHING
Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2005 at 09:07
Menippos

Objections to what?
We could easily post a number of Hellinic words that are used in this very topic, not to mention everyday life as human mentioned.
Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2005 at 09:32
  1. the first village in the world (Jarmo) near kirkuk now
  2. first civilization in the world (sumer)
  3. we found writing  about  3200 B.C
  4. first liberation war by aoutokhekal against kutians
  5. babylonian divided minute ,hour,day,months and year
  6. hanging garden
  7. we found adobe,pottry 5000 B.C

"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
kotumeyil View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote kotumeyil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2005 at 09:49

Originally posted by Phallanx

But since we have traces of the most ancient fire ever lit by human hands in the entire planet (1,000,000 B.C.). at Petralona Halkidiki

I think it's wrong to claim any ethnicity or "nation" for a humanoid that lived 1,000,000 years ago. Even the purest ethnicity we know in the history must be the result of an interbreeding between humanoids...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>