Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Worst mistake in the islamic history?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worst mistake in the islamic history?
    Posted: 08-Jul-2005 at 06:58
Originally posted by azimuth

[QUOTE=Ahmed The Fighter]

i think it all went wrong and the name Caliph is not really represent what it actully meant at the begining.

what you mean by it all went wrong explain.

you must explin whose right nd whose wrong nd you didn't anwer me about Uthman family and thier ranks in islamic socity how they trered people

"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jul-2005 at 04:34
Originally posted by Ahmed The Fighter

[

what you mean by it all went wrong explain.

you must explin whose right nd whose wrong nd you didn't anwer me about Uthman family and thier ranks in islamic socity how they trered people

well i meant by "all went wrong" that many misunderstandings happened at that time, Ali didnt want to get those khawarj angry coz they were powerfull and Muaweyah wanted those murderers otherwise he wont accept Ali as the Next Caliph after Uthman.

then there was an attempt from those Khawarj to assasinate both Ali and Muaweyah, muaweyah survived but Ali was injured and died from the injery.

so as you can see all Went wrong from misunderstanding and the Truth is that Umayyad should not have taken the rule and changed the Caliphat to a Kingdom like government you know father dies his son or one of his relatives rule next.

and about Uthman Familly, you didnt ask any Questions about them did you?

why you ask that? 

are you saying that Caliph Uthman's assasination was the right thing to do?

i think your answer would be yes otherwise you wont be Shiie

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jul-2005 at 04:35
Originally posted by Constantine XI

Certainly sir, I have a good academic article at home I found very interesting on this topic. Shall post its theory when I am back at my place.

still not back at your place?

Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jul-2005 at 13:54

No i didn't say it  was the right thing to do but we must face the truth Uthmn made a lot of mitake in his rule taht is fact.

i think you know about it .

you must know the real intention of Muaawya he want the throne all muslim know that but he took Uthman shirt as a reason as we all knowed

and Ali was the right caliph at that time but Muaawya did not see the truth because he had a dream to establish Umayyad dynasty(kingdom).

Khalid Bin Walid
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2005 at 05:02
Originally posted by Ahmed The Fighter

you must know the real intention of Muaawya he want the throne all muslim know that but he took Uthman shirt as a reason as we all knowed

and Ali was the right caliph at that time but Muaawya did not see the truth because he had a dream to establish Umayyad dynasty(kingdom).

well Muaawya wouldn't have done that if Caliph Uthaman was not murdered.

so the reasons for the Umayyad to rise is mostly the Murder of the 3rd Caliph.

and yes Ali is the right Caliph. but the difference is that we consider him as the Fourth Caliph after Abu Baker and Omar and Uthman.

those we call "Al Khulafa Al Rashedeen"

Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2005 at 01:27
Fine that is good the topics end here my friend nice to talk with you Azimuth
Khalid Bin Walid
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2005 at 03:03

nice talking to you too

Cengiz Kagan View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Cengiz Kagan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2005 at 20:57
Originally posted by Oguzoglu

The betrayel of Arabs against Ottoman Empire.

1000% TRUE.

Betrayel is in their nature. They can't help it

Edited by Cengiz Kagan
TANRI TURKU KORUSUN
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2005 at 03:18
Originally posted by Cengiz Kagan

Originally posted by Oguzoglu

The betrayel of Arabs against Ottoman Empire.

1000% TRUE.

Betrayel is in their nature. They can't help it

OMG

you are the 2nd Hulaguhan of this forum

just try to post something different at each thread, but it seems that you dont have much to add

Arabian Falcon View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Arabian Falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2005 at 06:54
Originally posted by azimuth

well that wouldn't hve happened if alkhawarj ( the first shias) who came from egypt assasinated Caliph Uthman.

Totally agree with you ..

On the other hand, I think that the worst mistake in Islamic History was when the muslims crossed Gibraltar and conquered Andalusia without thinking about its harsh stratigic position their (The Catholic kingdoms from North and the Muslims Back was only the sea) ...

Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2005 at 21:00

Well I got home only to discover I could not find that book of articles. I honestly thought I had retained it, but I must have thrown it out with the end of 2004. Basically the article, written by a Syrian academic, explores the rise of Islam as secular ideas and the spread of knowledge is encouraged after the early conquests. This is also coupled with the usage of paper, compared to Europe which is still stuck with using parchment and papyrus. The author explores political and military developments in the Islamic world, including the Crusades, and notes how the states in control increasingly became insular and extended state control over many areas of learning. The restrictions imposed by the often warlike Islamic governments (e.g. Mamluke Egypt, Gazi leaders in Anatolia), who often sought to unite their followers via a militaristic Islamic message to combat the militaristic Christian foe, led to a neglect of many areas of secular learning.

Anyway my apologies on not having that article, it expressed my point quite well.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2005 at 16:50

well that wouldn't hve happened if alkhawarj ( the first shias) who came from egypt assasinated Caliph Uthman.

I Totally Agree!!!!!!

Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2005 at 01:28

They were not first shia.

you wrong wahabi man

Khalid Bin Walid
Tughrul_Beg View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Tughrul_Beg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2005 at 02:12
TURKS , invading  albania  
Albans are the poo-poo of the mountains , their only positive thing is labour force, grand vizier and master of ibn fadl of turkish court , IBN ERTUGHRUL / NICLOS PAPPAS
Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2005 at 07:27

Uh

First Turks attacked albania

Second Albanians attacked Turks

They have more ruler (except Patisah) than Turks

Peace View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Peace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 14:48
I think that the worst mistake was in the battle of Vienna were muslims under the leadership of Grand Visier Ibrahim Pasha went to conquer Vienna (without the permission of the sultan who didn't want to let Europe unite against the ottoman empire which was the only muslim country in the world), but due to betrayal of Murad Pasha and Ibrahim Pasha (who deserted with his whole part of the army (al-maymana) ) mulims were defeated, after which europeans restored thier self-confidence and they got the feeling that the ottoman empire can be defeated, and ever since the muslims kept on pulling back and lost their abilty of dynamically moving in Europe, which led to the catastrophic eventual fall of ottoman empire. 
Al Bedawi View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Al Bedawi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jul-2005 at 21:13
The shia revolved from

The original shia

Then there was a break where the Khawarji assinated ali

they then Broke into the shia and the khawarji and then later the

Imamite 12 (jafaari) Alawi 3 (not to be confused with alevi of turk) and Ismaili (aga khanis 5)  Khawarji are originaly shia
An army of sheep led by a lion would defeat an army of lions led by a sheep.
Al Bedawi View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Al Bedawi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jul-2005 at 21:15
allowing the Turks into Islam.

It becomes corrupted, with sufi ideas and a corrupt beauracracy
An army of sheep led by a lion would defeat an army of lions led by a sheep.
HulaguHan View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote HulaguHan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jul-2005 at 21:46

Well it was Turks who forced you to allow Turks into Islam.

Bedawi, check my new thread.

http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4735& ;PN=1&TPN=1

I am sure you' ll like it.

Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Aug-2005 at 02:23
Bedwi your are wong Alkhawarij weren't the first shia.
Khalid Bin Walid
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>